Calorie Counting & Intense Fitness Group

Options

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lori. I appreciate that very much.

I don't know of any yoga videos you could try. Sorry. Maybe one day I will try it out though.
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rockstar53 wrote: »
    Morning all,

SweeteeBri, I am really sorry to hear about your Dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am wondering if anyone uses yoga videos from web they could recommend. I am looking for a basic beginner yoga routine to help with my very limited flexibility!

I don't know any good yoga routines online. But, if you have access to DVDs at your local library, I recommend Rodney Yee. Let me know if you want more info. He has some on Netflix, too.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love yoga.. Let's see a couple of good free ones are

Do Yoga With me
    http://www.doyogawithme.com
    Grokker
    http://grokker.com/yoga

The paid ones i use are
    My Yoga Works
    https://www.myyogaworks.com

and an app for my iPad
    Yoga Studio
    http://yogastudioapp.com
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Your team is pretty strong and all are active. Do you want to have a motivator or leader? Send me a private message and I will add you as a leader. The first 2 that replies will be added. Thanks
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Before I saw the responses I tried a 40 min video by Yoga with Adrienne. Was good. I suck at it (lol!) but am willing to try it again…maybe using one that was suggested. I decided to keep exercising, so I looked for a Zumba video. Found one called Latin Spice, but it was more of a walking/low impact type workout. It was perfect as I have a lovely chest cold. Anyway, managed to do more than I thought I would today, so I am happy!

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Before I saw the responses I tried a 40 min video by Yoga with Adrienne. Was good. I suck at it (lol!) but am willing to try it again…maybe using one that was suggested. I decided to keep exercising, so I looked for a Zumba video. Found one called Latin Spice, but it was more of a walking/low impact type workout. It was perfect as I have a lovely chest cold. Anyway, managed to do more than I thought I would today, so I am happy!
    That's great Lori. Sweat that cold right out of your chest :smiley: Great job with your workouts.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Thanks Christine!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Wow!! I decided to change it up a bit tonight and use my exercise bike instead of the elliptical. I did 90 mins and my legs felt like jello when I got of the bike. :D It felt great though!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Great job logging your exercise minutes into the spreadsheet ladies. Let's keep it going!! We can win this week's challenge.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    How we doing ladies?

Is anyone following a particular meal plan and/or workout system? I'm starting Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire tomorrow. For the next 4 weeks, I will be eating and sleeping Turbo Fire!! :) It has a lot of HIIT (high intensity interval) workouts. Anyone is more than welcome to join me!!

I have to do better with counting my calories and getting a meal plan that works for me and not against me. I have such a sweet tooth. Has anyone tried Shakeology or smoothies?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Turbo Fire week 1 day 1...done!!

It was only a 30 min workout so I also did 20 mins of Shadow Boxer. Both were fantastic workouts!!
  • vanessa40
    Options
    Girl i am with you on the sweet tooth. It's my downfall. I have tried one of the Shakeology smoothies. I got a few for free. This is just my opinion by they didn't taste any better or keep me fuller than any other protein powders. I can't believe how much they cost..

I just eat low carb and around 1500 calories a day. I run,lift heavy 3x a week and i am doing a 30 day challenge from Betty Rocker
  • vanessa40
    Options
    Today i ran 3.30 miles,lifted for 35 minutes and did 30 minutes yoga
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Vanessa, I've read reviews on Shakeology. Others say the same thing you said. I got samples so decided I will try them. You are right!!! They are ridiculously expensive.

How heavy do you lift? I said I'm gonna incorporate my dumbbells into my workout routines. I hear that's the way to go :)

Btw...great workout today!!
  • vanessa40
    Options
    Hi Sweet.. Not too heavy really..my dumbbells are 20# and since i workout at home and have to lift the barbell over my head i don't go heavier than 45# for plie squats or things like that..it's heavy for me...lol
    I started doing some body weight routines by Betty Rocker..she can be a little overly happy sometimes but her exercises are kick butt.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Lol...I can't get through a routine with my 10# dumbbells let alone 20# :smiley: I guess I have to work my way up to it. I'm gonna have to check out Betty Rocker. Thanks for the tip.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Turbo Fire week 1 day 2...done!!

-HIIT 15
    -Stretch 10
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Let's push it ladies. We have weigh in this Sunday. :)
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been out of commission for the past cple days. Going back to work today, but probably not able to get in a workout. Plan is for tomorrow morning. I said it…so now I have to do it. :)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been out of commission for the past cple days. Going back to work today, but probably not able to get in a workout. Plan is for tomorrow morning. I said it…so now I have to do it. :)

Lol. Have a great day at work!! You can do this!!