10 lbs to loose by Valentine -anybody?

Options

Replies

• nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only one from NZ on this thread, where it's 7.40am on the 14th. I suppose I should kick off some reporting.....Start weight 206 pounds, todays weight 90.9kg. Wow, that sounds awesome if you change the measuring to metric half way through.....ok calculator 90.9 x 2.2 = 199.98lb, Wahoo no longer in the 200 club. That's 6 pound lost!!! Sweet!
    ok, time to prepare todays breakfast, lunch and dinner, speaking of which does anyone know how to cut a single tictac evenly in to 3?
  • asilmax
    asilmax Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Starting weight is 145
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    Weighing in at 155. Whoohoo down 5 pounds!!
  • dskarosi
    dskarosi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weighting in at 177.2 this am. Just finished doing Happy Dance - family thinks I'm nuts :)

Have a great day everyone.
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know you guys are doing your first reporting today, but I'd like to join! Getting rid of 10 lbs by Feb 14th would be a great start for me! I joined MFP last Monday and my weight was 156.6. I will weight in tomorrow morning and report back!
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    I weighed in at 166 which is a loss of 2 pounds! Feel like this is a great start. Congratulations to everyone on their fantastic weight loss!!! All the best for the next few weeks. Helen :D
  • jakj00
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in first thing today and I am now at 153!
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah way to go nzmatto, thank you this is very good move. I will send me weigh in on Saturday 16th if that's okay as Saturday is my weigh in day. Please edit my start entry to 163.58 I think I miscalculated when converting the kg to lbs.
  • nzMattO
    Options
    One of the things that always amazes me with things like this is the number of people who sign up, and are all on fire, count me in, I'm doing it, etc....for about as long as it takes to write up the posting. So far only 5 have posted a weigh in out of 24 starters.
    Last year I did a 30 day abs challenge (the one that went viral on facebook. There was a massive number who signed up, less than 10% made it past day 1, and less than 1% finished it. Those who did felt great!
    Anyway weight-loss is a challenge and a journey. don't jump on then fall off at the first hurdle, get on board, see your goal, work hard and see results. It's not about being the one whose lot the most weight, because that means sod all. It means NOTHING! It's about losing weight for yourself, so you feel better, fit better, love better, and live better, longer lives.
    Keep it up people. Valentines is only a month away.
    zojxhz54s3c1.jpg
  • Jeanne41970
    Options
    I'm willing to try although I'm a little late getting started. I'm in for giving it my best shot. I'm at 146. Feel free to add me.
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello my weigh in for dollypno1 17/01/15 is 158.3lbs
  • Katab4
    Katab4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just found the group I desperately need support and accountability!! My starting weight is 110. I'm 5 feet tall and would like to lose close to 10 lbs. Thanks!!
  • Grapejuice2015
    Options
    That is a great idea! What a nice Valentine's gift to give ourselves. I'm currently 186.
  • francineb4
    francineb4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just saw this group after being off MFP for a while. I am joining halfway through, but would be thrilled to lose 8-10 lbs before Valentines's day. I am 46, 5 ft. 1, and nearly 120. Have put on almost 10 lbs in the past year due (I think) to age, stress and Sierra Nevada Torpedo ale.
  • melivist
    melivist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just trying a no sugar, no dairy, no gluten diet that has kickstarted my weightloss. I have been gluten free for a year now. Hope to stick to it by concentrating on what I can eat and discovering new foods. Also going to try to do some Xcountry skiing this week.

Start weight: 146
  • Teener37
    Teener37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Latecomer, but I can do it!

Starting weight: 193
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just joined a challenge to lose 10 by February 20th, so I'll be a week behind you guys! I've lost over 30 since July and I need goals to keep going!
  • dskarosi
    dskarosi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Checking in :-)
    Start weight 183.2
    Current weight 176.6
    this is a tough but worthwhile journey. Stay string and carry on folks.
  • jakj00
    Options
    nzMattO wrote: »
    Last day before weigh in #1. Make it a good one.
    Thanks for doing the tracking for us!!!
  • nzMattO
    Options
    One week till the next check in day. I hope everyone has been working hard and eating little....ok....working out and eating well. :-) I have dropped passed a milestone weight for me once again with yesterday and today both under the 90kg mark (89.7 and 89.9). ~I weight myself every morning.
    For those who aren't exercise bunnies I's like to encourage you to do what you can. Each night after dinner I have been walking for about 30 minutes. When driving places I actively park further away than needed and walk the difference. In just a few weeks I have developed a new healthy habit and the results are showing. Personally I love having a step counter and daily goals with it. This has really changed my willingness to walk as I try to reach every days target.
    Be good to someone today...take them out for a walk with you!