Share Your Original Recipes!

Options

Replies

• AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    PORK CHOP & GOAT CHEESE "MEATWICH" - 1 serving

Ingredients:
    - (2) 3 oz boneless pork chops (6oz total)
    - 1oz herbed goat cheese
    - Handful fresh spinach leaves (about 10g)
    - bacon grease

Instructions:
    1. Pound pork chops with pointy end of a meat mallet to tenderize and thin them out. Season both sides with Spike seasoning (seriously, if you don't use this stuff, you have to try it, it's amazing)
    2. Heat bacon grease in a skillet and cook pork chops about 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and let them rest for a moment.
    3. Meanwhile, put spinach in a microwave safe bowl, mist with water, and microwave for 1 minute (this is my lazy way of wilting/quick steaming spinach)
    4. Spread goat cheese on one of the pork chops, then spinach, then place the other pork chop on top. I suggest you eat it right away because if the goat cheese gets too melty it will ooze everywhere :tongue:

This was just a way to use up goat cheese, but the flavors are pretty amazing. The mild taste of pork pairs wonderfully with the stronger flavor of the goat cheese, and the bacon grease flavor comes through really well. You can also lay the pork chops out and put the goat cheese and spinach on top and eat with a fork and knife if you don't want to get messy. That's what I did with the leftovers so I don't make a mess eating lunch at work. This would also be really good with sauteed mushrooms mixed in, because sauteed mushrooms are good on everything!
  • pkroyle
    pkroyle Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CABBAGE STIR FRY

1 lb ground beef
    1 lb ground pork
    1/2 package of bacon
    1 small head of cabbage (or half a really big one) chopped into bite sized peices
    1/2 cup Frank's Hot Buffalo sauce
    1 tsp spicey red chili sauce
    4 cloves of garlic
    1 small onion, chopped

I use a huge pot and throw in my onions, garlic, beef and pork. I add a bit of hot sauce to the meat at this point too. Fully cook and then drain and set aside. I chop up my bacon, throw it into the now empty (same) pot and cook until it's starting to brown, but still on the soft side. Then I throw in the chopped cabbage, stir and put the lid on. Stir occasionally until until the cabbage is soft and the consistency that you like. Add in Frank's and hot sauce and some more garlic if you want. Then add the cooked meat back into the pot and stir it all together. Add more hot suace or sesoning to your liking. I make it differently every time because I don't measure anything other than the meat and throw in whatever that I feel like!

I serve it with a dollop of sour cream on top.

This is an easy week night meal I make at least once a week. I cook up alot of meat on the weekend and that cuts out the first step of this recipe and makes prep even easier.

I get about 6 servings, dinner one night and lunches for a few days.

Nutrition Facts per serving (6)
    calories 418
    Total Fat 29g
    Total Carbohydrate 3g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 33g
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    4sly6xah0dr4.jpg
    FLAX CRAX

I figured out this recipe to get more fiber in my diet as well as help with my craving for rye toast.

Serves 16
    2 cups flax meal
    1 cup broth (or water)
    Salt and pepper to taste
    2 Tbsp caraway (rye) seeds

Mix all, it will have a play dough consistency. Press or roll it very thin (cracker thin), cut it into large squares, space them out a bit, and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until it looks dry. Then turn off the oven, and let it sit in the hot oven until cracker dry. If it is a humid day, you may need to warm the oven occasionally. I will often let them set all night. It will depend on their exact size, but mine are about two inches long by two inches wide, and after fiber is subtracted, come to around one carb per cracker. They are really good with guacamole. Nutrition data in image. 04ogwc8d6lmw.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Here's a pin with a different photo I took if anyone wants to pin the FLAX CRAX. http://pinterest.com/pin/A9BoYwAQQDYGjAVXViYAAAA/
  • pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ULTIMATE GOOD MORNING
    - the drink

I prepare this to help start the day well.

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp of ground coffee
    2 tsp of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Blend (or any other cocoa powder)
    1 tsp of ground cinnamon
    2 tsp of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of milk (adjust this for amount of carb you would like to have)

Steps:
    1. Brew a cup of coffee (250ml - 300ml)
    2. Put in ground cinnamon and cocoa powder
    3. Add the coconut oil
    4. Add milk
    5. Microwave to desired temperature if need be
    6. Stir with utensil to mix the ingredients

Nutritientional Information:
    Calories 200
    Fat 15 g
    Carbs 11 g (majority from milk)
    - Fiber 3g
    Protein 5 g

8rrfurtm4h1g.png
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I just tried to make chicken skin chips, not an original recipe, but first go at it. I had a couple pounds of chicken thighs, and I took the skins off, seasoned and crisped them in the boiler. Maybe I overcooked them, but they were not good. :(

FRIED CHICKEN SKIN

I make a variation of this that comes out very good as a snack. I've tried both oven and stove top. I get chicken skin from a local poultry retailer @ $.99 per pound. A serving is 1 oz (28 g) and the macros per serving are:

128 calories
    11.4 g fat
    5.7 g protein
    0 g carbs

Ingredients
    Chicken skin
    Salt

You can also use 1 diced/minced slice of onion and add 1.3 g of carbs, onion powder 1.9 g of carbs, or garlic powder 2.3 g of carbs. This adds 6 calories for the onions and 10 for the garlic powder.

Method 1 (preferred) Stove Top
    Cut skin into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces - a little messy and takes a bit. Maybe I could freeze a little before cutting??
    Fry in skillet on medium heat
    Add dash of salt
    Fry until curly and crispy but not burnt
    Skin is golden
    Eat when cooled a little

Method 2 Oven baked
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Place sheets of chicken skin in parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
    Spread flat
    Sprinkle with salt
    Cover with second cookie sheet to keep flat
    Bake about 25 minutes until crisp
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    This is my new fav. If you are aware of the Atkins fat fast, you know how useful cream cheese is for low carbing. The only issue is it uses processed food so if you're a purist you'd have to adapt. I go back and forth but I'm currently eating some processed food (like this).

1 pkt sugar free jello gelatin mix any flavor, but I like black cherry

1 cup boiling water

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese

Mix it at least a minute with a mixer until well blended. Pour into a large bowl and chill. It can later be sliced like a pie and served with berries. It's very yummy, pretty if you dress it up with whipped cream and berries, has a great mouth feel, high fat, low carb and keeps well for days.

Here's a photo of the last batch I made. uvup4edk5y16.jpg

• JessicaLCHF
    edited July 2015
    Options

ENCHILADA BAKE 7-8 carbs (slow)

Ok, new recipe invention here. It includes some slow carbs and corn in small doses, so it might not be for everyone, but it's pretty tasty and low carb. I'll add pic of it and nutrition facts. No tortillas tho, it's kinda like just eating the enchilada filling.

Three pounds ground beef
    One can refried beans
    One can Rotel (spicy tomatoes and peppers)
    Twelve ounces queso fresco (soft Mexican cheese)
    One cup black beans
    Half cup corn, cooked
    Two TBSP cumin (chili powder)
    Two Tbsp chopped onion
    Half cup shredded cheese for topping

Brown beef and onion until cooked through. Combine everything except shredded cheese in a large baking pan. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 (moderate oven) for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Freezes and reheats very well. Makes 12 servings. This a good "make ahead" meal to freeze and use when short on time. Very beefy, and very filling. I'll edit in a photo and nutritional data. It's not real beautiful to look at. ;)

wul7lbi5cxey.jpg

8po2hfo7bjao.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited August 2015
    Options
    HARVEST TIME "RATATOUILLE"
    Serves 6

If you have giant squash and zucchini, here's a great way to use them up!

2 lb summer yellow squash
    2 lb zucchini
    (Estimate six cups after peeled/seeded)
    1 very large onion
    3-5 tomatoes
    Oil

Peel the tough skin if your squash are really large like mine, seed, and chunk (you can save the seeds to roast). Drizzle with oil and roast all the veggies on two pans, well spaced, at 425 for about 20-30 mins or until tender (depending on your chunk size).

1 lb hot Italian sausage
    8 slices Munster cheese
    Dried or fresh Italian herbs, or thyme, basil, rosemary, etc.

While the veggies roast, pan fry and slice your sausage. Then layer veggies, meat, cheese, herbs, more veggies, more herbs.

Bake at 350 for around 15-20 mins (depending on how long it takes you to layer ingredients) until hot and cheesy!

Yum!! Made tonight and so good!

8ncvmvkdod7q.jpg

You can add eggplant if you have it but I didn't.

ancb5vq5hgup.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    This is my new fav. If you are aware of the Atkins fat fast, you know how useful cream cheese is for low carbing. The only issue is it uses processed food so if you're a purist you'd have to adapt. I go back and forth but I'm currently eating some processed food (like this).

1 cup boiling water

Mix it at least a minute with a mixer until well blended. Pour into a large bowl and chill. It can later be sliced like a pie and served with berries. It's very yummy, pretty if you dress it up with whipped cream and berries, has a great mouth feel, high fat, low carb and keeps well for days.

I made this today with orange jello and added Davinci white chocolate sugar free syrup to the whipped cream I topped it with to take to a picnic at my brother in laws. Haven't had a piece yet but I can't wait. Licking the spoon was amazing!
    zjq8zd818btp.jpg
  • kcrozell
    kcrozell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Save!!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I need to make room for the carbs, but I do a tomates a la creme from Pomiane's "dishes in 10 minutes" cookbook. Quick to make and can be a side dish too, next to a steak for instance:

to serve 2 as a soup or 4 as a side dish:

125 ml double cream
    50 g unsalted butter
    10 tasty tom tomatoes, or large cherry tomatoes. the better the tomaties, the better the results and obviously, this is where the carbs come from: 8g per serving as a soup, 4g per serving as a side dish
    salt and pepper to taste.

It all goes very quickly:

melt the butter in a heavy skillet on a fairly high fire, making sure it doesn't turn brown/burns
    meanwhile halve the tomatoes and put them in, cut site down
    take a sharp knife and prik into the skins to release the juices
    reduce the fire a bit to let them release their juices and start to stew
    after about 5 minutes, turn them, reduce the fire further and let them cook on the other side
    after 5 minutes turn them again, add the cream, shake the pan to spread it and let it come up to the boil carefully
    season to taste
    serve
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Garlic Aioli Devilled Eggs

8 medium eggs
    40g of aioli
    12g of green curry paste

Cook 8 hard boiled eggs. Cool under running water, roll in hands to remove shells easily.

Cut eggs in half length-wise.

Scoop out yolks and mash in a bowl with the aioli and curry paste.

Pipe or spoon the mashed yolks back into the eggs.

Nutritional information will vary due to the brands you use and egg sizes, also I work in kilojoules not calories.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Garlic Aioli Devilled Eggs

8 medium eggs
    40g of aioli
    12g of green curry paste

Cook 8 hard boiled eggs. Cool under running water, roll in hands to remove shells easily.

Cut eggs in half length-wise.

Scoop out yolks and mash in a bowl with the aioli and curry paste.

Pipe or spoon the mashed yolks back into the eggs.

Nutritional information will vary due to the brands you use and egg sizes, also I work in kilojoules not calories.

So, not a regular consumer of curry - and aioli is a modification of mayo, right?? - what on earth does this taste like!?!?
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    like super creamy, interesting tasting, garlicky goodness. someone who's into smoking once gave me smoked garlic cloves for aioli. outstanding! In france they have whole platters with vegetables, usually grilled, and artichokes and lashings of aioli to eat it with. summer heaven.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mainly of garlic and eggs I suppose, I just put together what I had in the fridge :-). Aioli is delicious. The green curry paste just gives it a zing.

I had nutritional info to add but think it's been too long since I posted:

o6iuwz.png
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options

1 cup boiling water

I made this today with orange jello and added Davinci white chocolate sugar free syrup to the whipped cream I topped it with to take to a picnic at my brother in laws. Haven't had a piece yet but I can't wait. Licking the spoon was amazing!
    zjq8zd818btp.jpg

Looks great! How was it?
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options

1 cup boiling water

OMG! This was so good...thank you. I made this last night with sugar free strawberry/banana & a bit of whippped cream. I'm super excited to try other flavors now.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @lodro That tomato soup recipe looks awesome, and I have lots of ripe tomatoes. Thank you for sharing.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My favorite lazy recipe:
    Crock pot, package of prewashed mushrooms, protein (pork chops, stew beef, cubed steak, boneless chicken, etc), jar of alfredo or garlic alfredo, optional splash of liquid smoke or worcestershire sauce. Low for 8 hours or so. You can add frozen or fresh broccoli last 30 minutes of cooking if desired. Can serve over cauliflower rice if desired.