Welcome!

Options

Replies

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be a part of this challenge and group! I'm starting now, so hopefully I will have at least a few pounds off by Jan 1!
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is great! My goal weight is somewhere between 20-30lbs less than I am now, but I had 60-70lbs to lose originally and I've been successful because I've been setting short term goals for myself. My current goal was to weigh 165 by Christmas(and I'm currently 169 so I'll JUST miss this goal lol) but I hadn't thought about after that, so I think that losing 20lbs by Easter will see me to the end, hopefully!

Looking forward to all the motivation!
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm IN!
  • bldeno
    bldeno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need this!!
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel the need to stay motivated and supported through tax season! It's a stressful time and I tend to stress-eat!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good motivated crowd! Looking forward to Jan. 1st and thanks for joining.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    12qw34 wrote: »
    For those of you who were in the Christmas challenge how does this challenge work?
    Hi 12qw34,
    I participated in the "Lose 20 lbs for Christmas Challenge". Most members targetted 20 lbs but were free to chose their own target (I was trying to get below the 200 mark so I set my goal at 25 lbs which took me to 199).

We kept it very simple. There were 18 weeks until Christmas. One of our members is a technical person and she developed a spreadsheet to capture our weights and calculate lbs lost that week and lbs lost to date, % weight lost, as well as our success in completing "Special Challenges" each week.

We each chose a "weigh-in day" and recorded our weights on that day each week. The Administrator for the spreadsheet closed it off a couple of days after the end of the week. In order to make it less onerous on her, she removed names after the members failed to report in for several weeks (unless they advised in advance).

A new thread was created on MFP each week where the members could report in on their progress. We introduced the concept of Special Challenges for anyone who wished to identify a particular issue that they wanted to address that week and how they planned to tackle it. At the end of the week, they could report on the outcome - what worked, what didn't.

Our group should be prepared to lose a significant number of its members over time. I estimate that only about 25% will continue beyond the first 6-10 weeks - that seems to be the norm. But that doesn't mean the remaining members are any less committed to this endeavour. If it was easy, we'd all be slim!!

• Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I truly wanna be in.. This is great I have put on so much weight just in the last few months..
    I have been planning on kickin my rump in gear on the first of the year.. I have bought myself 4 new exercise outfits, Santa is bringing me a treadmill, I have 2 kettle bells now, I just got hooked up with my new Fitbit etc.. Now all I need is this group and all of you :smiley:
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    12qw34 wrote: »
    For those of you who were in the Christmas challenge how does this challenge work?
    Hi 12qw34,
    I participated in the "Lose 20 lbs for Christmas Challenge". Most members targetted 20 lbs but were free to chose their own target (I was trying to get below the 200 mark so I set my goal at 25 lbs which took me to 199).

We kept it very simple. There were 18 weeks until Christmas. One of our members is a technical person and she developed a spreadsheet to capture our weights and calculate lbs lost that week and lbs lost to date, % weight lost, as well as our success in completing "Special Challenges" each week.

We each chose a "weigh-in day" and recorded our weights on that day each week. The Administrator for the spreadsheet closed it off a couple of days after the end of the week. In order to make it less onerous on her, she removed names after the members failed to report in for several weeks (unless they advised in advance).

A new thread was created on MFP each week where the members could report in on their progress. We introduced the concept of Special Challenges for anyone who wished to identify a particular issue that they wanted to address that week and how they planned to tackle it. At the end of the week, they could report on the outcome - what worked, what didn't.

Our group should be prepared to lose a significant number of its members over time. I estimate that only about 25% will continue beyond the first 6-10 weeks - that seems to be the norm. But that doesn't mean the remaining members are any less committed to this endeavour. If it was easy, we'd all be slim!!

Thank you so much for your detailed response!
  • ywall2012
    Options
    I'm in! I really need this although I'll be doing my WI in stones not pounds (from UK)
  • akoullias
    akoullias Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm Greek so my easter is a April 12... Does that mean I get an extra week ;)
    Jk
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I think this is just what i need. I will be doing my weight in kgs is that ok?
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Count me in too! :) I just can't seem to get motivated enough to lose the weight and need support.
  • dianemcan
    dianemcan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is going to be great. We can do it!!!
  • willowcreeklane
    willowcreeklane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What a great way to start the new year off. Count me in!
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    In!
  • smekavutikul
    Options
    Yayyyyy finally loing weight buddiesssss
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm only 3 pounds away from my end of the year goal I set back for myself in Sept when I started my weight loss journey! So far, I'm down 25 pounds with 40-50 to go so I think this is exactly what I need! Love the accountability and motivation! Anyone is free to add me as well :)
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    My name is Karina. I am 22 years old. I am a good 223 pounds right now. I am looking to get near or into Onederland by the end of this challenge.

My birthday is March 26th, this will be a great birthday present for myself. Its been quite sometime that I have actually used MFP religiously and unfortunately I gained all the weight back and then some.

So with that said, I am going to start the year off right. Tons of motivation here. If you all need a friend please feel free to add me or pm me!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm only 3 pounds away from my end of the year goal I set back for myself in Sept when I started my weight loss journey! So far, I'm down 25 pounds with 40-50 to go so I think this is exactly what I need! Love the accountability and motivation! Anyone is free to add me as well :)

Wow that is great!! Keep doing an awesome job!