Dec 7-Dec 13 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    3 miler today. 2 easy pace and last one finish strong.

8:21
    8:14
    7:19

24:04 7:59/mile

According to Nike+ I tend to run in bursts. My charts are really up and down...for like two tenths of a mile I'll be at a 6:30 pace and then next two tenths at a 8:00 pace. Up and down, up and down. I need to work on that.

Kris I do the same thing. If I stay up too late I always crave food and it's almost always something like cereal or a PB&J. I chalk a lot of my progress failures up to this habit.

John that's good to hear about your friend. I didn't realize they could be so invasive. I used to know people who were saving up for that. Also the stomach shrinking one where they make your stomach smaller by surgery.

Cynthia 55# is great! That's 10 more than the bar so you're already in the positive! Good job!

Heron how often do you track your weight? Chicken pot pie sounds great!
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Heron - Flight was mostly uneventful. We had a 20 minute or so hold on tarmac - but due to something at LAX where I connected. Just made flight.

Seems like brunt of storm missed Sacramento...plenty of continuous rain, but not terrible. We even drove up to Colfax Thursday afternoon to tour Crispin Cider (and do a pretty great tasting). One of our brands. Really was impressed with the people there. Such pride in what they do. Which they should be. All organic honey , 100% fresh apple juice, with some really special yeasts in fermentation and a great barrel aging program. Truly handcrafted cider. Drive home kinda sucked, raining pretty hard, but again not torrential. Our local was the designated driver.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Checking in ... another feast planned for tomorrow !
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey folks. I'll tell you about my last couple of days tomorrow, but for now, Hey. :)
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    25mcaro wrote: »
    You're the one wearing THE pants today.This week a new discovery, that diet and exercise with plenty of water really work. Old School Style

Old School! Love it!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!

Finally! Had a good day with eating and tracking yesterday, even with going out to dinner with my husband. Gives me hope that I can get back on track! I even got my step goal on my Fitbit yesterday.

Today is a new day so I plan on making the most of it!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!

That's the Stacy I know!!!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Good morning everybody.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you.

Chris - If you want to even out your times, might be time to take training in to the Dreadmill. You can even out your times and even train to an improved time by doing a couple weeks on the ergometer. Set the speed to match what you want to do, then train the same distance for 3X week X 3 weeks. Research has shown it has a positive effect. Heard about it on Ben Greenfield a while ago.

25mcaro - Yep Old School actually works Who'd a thunk it?

Stacy U B Jammin' Keep it rollin' Lass.

Cynthia - Dittos to all the comments above, you are in a good place with your weight training. Steady, and safe progress is a very good thing.

Kim glad to see home safe and sound after a good trip, I love hard cider. Especially warm and with a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon.

Arturo - Happy Birthday Lad!

Heron Carb Nite sounds like loads o fun this week, Great reset that I'd guess that pot pie is hoooah kind o good, do you use coconut flour for the crust?

Howie - I think we have to find our path and sometimes hack it out of the jungle. Other folks can help you now and again, and some will show you different ways to hold the machete while others just holler at ya to hack away. In the end its YOUR path, and you take ownership of it, and filter out the noise makers from the teachers, and the folks who just want to make noise from those who want you to do well. All are part of the process. I don't watch the TV folks discussed above so no comment. But I will say that there are ways to say even the 'hard' things with out belittling folks. I have confidence in you Howie that you will succeed, and look forward to reading about it here when you can post as you move along your trail. God's speed my friend.

• kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday All!

Chris, Funny you should say that because last night I was at battle with toasting some bread and having a PB sandwich. I did NOT and opted for sleep:) As for the runs, I am the same way with running in bursts. I think that is why I am much better running outside where I can easily adjust for the spurts. On the treadmill I feel like I am struggling with pace.

I am off to meet a few girlfriend's for a walk. No running today. It starts out in a less than desirable city. When I told the BF he walked out to the car, opened the trunk and brought in some bags of stuff we are returning to stores. Asked what the heck he was doing and he said that if the car gets stolen there isn't anything in it. LOL It's not THAT bad. It is just one of those areas where one street is great and go a couple streets over and may be some crack houses. So it is pretty much like many cities these days. I'll be back to catch up more later:)

Have a great day!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Kris and B Careful out there.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 13 189.2 to 188.4 going down slow
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Quick post today. Eating a nutritious breakfast than off to do the bulk of my Christmas shopping. Then it's back to the office for a few hours of work
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Arturo! Have a great one.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Happy 12-13-14!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Good Eats and Alton Brown seems like an awesome dude. Plus, he's a gun guy!

He's also a motorcycle guy. Yet another reason I like him.

Happy Saturday everyone.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Just finished my breakfast (late as I run errands with my mom on Saturday mornings). Made an egg and beefy scramble using Beyond Meat beefy crumbles. I'm not vegan since I'm eating eggs, cheese and fish) but I am trying to limit my meat intake and potentially eliminate it altogether. I have to say the fake meat was very good, tasted similar to a standard grocery store lean ground beef (with less than 5% fat). Can't complain at all. Something I'll definitely be keeping in my freezer.
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Checkin in! Just got back from the range. It's been to long.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes. You're all awesome "Pals"
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well, today was a bit of a bust for food/exercise, but I had a great day with my daughter and with former in-laws who I haven't seen in years. Worth it!

Tomorrow will be much better. Happy birthday Arturo!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chris I weigh myself twice a week. Here's my problem, I'm having some inflammation issues I think.. I ate some raw store bought non organic tomatoes 3 weeks ago; I bloated up like a balloon and had stomach cramps for a couple of days. (I don't have that problem with the tomatoes I grow... )before I could get better, it's that time of the month for me and after that passed my bloat just haven't gone all the way down