Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seven Day Water Challenge

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    yepper great chance to tighten it up. Trackin now.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Okay, got my 64 oz in for the day! I'm sure I'll drink more, but I love knowing I got that out of way! :smile:
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Jen, I am a total Diet Coke junkie. Serious problem and I fear what that stuff has done to my body all these years. Water is helping me to drink less, but I haven't given it up yet. I long for the day that it will be something I have one as a "treat"! Like when you were little. I was the kid in HS who took my lunch money and went out for lunch to buy a Diet Coke or Tab and a pack of smokes. Embarrassed to say that, but it is true. It has been one of my longest relationships <3

Carol, I have to continue this. A week or two is something I can do relatively easily. It is the commitment thing that gets me every time, plus the short attention span.

I have taken a moment every day while we have done this to think about positive things I am gaining from it in hopes of reinforcing the habit. Seems silly, but without that connection I will not continue. I have to do that with everything I do when I change things up. Positives: My skin feels amazing already (should say BETTER), feel hydrated, my joints feel better, drinking less Diet Coke which means my energy level feels pretty even...

Here's a biggie...
    This little challenge makes me feel some sense of control. At least I did one thing right and consistently. Helps builds the strength to tackle other goals. It works. Same with John's 2D Nail Challenge. I feel stronger every day and it's more than the physical stuff.

Thanks for posting this challenge Carol. (((hugs)))
  • kris3b wrote: »
    Jen, I am a total Diet Coke junkie. Serious problem and I fear what that stuff has done to my body all these years. Water is helping me to drink less, but I haven't given it up yet. I long for the day that it will be something I have one as a "treat"! Like when you were little. I was the kid in HS who took my lunch money and went out for lunch to buy a Diet Coke or Tab and a pack of smokes. Embarrassed to say that, but it is true. It has been one of my longest relationships <3

Thanks for posting this challenge Carol. (((hugs)))

Hehehe, a Diet Coke and a pack of smokes. Ah, those were the days! :) I gave up Diet Coke a few years ago when the Zero stuff came out. Stopped that about 4 months ago due to trying to ween myself off of aspartame, so I moved to 'leaded' Coke. That was rough, as the headaches from aspartame withdrawal were no fun. But yes, I want ALL out of my system.

You're doing awesome in limiting your Diet Cokes.

Carol rocks!!! Wonder what she has in mind for us all next week? :wink:
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    100 oz
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited December 2014
    Just a note to all on the water challenge you should be noticing thicker and longer fingernails by now. In a couple weeks if you keep it up your hair will feel thicker too. Just sayin'...

BTW 224oz (25 cups) BRBGP!
  • Threw back 96 oz ... And trips to the loo equalled a half mile full out sprint! :D Cheers to all My Fun MFP Drinking Buddies. Xoxo
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    I was a total diet coke junkie. I was drinking the leaded stuff when we had our smokes in high school. But the diet stuff started to rule my life as an adult. Took me years of quitting over & over again. Finally stopped for good almost 2 years ago. Now the carbonated water with TOO MUCH of the drops (Mio/Crush/Kool Aid) are my treat. But that treat became my all day drink!

Grateful for you guys. Kristin is right- I'm much more in control and I feel better too.

Keep drinking!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Good Morning Folks and Happy Friday. Great work on every bodies part today.
    Carol, just a suggestion but try Real Lemon Concentrate in your water instead if the Mio etc. It has the obvious benefit of giving a positive taste to the water but will also help keep your kidneys at peak functioning. Save the Mio for the last glass of the day. Keep it as a treat but you only earn the treat when you've already hit your happy 64 for the day.

I raise my Coffee mug to you all in salute. Keep on Chuggin and runnin!
  • montana_girl
    edited December 2014
    I am also a former Diet Coke addict. Gave it up two years ago and have not gone back (though the temptation is always there!). Someone told me that if I tried to drink it now, I probably would be disgusted by the flavor. I keep that in mind whenever I'm tempted.

I recently gave up sweetener in my tea so daily liquids are plain water or teas without sweeteners. That's it. No drops, mixes, add ins in the water. Okay, Propel water mix-ins after my long runs to replenish my electrolytes. But I have a major problem with dehydration so that is a must (and Carol can back me up on that one! ;) ).

• babygirl59601
    babygirl59601 Posts: 74 Member
    Am up for it and know I need to drink more water. Already half way there today!
  • montana_girl
    Well, crap... busy day at work and now I can't remember how many times I've filled my water mug. So I'm either at 32 or 48 oz... :neutral_face:
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Running low on water today...need to step it up this afternoon so I don't feel the dehydration effects on my run. Bottoms up!
  • kris3b
    Hi Babygirl. I am behind on my water, but will get it in. Vacation day and I am awful when I do not have a schedule. Fingers crossed with the weekend here. Cheers all!
  • I'm with you Kris. It's more difficult to get my water in when I'm not at work. I forced myself to do so today though. You'll get it all in today. :)
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    I was a total diet coke junkie. I was drinking the leaded stuff when we had our smokes in high school. But the diet stuff started to rule my life as an adult. Took me years of quitting over & over again. Finally stopped for good almost 2 years ago. Now the carbonated water with TOO MUCH of the drops (Mio/Crush/Kool Aid) are my treat. But that treat became my all day drink!

Grateful for you guys. Kristin is right- I'm much more in control and I feel better too.

Keep drinking!!

Keep drinking!!

• jeffreyschmitt34
    75oz
  • 120oz of water finished, & now going to move on to other beverages :) I ADORE this challenge! I have realized MANY times, I've fed my thirst, rather than quenching it with water.
  • Hmrjmr1
    136 oz for Friday
  • kris3b
    120oz of water finished, & now going to move on to other beverages :) I ADORE this challenge! I have realized MANY times, I've fed my thirst, rather than quenching it with water.

Great way to put it DebSue! I "fed" myself 72 oz yesterday, but did notice being a tad parched last night.