Welcome!

Options

Replies

• mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am trying to join the group, but it won't let me. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly on board! Great idea!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mary go into groups, search Drop 20 by Easter 2015. Then on upper right hand side a green button will say Join group! I hope this helps if not let me know
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Excited for this!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    In ☺
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yayyy!!! thank god i found a group just in time. my friend is getting married in april and hopefully i can drop my weight just in time to rock my dress. feel free to add me.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I finally was able to officially join by logging into MFP through Chrome. I am very excited for this group. Having a difficult time since Thanksgiving and need to recommit beginning of the New Year.
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! Hopefully hitting my first goal of 35 by Christmas... I am .2 away...so this is a great next step!
  • emmawoodchuck
    emmawoodchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes please! Am purely trying for damage limitation over xmas and then want to lose 30lb in 2015. Would like to get 20 of those off by Easter (Good Friday is 3rd April by the way)! See you Jan 1st.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I want to commit to this too. :) Really want to get back to feeling good about myself. This should take me to my goal weight.
  • Busyonkwe
    Busyonkwe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is great. Being accountable to others is one of the effective means of achieving goals and I'm looking forward to shedding the lbs before Easter.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Definitely count me in! Been monitoring my calories for a while now but know that I will let that slide over the festive period and this group is exactly what I need to get back on track in the New Year. Let's do this!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    In. went from 275 to 205 from october of last year to april, stalled out and gained 5 back since then. Goal weight being 185 it would be great to be within 5 lbs of that by Easter, and this should help with motivation
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 15 lbs so I'm in!
  • Kgremmy
    Kgremmy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in.......I need this
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    im in, cant wait to be 20 lbs less :D
  • jelitor
    jelitor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in! I don't even know what 20 pounds less looks like on me, I have never weighed less than 175 (I am 5'5"), currently at 189, but can't wait for it!

169 it is! :# (*)
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Maybe this will provide some motivation to finally get back on the wagon!
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to join this group. Like Cycletrak1, I am just finishing up with the Christmas Challenge group (which was so much help) and was looking for another group to help maintain my momentum. I've lost 31 lbs with the Christmas Challenge (37 in total) and I have another 50+ to go. This is the best progress I've made in a long time and finally feel like I've found something that I can live with in the long-term.

I am 58 years old and married with 2 grown children and 3 grandchildren. I retired 1 1/2 years ago and moved across the country (Canada) so I've had lots of changes in my life lately. I am determined to lose weight through methods I can live with for the rest of my life - I am tired of losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over - so, no more fad diets for me. I have developed my own reasonable eating plan which I log faithfully on MFP. I also belong to TOPS which helps hold me accountable. For activity, currently I go to Curves 3 days per week (which also helps me be accountable) plus I walk 6 days per week.

I'm going away for the holidays and will endeavour to not gain during that time (secretly, I'm hoping to lose a pound or two). I'm looking forward to working with this group - I hope we can be a great support for one another. See you in January - I'll check in on January 4 when I return.

Here are my stats:
    OSW: 230 lbs
    UGW: 140 lbs
    CW: 193 lbs
    Lbs remaining: 53 lbs.

Thank you for starting this group.
  • keiratrembath
    Options
    I'm in! :smiley: This seems like an awesome goal!