stomach Fat

Options
How to lose stomach Fat

Replies

• airicaz
    airicaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that avoiding carbs such as bread, pasta and potatoes really helps rid belly fat. Stop eating them and you will notice that belly slowly start to flatten. But you must still do core exercises to tone up.
  • pragatipatel
    pragatipatel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well that is my problem too. I am doing crunches on every alternate day to deal with it.
    I think a combination of cardio as well as muscle strengthening exercises really helps.
  • darlenehleonard
    darlenehleonard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my guess is alcohol is my biggest enemy for belly fat, so I'm trying to eliminate (or only have once a week)
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me too darlenehelonard. Booze (especially hard liquor) and anything with sugar in it. I suspect even some of the sugar substitutes have the same impact on me. :-(
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know that you cannot get rid of fat in one particular body area... But I have lost inches with Jillian Michales' workouts... You strengthen your abs while doing a cardio workout - at the beginning I thought this is just another waste of time but the day after my abs hurt like hell and I continued doing these training.. After a month I have lost enough abdominal girth that I had to buy new trousers for sure :smile:
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love the "Standing Abs" workout. It's a nice easy one to use at the hotel when you don't really want to get down on the floor. ;-) I've heard the 30 Minute Shred is pretty awesome too.
    desika8787 wrote: »
    I know that you cannot get rid of fat in one particular body area... But I have lost inches with Jillian Michales' workouts... You strengthen your abs while doing a cardio workout - at the beginning I thought this is just another waste of time but the day after my abs hurt like hell and I continued doing these training.. After a month I have lost enough abdominal girth that I had to buy new trousers for sure :smile:

• desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mkozmik wrote: »
    I love the "Standing Abs" workout. It's a nice easy one to use at the hotel when you don't really want to get down on the floor. ;-) I've heard the 30 Minute Shred is pretty awesome too.
    desika8787 wrote: »

I've got both DVDs: the 30d Shred and the No more Trouble Zones... And a lot of the exercises are the same, just combined in different ways... For "beginners" I recommend the 2nd one because the 30d Shred is hard but awesome. And I agree a 100%! The "Standing Abs workout" is wonderful because you can do it everywhere because I don't like to get on "dirty" floors neither... :smile:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit and find an exercise you enjoy. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately.
  • FaitheSoler
    FaitheSoler Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit and find an exercise you enjoy. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately.

This is what I do, but I also work extra hard in muscle building in the stomach so I do not get that shaggy stomach look..
  • basketbaby_82
    Options
    I have cut alcohol out of my life completely and I have noticed a big difference in belly fat reduction...
  • sherylpope
    Options
    I'm on week one of getting in shape and it's tough. I will check out some of these work outs and see what happens.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My friend always says abs are made in the kitchen. You can crunch, plank and twist all you want, a healthy diet of fresh foods, protein, limited grains and dairy are what he recommends.
  • Emmyleen
    Options
    airicaz wrote: »
    I find that avoiding carbs such as bread, pasta and potatoes really helps rid belly fat. Stop eating them and you will notice that belly slowly start to flatten. But you must still do core exercises to tone up.

• Emmyleen
    Options
    Great advise ...starting everything tomorrow!
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You need carbs to give you lots of energy, if you cut them too much you will not be able to train as hard. Also you can't spot reduce, cut calories and train several times a week and it will happen, your stomach will shrink.
  • kaylatomlinson73
    Options
    I know how to get rid of my belly fat (it's just hard for me because of my love for food) but really it's 80% in your diet and 20% in working out !Try to cut out all bad sugar, all soda, all alcohol, and eat foods high in fiber like oatmeal and veggies! Also I find that light activia yogurt really helps my bloat because of the probiotics! And planks are among the best of ab exercises ! Just some random info I ve learned on my journey to being fit, hope it helps :)
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    Unfortunately, age has something to do with belly fat. I hate to admit it, but I'm so active and so healthy but I have been struggling with 5 lbs for the last year!!! Not getting easy.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How to lose stomach Fat

I found not sitting too long is one of the ways to lose stomach fat. Exercising and cutting off sugar and fat are also important.

I hope it helps u.
  • sincerity33
    sincerity33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How to lose stomach Fat

30 seconds all out sprinting on a bike x10 reps each day does the trick :)