January 2015 Miles tracking

mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Looking for motivation to move in January 2015? Set a miles goal and get moving! Anything counts. Add yourself to the spreadsheet and away we go!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AOH8C1B1Vgk0nuEX68-HvT1uHd9aWNDuXe4GAlCd7sM/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    My goal for 2015 is to do 1200 miles of intentional exercise (walking, running, biking, elliptical, swimming etc.) So my goal will be 100 miles for the month and will change as I miss/hit my goal. I completely gave up in December so I definitely have my work cut out for me. I am starting a training plan for a half marathon which will help me stay on track with some mileage.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    My goal for 2015 is now set at 800 miles. I'm going to try and average at least 65 miles each month. So far in 2015 I'm registered for a 10K (Feb. 14), and 3 Half-marathons (Mar. 14, Apr. 18, & Jun. 13.) I'm hopeful that I can surpass 800 miles :-)
  • mamarundrc
    I was thinking I should aim a little lower but I would like to try and do a triathalon this year which would add in a lot of biking miles which can add up quick.
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    My 2015 running miles hoal is 720km. An average of 60km per month :)
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    I've set myself the goal of walking 100miles in January, thinking maybe in February I may try the C25K again, but see how January goes first :D
  • mamarundrc
    Strong start to the month and year! I am at 13.1 miles in my first 3 workouts.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Just ran 4.1 miles. Longest run of the year so far, and warmest. 30°F. Heat wave
  • mamarundrc
    jemsurf wrote: »
    Just ran 4.1 miles. Longest run of the year so far, and warmest. 30°F. Heat wave

I have not had a chance to run outside yet this year. Tomorrow I am hoping the sidewalks are clear enough to run during lunch, Otherwise it will be 3+ on the treadmill.
  • HatherM
    Had my first day back in work today after the holidays, not done much walking, so off for a walk soon. Been stuck at my desk filling in spread sheets today *Yawn* boring!
    Going to try to get more movement into my day tomorrow
    How's everyone else getting on?
  • mamarundrc
    5 days in and I have knocked off a solid 18 miles. It definitely pick an ambitious goal for this year. My co-worker came back from leave today and made me walk in the bitter cold. I think it is a good thing. My job is very boring, staring at paperwork and my computer all day so it is definitely nice to get out (eventhough it is FREEZING out!).
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    I'm in. I've ran outside while my gym was closed for the holidays. I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed it in spite of being cold.
  • mamarundrc
    neurex wrote: »
    I'm in. I've ran outside while my gym was closed for the holidays. I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed it in spite of being cold.

I don't mind running in the cold most of the time but when the wind chill is near or below 0 it is definitely below my threshold. I will run in the teens and 20s with no wind.
  • HatherM
    Well I made good on my promise... Today I took a detour on the way to work adding another 10mins onto the journey & managed a 15min walk at lunch time. It all helps!
    tomorrow is a uni day, so that's a 20min walk both ways :smile:
  • mamarundrc
    Today was a strength day but i did a cardio warm up and cool down on the bike for some miles.
  • HatherM
    I've figured that I really need a rest day, so this will be a Sunday as I can then use that time to do some uni work whilst my partner is out doing his archery, so instead of missing out on my 70k steps for the week, I will try to go over every day so that it balances out!
    I have to remember a bit of self care is needed & I will do myself no favours by not having the rest days, even though I find that difficult sometimes!
  • mamarundrc
    HatherM wrote: »
    I've figured that I really need a rest day, so this will be a Sunday as I can then use that time to do some uni work whilst my partner is out doing his archery, so instead of missing out on my 70k steps for the week, I will try to go over every day so that it balances out!
    I have to remember a bit of self care is needed & I will do myself no favours by not having the rest days, even though I find that difficult sometimes!

Rest days are definitely important. I take one or two active rest days a week. 1 day is usually Yoga. The other day I will go on walks but nothing more than a mile or two of slow pace/moderate pace.
  • HatherM
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    HatherM wrote: »

Rest days are definitely important. I take one or two active rest days a week. 1 day is usually Yoga. The other day I will go on walks but nothing more than a mile or two of slow pace/moderate pace.

Yes I want to get at least one session of yoga in a week, it's so good, I love it, so must make the time for it!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have been wanting to run 15 miles in a week and I've accomplished that for the first time this week (on treadmill), with the encouragement of this competition!
  • HatherM
    neurex wrote: »
    I have been wanting to run 15 miles in a week and I've accomplished that for the first time this week (on treadmill), with the encouragement of this competition!

Good work! :smiley:
    I'm glad you're finding this group useful
  • mamarundrc
    Rest day for me today. It was snowing so I didn't get even a walk in which is probably good for my body. Tomorrow is a killer workout that is going to include a lot of running, sprint drills and who knows what else. Sunday is my long run, shooting for 5+ miles.