07/12/14 - 13/12/14 Weekly Post

Options

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    ^^^just found out you can zoom more than I thought..... Blond moment :p
    If you go on the magnifying glass and then use the zoom slider at the bottom of the article...for any other blondies out there...
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey @Flumi_f so exciting to see the finished article...the pictures are amazing!! And your on the cover!!! Great job!
  • snaps27
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »

Snaps27 - that is very painful. Especially to hear it from a family member. I will say one thing though, when it comes to saying the truth in love, 7 year olds are very good at the truth part but are still working on the love part. I bet in her heart, your daughter thinks you are the best mom on the planet no matter what shape you are. :smile:

TY @jknight001. I know that she's only 7...that's why it only hurt for a split second. She is a lovely girl and hopefully she will never have the problems with weigh that I have had to suffer with, but if she ever does I know I am here to help her or any of my kids with the 5:2 way of life. They will never have to struggle for years like I have.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    snaps27 - I know, it hurt. It is probably one of the best wake up calls though. And think of it this way...You are now changing your life and are a better role model for your kids by doing so. They will be influenced by the positive changes you are making in your own life. By living your healthier eating habits and lifestyle, you are doing the best thing you can for them too! The chances of them battling with weight problems will also sink!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Sneaking in a fast day today (my husband had loving advised me to only fast once a week...scared about me getting sick). I don't want to derail the progress that I have made so far so I'm fasting today...ssshhh...don't tell anyone ;)

All planned out...

tea with sugar and milk until dinner 60cals
    green beans with chicken tomato soup 480cal

a little over, but I'll take it :o
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    snaps27 - I know, it hurt. It is probably one of the best wake up calls though. And think of it this way...You are now changing your life and are a better role model for your kids by doing so. They will be influenced by the positive changes you are making in your own life. By living your healthier eating habits and lifestyle, you are doing the best thing you can for them too! The chances of them battling with weight problems will also sink!

@snaps. This ! Showing your girl that you're addressing a problem is MUCH more valuable indirect lesson than avoiding the trouble issues altogether. (which I lovingly call ostrich-izing...they hide head in feathers when afraid).

Actions DO speak louder than words.
  • Foamroller
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ty all for the support and compliments about my progress so far :) Just to clarify. I'm doing 6:1, 16:8 and LCHF, so loosely following 3 eating protocols. I'm not hysterical if I go outside the general rules I've set for myself, as long as they're exceptions. There has even been weeks of mental diet break.

I started out as a smoking 1 pack a day, total sedentary almost 4 years ago after turning 40 yo. I've logged over 60 minutes per day of exercise past 2 months of varying intensity. Normally I do 2 or 3x2hrs of hard sessions per week, the rest is low intensity training (LIT), because I need to expand my endurance capacity right now as a step towards bigger goals. Plus inviting more mitochondria factories in slow twitch muscles, are presumably good for more burning :) (google slow twitch muscle fiber, if you're interested).

My way of doing this isn't the only way. It's pretty much optimized for max weight loss with lots of exercise for MY body. We're all different with different goals, wishes or needs. ie . your goals may require a totally different approach and implementation. Experimenting is necessary to find your key.

Since I'm on a journey to become a cycling instructor, I have to be careful to NOT over-exercise. Balance between dieting, pushing hard and resting is the key for me.

If anyone has questions about how I do it, feel free to ask or you can add me.
    When I'm done with the paper I have to write for practical exam, I'll start on the guide for IF eating. All of you more seasoned vets, please send me your thoughts and ideas or pet issues. I'd love to make an including guide that sums up our shared knowledge...before posting, lol.

TRIAL AND ERROR FTW :)
  • Foamroller
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here I am ;-) The text is really small on a small screen and she kind of exaggerates a bit about 5:2...but it's in German anyway.

stadi-online.ch/PDF/Ausgabe/091214/#20-21

@Flumi. You look absolutely RADIANT!
    Such an inspiration and proves the point that the right kind of stubbornness and adherence is a big factor not only for the losing part, but even more so in maintenance. Good job :D

• Calahonda1984
    Options
    Flumi!!!! I wouldn't recognise you as the same person from your before and after photos - you look stunning! You've worked so hard and I really admire that.

I do love seeing photos - I'm a visual person so seeing is believing for me!

Normal day for me - in the sense that I'm not fasting but I'm sticking to the 16:8 hours. My bloke doesn't get back from work until 8pm most evenings and in Spain everyone tends to have late lunches at around 3pm so he isn't that hungry until around 9pm. I don't want us to eat separately every night so I'm going to do my food window from 2pm - 10pm.

I don't like eating after 8pm really but at the moment I have the choice of a late dinner with my man or an early one on my own - meaning I have to cook twice, and I don't want to do that!

I hear all the time that eating late in the evening is bad, eek! I do stay up until 1 or 2am every morning though so at least I give it a chance to digest before bed.

Hope it's going well for you Tuesday fasters? x

• flumi_f
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    Here I am ;-) The text is really small on a small screen and she kind of exaggerates a bit about 5:2...but it's in German anyway.

stadi-online.ch/PDF/Ausgabe/091214/#20-21

@Flumi. You look absolutely RADIANT!
    Such an inspiration and proves the point that the right kind of stubbornness and adherence is a big factor not only for the losing part, but even more so in maintenance. Good job :D

I'm an Aries, so totally good at being stubborn....or so some have told me ;-)
  • snaps27
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

@snaps. This ! Showing your girl that you're addressing a problem is MUCH more valuable indirect lesson than avoiding the trouble issues altogether. (which I lovingly call ostrich-izing...they hide head in feathers when afraid).

Actions DO speak louder than words.

Yes! you totally make sense. Ostrich-izing...totally got the image of the Loony Toons ostrich saying "they left me all alone" and sticking his head in the sand. Sadly I do this too much...avoiding confrontation, yes and it is fear. I will be an example to my kids, not just talk but action!
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning after yesterday's fast. A little disappointed that scale hasn't gone down some more - but also more motivation to work harder.

I'm at a 36 day streak with MFP. I started with 1200 cals/day and after 3 weeks, reading into 5:2 I decided to switch to that. This is my 3rd week of 5:2 and I've only lost 3.5lbs since the beginning of my journey. How long would you wait before playing with calorie numbers? I'm currently eating 1700 on normal days, thinking about going down to 1600 or 1500.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    An average of one pound a week is about what you can expect on 5:2. If you have alot to lose, maybe a bit more. If the 3.5lb are in 6 weeks, it's still a good loss. Restricting another 500-1000cals/week as you noted, should give you another 1/6-1/3lb per week. Not huge, but not nothin'. I'm assuming you are not very overweight and probably not very tall or inactive. Those would be reasons to decrease your intake a bit on normal days.

I personally am not very happy with 1500, which is why I've been maintaining for 6mth and not losing my last 3kg....5'1'', 45y, 57-58kg, lightly active, TDEE 1600 (before exercise), just for comparisons sake.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    TY @jknight001. I know that she's only 7...that's why it only hurt for a split second. She is a lovely girl and hopefully she will never have the problems with weigh that I have had to suffer with, but if she ever does I know I am here to help her or any of my kids with the 5:2 way of life. They will never have to struggle for years like I have.
    Isn't this the child who said something a few months back? Oh, oh...that's it...time for boarding school.

Actually, that word was getting tossed around my house quite a bit...I didn't want to turn it into a bad word (like my wife and her sisters did with "stupid"), so I just let it slide, ignored it. Eventually it just stopped because it garnered no reaction...words get their power from us.

...or, you could strap a weight jacket on her (~20 lbs should do it), then let her walk around on a Saturday to know what it's like to carry an unwanted load; a lesson in empathy. Of course in the society we now live in this could be considered child abuse...so maybe 15 lbs. >:)

• orlcam
    Options
    I'm an Aries, so totally good at being stubborn....or so some have told me ;-)
    Uh oh...my wife's an aries...I totally want am respectfully impassioned by you right now...

ahem...umm...nice pics!

...since I don't speak german I guess I can't use the excuse "I only read it for the articles."

• flumi_f
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My word for stubborn is being determined and having perseverence.

And another mfp friend was talking about page 3 today, but no, we are not going there, now are we..... :p
  • orlcam
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Sneaking in a fast day today (my husband had loving advised me to only fast once a week...scared about me getting sick). I don't want to derail the progress that I have made so far so I'm fasting today...ssshhh...don't tell anyone ;)

All planned out...

tea with sugar and milk until dinner 60cals
    green beans with chicken tomato soup 480cal

a little over, but I'll take it :o
    I'm tellin'...what's your phone number?

• orlcam
    Options
    My word for stubborn is being determined and having perseverence.

And another mfp friend was talking about page 3 today, but no, we are not going there, now are we..... :p
    Ya see! I didn't even know what that was so I had to go look it up...you're bad...you need a spankin'!

• flumi_f
    Options
    I may be naive, orlcam, but I don't believe everything I read ;-)
  • orlcam
    Options
    I may be naive, orlcam, but I don't believe everything I read ;-)
    I am in the US...like a dufus, when you said "page 3" I went back to your magazine link and turned to page 3 and saw a picture of santa (haha!), I said "wuh?", then I googled it. What a simple man I am...