Share Your Original Recipes!

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
We'd love to let everyone benefit from recipes of your own creation. If you would like to share, please follow the guidelines below:
  • PLEASE limit it to your OWN, original (or modified) recipe, and,
  • ONE recipe per post with the NAME OF THE RECIPE in ALL CAPS as the first line (will make it easier for folks to "browse" the thread for individual recipes),
  • Provide ingredients, serving size and number, and nutritional data so members can add it t their food diary,
  • Include, simple, "step by step" prep instructions, keeping in mind that some members may be relatively "new" to the whole "cooking from scratch" idea,
  • Please keep ALL original recipes in this thread, instead of beginning a new thread. This way, one link in the LP to the thread containing all the recipes, is all that will be needed to link to all the recipes and will keep the LP from "ballooning" too much.
  • If the recipe already exists on your "personal" blog page (or similar), I don't see a problem with linking directly to it (unless others do), but please do so as a "direct" link to the specific recipe you are adding rather than a "general" link to your blog and, as with all recipes to be included, group members only - please.

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    CRUSTLESS QUICHE

3.00 cups of diced or grated vegetables of choice (eg zucchini, mushrooms, spinach)
    3.00 middle rashers of bacon
    2.00 cups cheese or your choice
    9.00 large eggs
    2.00 cloves garlic
    Herbs of your choice
    Salt

In a bowl, mix the vegetables, garlic, bacon, cheese, herbs and salt.
    In another bowl, beat the eggs until thoroughly mixed.
    Pour eggs into the vegetable and bacon mixture and mix thoroughly.

Pour mixture into a greased lasagne tray or similar.

Bake at 180C (350F) for about 25 minutes or until it no longer wobbles when you shake the tray.

Serves 8

Calories 237
    Protein 17g
    Fat 10g
    Carb 3g
    Fibre 1g
    (per serving)
  • Cherie1n2n3n4
    Cherie1n2n3n4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CREAM CHEESE BALLS

1 tbs almonds crushed
    4 tbs cream cheese

Roll cream cheese unto 4 balls and then roll into the almond powder.. Put one in your lunch sack every day and use it as your desert.. You can also add 100g strawberries as a guilt free cheese cake.

The carbs will depend on the type if cream cheese you use. If you want to go chocolate and don't mind the AS, use coco almonds.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    CRUSTLESS QUICHE

3.00 cups of diced or grated vegetables of choice (eg zucchini, mushrooms, spinach)
    3.00 middle rashers of bacon
    2.00 cups cheese or your choice
    9.00 large eggs
    2.00 cloves garlic
    Herbs of your choice
    Salt

In a bowl, mix the vegetables, garlic, bacon, cheese, herbs and salt.
    In another bowl, beat the eggs until thoroughly mixed.
    Pour eggs into the vegetable and bacon mixture and mix thoroughly.

Pour mixture into a greased lasagne tray or similar.

Bake at 180C (350F) for about 25 minutes or until it no longer wobbles when you shake the tray.

Serves 8

Calories 237
    Protein 17g
    Fat 10g
    Carb 3g
    Fibre 1g
    (per serving)

What is a "middle rasher" of bacon? :blush:
  • Sajyana
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The link didn't work for me. Then I found that you need to remove the "http://" on the end. This is a great comparison.

thepauperedchef.com/2010/04/a-guide-to-bacon-styles-and-how-to-make-proper-british-rashers.html

You can add any bacon. Or use ham. Or chicken. This is a very versatile recipe.

Edit to add:

Australian middle bacon includes the fat and the rind.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    The link didn't work for me. Then I found that you need to remove the "http://" on the end. This is a great comparison.

thepauperedchef.com/2010/04/a-guide-to-bacon-styles-and-how-to-make-proper-british-rashers.html

You can add any bacon. Or use ham. Or chicken. This is a very versatile recipe.

Edit to add:

Australian middle bacon includes the fat and the rind.

Thanks, not sure what went wrong with copy/paste. I found the site instructive. Always a plus when I learn something.

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I make egg salad and ham breakfast rolls. Make egg salad ahead of time. Roll in a slice of ham with Mexican or other fine shredded cheese, bacon bits and chives. I have a lot more but this is one definitely I came up with on my own.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Cindy! Brilliant idea. I'm going to steal that one. :wink:
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ON THE GO HAM ROLL
    3 Slices of ham (like Trader Joes Healthy Ham)
    2 Tbsp Organic low fat whipped cream cheese
    Hand full of spinach

Smear the cream cheese equally over each slice of ham.
    Layer with spinach/arugula
    Roll up
    Enjoy

Makes 3 rolls totaling 130 calories
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    CHEESE SAUCE
    1-2c unsweetened almond milk
    1/4c heavy cream
    ~2c strong-flavored cheese
    1tbsp tapioca starch (or equivalent thickener or gum)

Over med-low heat, whisk together milk, cream, and thickener in a pot. Whisk gently occasionally until mixture starts thickening and is hot (don't let it boil, though).

Add cheese a few tablespoons at a time to allow to melt thoroughly. Keep adding cheese until mixture is thick and creamy. Keep on heat until cheese is completely melted.

Pour on or mix with desired food. Works great on broccoli and cauliflower. Reheated, also works well on eggs.

Per tablespoon:
    Calories - 42
    Fat - 4g
    Saturated Fat - 2g
    Carbs - Trace*
    Protein - 2g
    Sodium - 62mg

* MFP says 0 carbs for what I put in. I figure probably about 1 or a little shy of it, especially if you use packaged shredded cheese.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looks good Tracy!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    DRAGON BREATH CHILI
    1lb ground beef
    1lb ground bison
    1lb bacon
    1/2-1lb ground liver
    1-3 green peppers (about 100-300g)
    1 medium onion (about 100g)
    6oz tomato paste
    1can diced tomatoes, drained
    cumin*
    pepper flakes*
    chili powder*
    smoked paprika*
    cayenne pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    salt
    pepper

Cut bacon into pieces and fry. Brown all ground meats with some salt and pepper.

Combine everything into a crock pot.

Cook for 6 hours on low.

Serve with cheese and sour cream.

* Alternatively, you can use a pre-made chili seasoning for these spices, like McCormick's. I prefer it the individual way, though, as the pre-made stuff tends to have a lot of additives. The individual way, do everything to taste and/or in about the same proportions as a chili seasoning packet. What I entered into MFP is about a tablespoon of everything.

This was adapted from Caveman Keto's Caveman Chili.

Made his way, each serving (1/8 of his recipe) is:

Calories: 492
    Fat: 35g
    Carbs: 13g
    Protein: 31g

Made my way (with added bison and 1/2lb liver) each 1/8 recipe serving, before cheese and sour cream, is:

Calories 356
    Total Fat 19g*
    Saturated Fat 7g
    Cholesterol 134mg
    Sodium 1264mg
    Potassium 1851mg
    Total Carbohydrate 12g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 8g
    Protein 34g
    Vitamin A 116%
    Vitamin C 77%
    Calcium 4%
    Iron 56 %

*Fat (and therefore calories) may actually be higher, I didn't drain the fats from any of the meats and just added it to the mix.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Cheesy Bacon Dip

250g (8oz) packet of cream cheese, softened.
    1.5 cups grated cheese of your choice. I used cheddar, it was fine.
    1/2 to 1 cup of crumbled crispy bacon depending upon how much like bacon. ;)

Add to this to suit your own tastes. You could try:

Onion Salt
    Garlic Powder
    Chilli Sauce
    BBQ Seasoning
    Worcestershire Sauce

Just mix it all together. I used the food processor which made it easy.

Serving suggestions:

Fill a stick of celery.
    Spoon into mushroom cups and pop under the griller for a few minutes.
    Roll into balls and eat by itself.
    Spoon into a lettuce leaf and roll it up.
    Cucumber and celery dippers.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this one anywhere. Just made it last night with craving for potato salad.
    Moc Potato Salad
    2 cups cauliflower cut up
    2 hard boiled eggs
    4 TBSP Mayonnaise
    1/2 Dill pickle
    1/8 small onion chopped very fine to spread the goodness
    Lemon pepper sprinkle. Less than 1/8 tsp
    Lightly cook cauliflower. Peel and chop eggs. Cop onion and pickle. Dump slightly cooled cauliflower into mix. Add the mayo.Lightly mix. Bacon lovers could add bacon.
    Serves 4

I made this last night and just tasted it. Tonight I needed more food in my day. I added another hopped egg to my bowl and a dab of mayo. This is delicious. I would say add more salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.
  • kmdigan
    kmdigan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely stealing the potato salad! I'm in need of side style dishes! Thanks!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Good. It was very easy to make since I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge. It was much richer with the added egg. Enjoy
  • cindytw
    Options
    I have not seen this one anywhere. Just made it last night with craving for potato salad.
    Moc Potato Salad
    2 cups cauliflower cut up
    2 hard boiled eggs
    4 TBSP Mayonnaise
    1/2 Dill pickle
    1/8 small onion chopped very fine to spread the goodness
    Lemon pepper sprinkle. Less than 1/8 tsp
    Lightly cook cauliflower. Peel and chop eggs. Cop onion and pickle. Dump slightly cooled cauliflower into mix. Add the mayo.Lightly mix. Bacon lovers could add bacon.
    Serves 4

I made this last night and just tasted it. Tonight I needed more food in my day. I added another hopped egg to my bowl and a dab of mayo. This is delicious. I would say add more salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.

We did this over the summer for camping instead of potatoes. Hubby loved it, especially with something heavy like burgers it just is more refreshing!
  • cindytw
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Almond/Coconut Flour Bread:
    1.00 tbsp(s), Almond Meal/flour
    1.00 large, Eggs - Whole, raw
    0.50 tsp, Baking Powder
    2.00 Tablespoons, Coconut Flour

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 174
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 10 g 16 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 13 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 212 mg 71 %
    Sodium 260 mg 11 %
    Potassium 67 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 10 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 6 g 23 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 10 g 20 %
    Vitamin A 5 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 4 %
    Iron 17 %

Mix all ingredients with a fork or whisk, adding water or milk of choice (not included here) as needed to thin to a cake batter consistency. Spray a glass loaf pan or 2 smaller square dishes with cooking spray, or grease with oil of choice. Pour batter evenly, I tap the dish on the counter to ensure even distribution. Microwave on high for 2 minutes for the loaf pan, less for each smaller dish, start with 1:15. At times adding time is needed, I use 15 second increments until set and firm. Toast before serving. Keeps well in the fridge after completely cooled.

I have used this for egg sandwiches, garlic bread, BLT's, toast for over easy eggs, anything. It is not "Bread" but it tastes pretty decent and has a decent texture.