January 2015 Miles tracking

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    neurex wrote: »
    I have been wanting to run 15 miles in a week and I've accomplished that for the first time this week (on treadmill), with the encouragement of this competition!

I am glad this is helping motivate you! I am definitely more motivated to move with the help of this group.
  • mamarundrc
    My "non run" workout this morning ended up being 3.64 miles of running, shuffles, weighted jogs and walks (with 35 lbs). I hope my legs are okay for tomorrows scheduled log run.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    I haven't ran since Tuesday. I'm headed out now for a few miles to catch up :-)
  • jemsurf
    8.07 miles in the book for today. Ran 4 miles then grabbed the hubby and walked 4 miles. Needed to catch up because I missed Thursday's run.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    jemsurf wrote: »
    8.07 miles in the book for today. Ran 4 miles then grabbed the hubby and walked 4 miles. Needed to catch up because I missed Thursday's run.

Good work :D
  • jemsurf
    Not even 20 seconds into my run today and slipped on ice from the foggy conditions. Crash landed on my side, hip, and arm. Stood up, brushed off the ice, looked around to make sure no one saw the epic fail, and continued on my way. Chuckled at myself and treaded lightly for the rest of my run. This story is ironic because right before I left, my husband says to me to be very careful because it's slick out there. He knows how clumsy I can be, lol. Managed a little over 3.2 miles. Man, I'm anxious for spring!!!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Not even 20 seconds into my run today and slipped on ice from the foggy conditions. Crash landed on my side, hip, and arm. Stood up, brushed off the ice, looked around to make sure no one saw the epic fail, and continued on my way. Chuckled at myself and treaded lightly for the rest of my run. This story is ironic because right before I left, my husband says to me to be very careful because it's slick out there. He knows how clumsy I can be, lol. Managed a little over 3.2 miles. Man, I'm anxious for spring!!!!!

I am glad you didn't get seriously hurt. That was my biggest concern all day yesterday when I was running outside. I am so glad it is supposed to warm up here later this week (at least at or above freezing).
  • HatherM

Wow well done you. I hope you're not hurt too badly x
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member

Glad you didn't get hurt, and even better that you finished your run :smile:

Now that my trainer has arrived, it's time for me to get busy. I signed up for a class at REI next month so that I can ease my way back into running. I haven't run much since high school, and most of that was on a basketball court.
  • mamarundrc
    Opted for a jaunt on the elliptical over the treadmill. My shins are killing me from Saturdays work out and Sundays run on the cold pavement. I am a little behind my pace for this month (2 miles or so). I would say that it will be easy to make up but the way my training plan is structure, it isn't necessary a given unless I go off plan. We will see.
  • HatherM
    Today has been a tough day. I got my 4 miles in (10K steps) but it was not easy! My body feels tired & like I'm coming down with something, but I hope I'm not!
    I hope everyone else is having a healthy & active day x
  • mamarundrc
    I got a walk and a run in today, total of 4.8 miles. Made up a few miles to catch up to my "pace"
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    I have kilometers to add to the spreadsheet but I am unable to from my phone. Aa soon as I am near a computer I will add in my kilometers.
  • HatherM
    After a cold evening walk today, I'm now only 8miles away from hitting the goal of 100 miles for January :smiley:
    I'm so happy that I will actually meet this goal, as I've never managed it before!
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2015
    Well now that I have access to the computer I can mark of my miles. My goals for mile tracking for 2015 is centered around the vivofit I received for Christmas. In Canada we go by kilometers so my numbers may seem weird as I am converting them to miles. My goal is to walk at least 5K/3.16m according to my vivofit step tracker. I also have a goal to run a minimum of 3 days a week with no less than 4k on average so 2.5m.

Don't mind my analness ( not sure if that is even a word) but this is how I have it figured.

January- 187k/116.875m
    February- 188k/117.50m
    March- 207k-127.375m
    April- 202k/126.25m
    May- 207k/129.375m
    June- 202k/126.25m
    July- 207k/129.375m
    August- 207k/129.375m
    September- 202k/126.25m
    October- 211k/131.875m
    November-198k/123.75m
    December- 211k/131.875m

Total for 2015- 2239 Kilometers or 1399.375 miles
    (personal not for myself 1685 Km/1053.125m is walking vivofit steps for the year and 604km/377.5m is running.
  • HatherM
    Wow @Steffie782000‌ there's some great goals :smile:
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    I just updated my running info. It took me a while to figure out that 1/16 was on the next tab :-). I put my remaining miles from the first tab for my miles goal for the second. I wasn't sure about the best way to do that.

@HatherM your log is really impressive!
  • HatherM
    @neurex‌ Thanks, my body is starting to feel it now though :smile:
  • mamarundrc
    neurex wrote: »
    I just updated my running info. It took me a while to figure out that 1/16 was on the next tab :-). I put my remaining miles from the first tab for my miles goal for the second. I wasn't sure about the best way to do that.

@HatherM your log is really impressive!

I fixed the spreadsheet so that the calculation from the first page carry over to the second page so now it shows right with your month goal in the box. It must not have carried over from previous months when we had less participants.
  • mamarundrc
    Managed to get a short lunch walk today. My co-worker and I are going to look to extend our walk from 1.5 miles to 2 miles which will get me a little bit extra on walking days. My plan for this weekend is to hopefully get 4+ in my workout tomorrow and 5+ in my "long" run on Sunday. That would help me make up for my deficit. I also found out that my race next weekend (sunday) is 6+ miles obstacle course which will help me add some miles (was supposed to originally be a 5k but the race director is crazy...in a good way).