Share Your NSV Today

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Haislip93 - That is impressive! Congratulations on a more comfortable fit!!! Since I know the seat didn't get any bigger, your bottom must be shaping up nicely. Go you! :D
  • itZqueboo
    Options
    Hi Guys! Well my NSV is very small. I've been having this youtube video of basic aerobics in my watch list. And, what do you know? I actually watched it today and joined in.

Thank you ladies for sharing.. you have no idea how you guys inspire me!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day was accepting my weight as it is. In my mind I think being 5'2" and in the 150 range is still too heavy but when a sales person ask you if you are a size 2 or a 4 and I really don't want to get any smaller it is time to accept what it is and go from there.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    I like that you all are still posting NSVs. I'm inspired. Today I was called a "slim goody" by one of my coworkers that hasn't seen me in a bit.

itZqueboo - So very proud of you for joining in the basic aerobics!!! That's awesome! I use YouTube quite often for my workouts when I can't go outside or don't feel like driving to the gym. I'm a big fan of Jessica Smith TV. She has some great workouts for all fitness levels.
    Adc7225- Congrats on acceptance! It's not about the number on the scale anyway. As long as you're eating healthy the majority of the time, exercising regularly, and feeling good about how you look, that's what's important. Besides, if sales people are asking if you're a size 2 or 4, you must look great!
  • Adc7225
    Options
    This happened yesterday - but is huge for me. I decided to walk from work to the grocery store (about 4 miles) which happens to be next to See's Candies - my normal thought is well since I have been walking I deserve some candy. Well this time, though I planned on getting 3 pieces I remembered the last time I had some I just ate it but didn't really enjoy it. I know that unless I am craving chocolate I am not a big fan so I passed.

Thanks Laughter_Girl - I am trying, I think it's a never-ending up hill battle between acceptance and maintaining.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started a 31-day challenge on iFit.com to run a mile every day in January 2015 on my treadmill. My NSV is I completed days 5 through 7 with the flu. I just went back to work today and plan on completing day 8 run this evening (even though I still feel like crap run over). Then I am going to bed. :-)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    NSV today: I went to the gym planning to attend a class, but I missed it. I started to just do cardio (so much easier to me) and leave, but I remembered something I was told earlier in the week (Cardio burns calories for just that day, but doing strength burns calories for a couple of days.) and decided to do a quick cardio a warm-up and proceeded to do some strength training.

Adc7225 - Congratulations on walking to the grocery store AND passing on the chocolate!!! That's two NSV's wrapped up in one.
    -SassyBMT - My hat is off to you. Way to go with workout while sick!!! Feel better soon.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! My NSV today is that I went to the gym after having a rest day. It snowed early this morning, and it was tempting to stay in the house. But I didn't. I went, and I feel accomplished.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It snowed overnight, my mother parked her car behind mine, blocking me in, and took a taxi to work. Problem? She took her car keys with her so I am completely car-less and couldn't go to my gym and take my favorite class!

NSV: I hopped on the treadmill. I haven't used that thing in years! I didn't walk for too long but I did something! Then afterwards, I took doggie for a walk outside, yes in the snow!

Hard work and dedication!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Well, awesome work Baldielove 13 & Erihppas!! Both of you pushed it today to get the workout in, and that is awesome. Like the two of you, I had to push it today as well to get my exercise done, but I'm glad I did.

NSV: A lady told me today that my skin looks great and my body looks toned. Best compliment to date. Why, you might ask? Well, when I started my weight loss journey, my goal was to look toned/fit. I didn't have a goal weight or clothing size I wanted to achieve, but I simply wanted to be healthy and look fit. Someone telling me I look toned means I'm reaching my goal. :D
  • Adc7225
    Options
    I've been trying to lower my time doing 10 miles on the stationary bike and today I did by almost 5 minutes - 35 min, 10 miles at level 10 on random setting.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Great NSV Adc7225!!! Sounds like you were fast and furious!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    NSV today: I did not skip or modify the jumping jacks today during my workout, and I HATE jumping jacks.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    NSV today - went to the gym to do my HIIT workout on the elliptical and within the first 8 minutes I was dripping sweat from having not 1 but 2 hot flashes . . . but I made it through the whole 30 minutes even at the increased resistance.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    Options
    Since starting my journey (Oct 2013), I have lost 36 pounds, gained back 5. I have been comfortably wearing size 14 pants and skirts since May 2014. NSV for today: I rushed to get dressed for work and was able to jump in and zip up my size 12 skirt. YEAH ME!! I'm at work wearing it well and thank goodness because it is a busy 'hair-on-fire' day. I have been fast walking all over the hospital retrieving people and things for my boss's presentation that he is putting on in the Auditorium (which happens to be on the opposite side of the hospital from my office). I guess I unintentionally got my work out in today. :smiley:
  • DRL100281
    DRL100281 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group.
    For the past few months I've been avoiding walking on my treadmill because I usually get winded or sore.
    Today my nsv is walking on my treadmill for a mile and half without getting winded or sore. :D
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    Options
    Go Girl, DRL!! You are too fabulous to go down in flames. The hardest part is the FIRST step and you managed that, nothing can stop you.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Hats off to SassyBMT & DRL!!! Both of you had awesome NSV's. Woohoo!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    NSV - I was window shopping today and tried on a size 8 dress that fit perfectly. I don't remember ever wearing that size in my adult life. :'(
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Laughter_Girl isn't that a great feeling! Congrats. It's always hard for me to actually try on a smaller size but it feels so great when you do and it fits?