SMART CARBERS (Smart Carbohydrates) and Calorie Counting/LCHF

Options

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Way to plan ahead so that you can eat that yummy cake later.

Weekends can be challenging because I don't have the set routine- more likely to have something extra or indulge when eating out. I was feeling like I really wanted a treat at the grocery store with my son and his friends today, as they were picking out snacks. I know I am vulnerable, so I picked out a perfect avocado and decided to make something yummy with that for dinner. I seriously (!!) do not need to eat the pizza that they are going to have. I really need to pass that up and end this day feeling successful.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    How is everyone doing?? Any challenges coming up this week? Goals?
  • 150ish
    150ish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pretty good. Last week was tough food wise, birthdays, company, that time of the month. Why is when I have that, I want eat everything and have one bite and nope that's not what I want.

My goal again this week is to get to the gym every other day and on the off days do another activity. Walk, swim etc.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    150ish wrote: »
    Pretty good. Last week was tough food wise, birthdays, company, that time of the month. Why is when I have that, I want eat everything and have one bite and nope that's not what I want.

My goal again this week is to get to the gym every other day and on the off days do another activity. Walk, swim etc.

Yep, you know you aren't really "hungry" when that happens.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place for the week with exercise. What about food?

I am going to work out every day: weights, core, bike, or walk. I am back on my "standard" food and cutting out the sugar for a few days.
    am- oatmeal
    snack- protein shake
    lunch- salad with protein (seitan or tofurkey, and almonds)
    snack- protein shake
    dinner- protein and smaller amount of veggies
    any calories left? natural almond butter or similar

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Ok, my weight has been sitting at the same number for a week. Tried different things. Now I am back to no sugar- two days so far. Hope to see something here.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ladies I am back and report a bad weigh in today. I had too much fun time at SFO. So I gained again. But back to serious business. Need all your inspiration. I have a stress test coming in 2 weeks and better get back to shape. Thanks
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Welcome back!! Glad to hear that you had lots of fun. :)
    It is really hard to stay on plan when you are on vacation, so I hope you are not being hard on yourself! Just put that all behind you, and make a plan for now. Finish January feeling strong and powerful!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been missing in action, I ended up getting sick and was in bed for 3 days and yesterday was crazy busy getting caught up at work! It's funny I barely ate anything but my weight was up a bit...stupid age (I'm almost 50!) but I'm not letting it derail me - I need to lose some weight b/4 the summer so I don't feel embarrassed! :o

Have a great day everyone!!
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Sorry I have been missing in action, I ended up getting sick and was in bed for 3 days and yesterday was crazy busy getting caught up at work! It's funny I barely ate anything but my weight was up a bit...stupid age (I'm almost 50!) but I'm not letting it derail me - I need to lose some weight b/4 the summer so I don't feel embarrassed! :o

Have a great day everyone!!

Shame on me as well!! I have to be serious about this healthy life style. Had a few drinks in SFO, had a few desserts, this and that!! ETC!! Excuses excuses!! Today is the day....need to start some where, some how and some what!!! :s
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Glad to have you both back. Sorry you were feeling so crummy Carla. I Hope you are all better soon. What is your plan today Christine?

My hamstring is really hurting, so will have to back off on the biking for a while. Sigh. Have had a few days of very good eating and going to keep it up. As you said, summer is around the corner and I want to look and feel good!
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    Hello Phoebe I started working out as of yesterday getting ready for my stress test scheduled on Feb 16. I am using my stationary bike and plan to do it 5 to 6 days week for an hour. I am also watching my food in take. I am not good with carbs yet, transitioning back to how I was before my trip.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Sorry about your hamstring Phoebe - smart to give biking a break for a bit. When you're ready to start biking again, take it easy the first couple of times and make sure you stretch out your hamstrings first!

Yesterday was a good day for me - walked 4.5 miles and completed day 3 of some quick yoga poses (15 minute session). I've even noticed I'm more flexible then even - YAY! Yesterday's eating was good too - only had a little ice cream for dessert but overall ate very healthy! Now with the weekend coming up I need to be diligent with food as the scale was my friend this morning. I can't record the weight until next week as it's not an "official" weight in :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    Hello Carl...still can't do away with carbs....relapse of bad habits for 8 day travel to (worked at convention 4 days and vacation for 4 days). I didn't do very well. I am determined to work out tonight.

Phoebe and Carl - wish me luck!! Hope I end it today on a happy note.

TGIF have an awesome weekend ladies! <3;)
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Hello Phoebe I started working out as of yesterday getting ready for my stress test scheduled on Feb 16. I am using my stationary bike and plan to do it 5 to 6 days week for an hour. I am also watching my food in take. I am not good with carbs yet, transitioning back to how I was before my trip.

Great plan. You did it before and you can do it again!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »

Yesterday was a good day for me - walked 4.5 miles and completed day 3 of some quick yoga poses (15 minute session). I've even noticed I'm more flexible then even - YAY! Yesterday's eating was good too - only had a little ice cream for dessert but overall ate very healthy! Now with the weekend coming up I need to be diligent with food as the scale was my friend this morning. I can't record the weight until next week as it's not an "official" weight in :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hey, that is great. :D It really helps to keep going when you can see positive results. Hooray!

(the hamstring issue is a long-term problem that has taken me out of running for quite a while... had multiple procedures on it. Was hoping that biking wouldn't be as stressful on it. Back to the drawing board. I won't give up!)
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    Good morning ladies. . still struggling with my food intake. I am so ashamed of myself and if I record my weight it :s:'( will be an UP.....

I am happy to let you know that I have been working out daily....but needs a lot of improvement on the food intake. I will keep you guys posted.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Christine, I know that I feel like you do when things don't go as I want with my eating. I don't want to post a big weight gain. Sometimes I get less connected or just quit posting all together. That is the exact opposite of what helps though (for me anyway). Part of learning on this weight loss journey is how to deal with the ups and downs because they will be there. This is lifelong, right?

You have taken some great steps I think- checking in, working out, acknowledging that things didn't go as you had wished. You are still on the journey and pointed the right direction. You can do this, girl!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Good morning ladies. . still struggling with my food intake. I am so ashamed of myself and if I record my weight it :s:'( will be an UP.....

I am happy to let you know that I have been working out daily....but needs a lot of improvement on the food intake. I will keep you guys posted.

It's ok Christine - record your weight and move forward. We're only human, just try to do your best for yourself! It's hard to get back in the groove after vacation, but I know you can do it!

• carlsoda
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday (and groundhog day to boot!) Had a fairly good weekend, a little sloppy on the eating but over all, not to too bad. We did eat out yesterday so today I'm going to drink lots of water to flush my system and I'll get on the scale tomorrow and record my weight. Sorry for forgetting again - life is just TOO busy!!

This is my last week in my 40's! So far I'm ok about it, but I did receive a letter from AARP late last week to join. I was not impressed - sure just rub it in my face. Guess who is not joining AARP!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    Hello ladies - Weight Watchers at work will start next Tuesday, deciding if I will organize a biggest loser competition within that group. Any suggestions.

Still trying to get myself back... struggling.