stomach Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• cjbrdh
    cjbrdh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Simple... no carbs. If you are over the age of 45 they are the biggest culprit and go directly to my waistline. When I'm trying to lose the 3-4 lbs I pack on during holidays and vacations I eat a very high protein diet and no carbs. If you are going to have a cocktail go for vodka because it has no carbs. BTW I am 5'0" so 3-4 lbs on me is not getting into my jeans!
  • csillers13
    csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Treadmill INCLINE! I swear by this now! I've started "power" walking at a high incline (ending at as high as the treadmill will go) for 30 minutes after I lift weights, 4 days a week and my stomach is shrinking, my thighs are shrinking, my butt is lifting. Its been a little over a month since i've added the incline and I am floored at difference that one small change has made!
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    How to lose stomach Fat

I found not sitting too long is one of the ways to lose stomach fat. Exercising and cutting off sugar and fat are also important.

I hope it helps u.

Cardio is the answer! With diet that avoids white sugar.
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    csillers13 wrote: »
    Treadmill INCLINE! I swear by this now! I've started "power" walking at a high incline (ending at as high as the treadmill will go) for 30 minutes after I lift weights, 4 days a week and my stomach is shrinking, my thighs are shrinking, my butt is lifting. Its been a little over a month since i've added the incline and I am floored at difference that one small change has made!

Totally agree! In line make so much difference in your workout!!
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    csillers13 wrote: »

Totally agree! Incline make so much difference in your workout!!

• sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Having done this way too many times......I think its really your personal weight gain and loss body pattern (does change with age). I find the last place it comes off to the degree I want is the abs. The ab workouts affect the muscle that is below the layer of fat that is the issue. All the advise here is great for getting the weight off and getting in shape. Belly fat comes off as the weight comes off for me at least.
  • neotericisis
    neotericisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Belly fat comes off as the weight comes off for me at least.

Sharebear, unfortunately for us this is the case for everyone. As much as I wish I could just spot lose, we all have to lose weight in general, even from places we like it. You are living proof of that.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    There was a study that showed people on the same # of calories, the group that ate fewer carbs lost more belly fat than the other group, it wasn't drastic, I think it was 30% carb. Keeping protein high tends to help too. This is really my trouble spot too. So discouraging sometimes!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I've found out that I have some food intolerances. Omitting those had a profound effect. Also since then I've had to change my diet to eat cleaner. Lots of veggies and low carb, with regular exercise.
  • vecchi
    vecchi Posts: 23
    Options
    Some really good points here