Week 1, Day 1!

Options
2»

Replies

• mysweetsurrender
    mysweetsurrender Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    miriams76 wrote: »
    Following the meal plans exactly would be fantastic if you had a) a personal chef to shop and cook for you or you had a spare four hours each day to devote to it and b) enough space in your fridge/cupboards to store the multitude of ingredients you will need to cook each recipe at roughly fortnightly intervals (pretty much guaranteeing that some of the key items would have gone off in the meantime).

Still I'm concerned there will be this niggling thought at the end of the program of "what if I could have gotten even better results if I had followed the meal plan to the letter" :#

This is so true. The hard part would be cooking this for a family of four. My family can sometimes be very picky and I would be making adjustments for everyone. And that's an added expense I could do with out.

I also agree with the "could I have gotten better results if I followed the meal plan" guess that's one question for me that will never be answered.
  • RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    miriams76 wrote: »
    Following the meal plans exactly would be fantastic if you had a) a personal chef to shop and cook for you or you had a spare four hours each day to devote to it and b) enough space in your fridge/cupboards to store the multitude of ingredients you will need to cook each recipe at roughly fortnightly intervals (pretty much guaranteeing that some of the key items would have gone off in the meantime).

Still I'm concerned there will be this niggling thought at the end of the program of "what if I could have gotten even better results if I had followed the meal plan to the letter" :#

This is so true. The hard part would be cooking this for a family of four. My family can sometimes be very picky and I would be making adjustments for everyone. And that's an added expense I could do with out.

I also agree with the "could I have gotten better results if I followed the meal plan" guess that's one question for me that will never be answered.

following her meal plan is tough! i don't have time to go hunt down the ingredients and cook them. don't worry about doing her recipes. i would just try to stick to the 1200 calorie budget though if you are female, and 1800 calorie budget if you are male. eat healthy and eat at least 1200 cals a day, break it up into 3-4 meals, and that would be like following her plan except doing it your way (which is of course is more sustainable in the long run). you should get the same results as following her plan because weight loss is more about diet control then anything. just make sure you are eating healthy though. i think we all know the good stuff vs. the bad stuff by now, so you should be fine, good luck
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just started today with this workout and joined the group. I intended to start yesterday, but unexpectedly ended up doing an airport pickup for a friend. I'm on track now though. Abs were killer for me - I almost think I should be doing this workout in the morning and maybe some more abs at night if that will help.

It's good to be back in a group on MFP!
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 done!
  • faburizu
    faburizu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This my second time doing Workout 1, but my first time doing it "officially" on the books counting toward my 90 days, lol.

I had to stop during the bicycle crunches and some of the weight exercises, but I figure the weight exercises are because I was using 5lb dumbbells with a rod in the middle that definitely doesn't weigh nothing. I need to get my hand on like 3 or regular 5 dumbbells.

I struggled a little bit also with the push-ups at the beginning - I always have to stop, and the plank. Ouch. I need to work on my balance with the one-leg-standy things. I realized if I stare at one area on the wall, it becomes a lot easier for me. I was able to do a whole set without putting my leg down after I discovered that little trick!