Let's GO!

Options

Replies

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I like speed 1.0 best, but still struggle with the end! I nailed it until min 5-3, then I fell apart!
  • adub1975
    adub1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first time with T25. I'm on my first week. I've done Jillian Michaels 90 day body revolution twice, but wanted to switch it up this year. So far the total body circuit was the worst! I had to follow Tanya through most of the workout. Ab Intervals weren't too bad. Not looking forward to doubling up tomorrow. Please tell me this gets easier the second week...
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I did Lower Focus today (week 4 day 4), and s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e with those darn calf hops. Its like my body is saying "Are you seriously thinking we are going to lift this heavy body up with a calf hop? You've got to be joking?!"...so I do the modified version, the rest I'm pushing myself on this week.
  • Monnix39
    Monnix39 Posts: 127
    Options
    Speed complete! Another workout where I followed the others more than the modifier...and I think I am seeing some leg definition :blush:
  • hawksvixxen
    hawksvixxen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Planks and those whole shoulder taps? Oy vey! I feel ya! I had to do wall pushups this morning (wrist was killing me so that didn't help)

Oh wall pushups! Good idea. Whoever decided that on your knees pushup was the easiest level has obviously never seen my level of fitness. :wink:

:) Wall pushups and you can do the spider pushups against the wall too - planking? not so much. LOL

I NAILED Speed 1.0 today - not sure what happened but BAM! Tomorrow is a whole other story.

BrendSherwood - You got this! :)

skinny4me2be and monnix39 - it's not how we start, it's how we finish (oh and that we actually started to begin with!!!) - lapping everyone sitting on the couch, right?

rachelsentinal - welcome to the T25 party!
  • BrendSherwood
    BrendSherwood Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello again Cardio. I'm glad this is the last week in Alpha where I see you twice. :smile: My lack of coordination definitely hurts during the Speed & Agility sections, but what I lack in grace I make up for in flapping!

Anyone else noticing any hints of definition in their torso? My gut definitely seems to be getting marginally more compact at the sides (funny how that coincided with me saying knackers to the nutrition plan and bumping my calories up to 2000-2100 a day... 1600?! My BMR is over 1800 for crying out loud!)
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Hello again Cardio. I'm glad this is the last week in Alpha where I see you twice. :smile: My lack of coordination definitely hurts during the Speed & Agility sections, but what I lack in grace I make up for in flapping!

Anyone else noticing any hints of definition in their torso? My gut definitely seems to be getting marginally more compact at the sides (funny how that coincided with me saying knackers to the nutrition plan and bumping my calories up to 2000-2100 a day... 1600?! My BMR is over 1800 for crying out loud!)

I was eating there recommended 1600 calories for the first month I did this and I gained weight! My BMR is close to 1600! Once I ate 1850-2000 I felt better and started losing too!

I would do cardio over total body circuit any day! One week left of alpha and I have to do TBC 3x next week!!gonna really push myself to not do modified moves!!!
  • rachelsentinel
    rachelsentinel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today was my first Total Body Circuit. My first thought was, "Oh, this isn't so bad." My next thought was, "I think it's going to be that bad." My following thought was, "@#*$@!!#%!"
    I did get through it, though. Dang! Y'all weren't kidding!
  • Monnix39
    Options
    ..wait...is there really 3 cardio components next week?! And how would I figure out how much I should be eating? Anyway, Cardio was ok today...and yes...definition is certainly happening :) We rock!
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Monnix39 - I used the "Harris-Benedict" equation (see: http://sweetlifefitness.net/calorie-deficit-for-weight-loss/ ) although there seems to be alternatives depending on BMI/what the weather's doing/what colour your car is. Not the most exciting sums, but from changing my calorie intake I feel much better and have more energy for the whole day, as opposed to just the workout.

At the end of the day though, it boils down to what works for you as an individual. If 1600 kcal works, awesome! If you're lacking energy or hit a plateau, I'd say it's worth getting the calculator out.

Really looking forward to Lower Focus later on - really am hoping that by the end of T25 my scrawny sparrow legs are a bit more in proportion to the rest of me!
  • Monnix39
    Options
    Farewell Week Two!! Doing the ab work after lower focus was a little challenging for me, but I got it done. I was excited to see tangible results (i.e. scale, measurements) so this adds more motivation to keep on keeping on! You guys are great! :)

By the way, does anyone use the "Shakeology" supplement?
  • hawksvixxen
    hawksvixxen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Monnix39 - I do Shakeology but only because I have it on hand - I don't do it every day though.

As to my eating, more than a year ago (I think) I did the Insanity program - I liked their eating program so that's what I do. It's eating every three hours, and my personal figures (they have a formula) give me 1800 calories per day clean eating, but I don't eat that much. I have been doing 300 calorie meals every three hours.
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Today was my first Total Body Circuit. My first thought was, "Oh, this isn't so bad." My next thought was, "I think it's going to be that bad." My following thought was, "@#*$@!!#%!"
    I did get through it, though. Dang! Y'all weren't kidding!

OMG!! That made me chuckle! Holy Moly I hear ya!! Its tuff but keep at it!! :-)

@Monnix39, I do not use the Shakeology supplement. Calories, if your losing, your fine, but if not then you'll have to adjust your intake up or down... I'm not doing double work outs on Fridays, one more left for Saturday, and then one more week of ALPHA whoo hoo, then on to BETA--LOVE BETA so much more!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Did the double workout today back to back! I was really sweaty by the time I was done! But, glad to have done it in the morning.

I have been using shakeology, but not everyday. I think it tastes a lot better than the protein powder that I was doing, but it is expensive! I really like it with almond milk and almond butter!

Looking forward to checking in tomorrow.
  • nicolhelen
    nicolhelen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1600 calories a day too low for me. I worked out bmr and calorie need (using the insanity nutrition plan calculations too) and my calorie need is 2300 so eating 1900 to get a bit of a deficit from diet. Liking the eating 5 x a day and haven't felt hungry so far. Picking recipes from insanity plan, t-25 plan and then also a Jillian michaels book I have. Portion control is where I usually struggle so just making sure I weigh/ measure everything and it's working for me so far.

• amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im a littke behind everyone, sorry! I did the double today. Cardio and Lower Focus. Uhhhh wasn't cardio using only my lower body?! Gosh that was rough.
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Abs today to make up for not doing it yesterday. Gnaarrgghh. No like. Think I need to give myself more of a warm-up if I'm working out first thing - my knees and hips were popping like mad through most of it.

Think tomorrow might be a Tony Horton yoga routine instead of Stretch. I need something a bit... well, stretchier, I guess.
  • shummel53
    shummel53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have to do t25 everyday. If I take a day off then I set myself up to take too many days off. I have abs today. I like stretch on Sundays. I'm going to try to get outside today (finally warm enough here to go out), and take dog for a walk for extra cardio.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    It's finally warmed up here too! I'm going to go for a ski and then come back and do the stretch.
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Didn't get any stretching or yoga in yesterday and man did I notice today! My hips were so tight I couldn't even do the high knee lifts until I did a separate warm-up. Not my best performance ever, but I got there in the end.

Remember kids, when Shaun T tells you to stretch, you make sure you do it! :smiley: