Geroge Zimmerman trial

Options

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am sick to my stomach knowing he got away with what he did. I just can't believe it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I am sick to my stomach knowing he got away with what he did. I just can't believe it.

yep. he may have gotten away with it on legal technicalities but killing a teen because he was losing a fight is morally wrong and he will spend the rest of his life in fear.
  • Nikki31104
    Options

yep. he may have gotten away with it on legal technicalities but killing a teen because he was losing a fight is morally wrong and he will spend the rest of his life in fear.

I also fear that this will cause an uprising in Sanford. The people will feel this injustice much like they did during the L.A. riots.n
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The jury got it right...

I didn't see this much uprising when those 9 people were shot and killed last week in Chicago. Was that because it was blacks killing blacks? Is that okay??
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Tyty, that's cuz none of those were called "son" by our President. Regardless, a kid is dead, and now someone has to live with a target on their back for a couple of months until we all forget about this. Now that the circus is over, we can go back to blaming Obama for our countries problems again.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see what evidence there is to show this had anything to do with race.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If I was in an area with nobody else on the streets and some guy first follows me in his car, then gets out of the car and follows me on foot, I'd think he was a dangerous creep too. I'd feel threatened.
    Yes. .. and if you then decided to physically assault the person following you...you might not make it back home.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I have yet to see what evidence there is to show this had anything to do with race.

There isn't any.

This was made about race by our very own president.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

There isn't any.

That is a load of bull. I swear you can't just take everything that happens and blame Obama for it. I am not even a big fan of Obama and I don't think he had anything to do with the droves of *kitten* popping up out of the wood work and trying to make something racial.

Now Obama has actually done somethings that should be called in the question and rectified but if you try to blame him for everything negative that ever exists it dilutes the credibility of legitimate criticisms. The same bull was happening with Bush and I am sure the same crap will happen with whoever comes next.
  • TyTy76
    Options

There isn't any.

That is a load of bull. I swear you can't just take everything that happens and blame Obama for it. I am not even a big fan of Obama and I don't think he had anything to do with the droves of *kitten* popping up out of the wood work and trying to make something racial.

Now Obama has actually done somethings that should be called in the question and rectified but if you try to blame him for everything negative that ever exists it dilutes the credibility of legitimate criticisms. The same bull was happening with Bush and I am sure the same crap will happen with whoever comes next.

Except it all started with Mr. Obama saying "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" Then Mr. Obama PUSHED to prosecute when it was already determined that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute.
  • soldier4242
    Options

There isn't any.

Except it all started with Mr. Obama saying "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" Then Mr. Obama PUSHED to prosecute when it was already determined that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute.
    I have heard that song and dance before and the only thing that I found a credible source to confirm is that he said if he had a son he might look like Trayvon and it became its own animal from there.

I don't even know why anyone is even asking the presidents opinion on a case like this. Are we to have the president weigh in on every single murder case that pops up? For Pete's sake Obama doesn't have squat to do with this case. He is supposed to be making much bigger decisions about much larger issues.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am just sick over this.....I am really struggling internally about this because of my Christian beliefs vs how angry I feel about this.....

There may not have been any justice for Trayvon on this earth, but one day, Zimmerman will have to face God

My heart bleeds for Trayvon's poor parents...to know that their son's life is not valued
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I am just sick over this.....I am really struggling internally about this because of my Christian beliefs vs how angry I feel about this.....

There may not have been any justice for Trayvon on this earth, but one day, Zimmerman will have to face God

My heart bleeds for Trayvon's poor parents...to know that their son's life is not valued

Their son's life is not valued? Really?

What about the 9 people that were shot last weekend in Chicago, that the media will NEVER tell you about? Their lives apparently have no value.
  • Nikki31104
    Options
    I don't think this has anything to do with race. I see it as a child is gone and an adult got away with it. I think murder of any person regardless of race or ethnicity or gender or sexual orientation or whatever other reason a person might come up with is wrong. A mother recently got 20 years for firing warning shots in the air but Zimmerman didn't even get involuntary manslaughter? It just isn't right.
  • Nikki31104
    Options

What about the 9 people that were shot last weekend in Chicago, that the media will NEVER tell you about? Their lives apparently have no value.

They absolutely had value. Everyone's life has value.
  • TyTy76
    Options

They absolutely had value. Everyone's life has value.

Okay so why is it that you hear NOTHING about them?
    Is it because it was black killing blacks?

Why doesn't Rev. Jesse Jackson get up and protest them?
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think murder of any person regardless of race or ethnicity or gender or sexual orientation or whatever other reason a person might come up with is wrong.
    If you were being raped and a gun magically appeared in your hand you wouldn't use it?
  • TyTy76
    Options
    George Zimmerman's parents and family are now locked in their homes because of death threats.

Stayin classy...
  • soldier4242
    Options

Based on what I heard it sounded like a case of self defense. Perhaps I don't have the correct story but more to the point. If you think that there is some form of cosmic justice then you are kidding yourself. If Zimmerman is a Christian and he asks for forgiveness then he will be let in to heaven just the same as anyone else. It's not like this murder makes him unable to get in. I haven't committed murder but your god would make me suffer for not believing in him. Jeffry Dahmer gets eternal paradise but anyone who does not believe gets eternal hell. There is no cosmic justice.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

The 'justice system' in the states has once again shown us that it does not value black lives the same way it values white lives.....it has been like that forever.....

When a white person commits murder, in a state with "Stand Your Ground", they are 354% more likely to be found justified if the victim is black.....in a state without that law, they are 250% more likely to get away with murdering a black person.....

That is a staggering stat......and it makes me rather sick to my stomach