Share Your Original Recipes!

Options

Replies

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    wooweee! Yeah that tomato soup recipe looks awesome and easy. I would totally carb binge for that! The Beast loves soup. I'm gonna look like a super hero this weekend!

and that jello/cream cheese thing Whaaaat? we'll save that for a special ocasion that won't break the carb bank! thanks alot!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thot I posted this but guess I forgot. Carb count for 1/6th of the "pie".

p9s1m8jmg47g.jpg

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    This is my new fav. If you are aware of the Atkins fat fast, you know how useful cream cheese is for low carbing. The only issue is it uses processed food so if you're a purist you'd have to adapt. I go back and forth but I'm currently eating some processed food (like this).

1 pkt sugar free jello gelatin mix any flavor, but I like black cherry

1 cup boiling water

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese

Mix it at least a minute with a mixer until well blended. Pour into a large bowl and chill. It can later be sliced like a pie and served with berries. It's very yummy, pretty if you dress it up with whipped cream and berries, has a great mouth feel, high fat, low carb and keeps well for days.

Here's a photo of the last batch I made. uvup4edk5y16.jpg

Thank you for sharing this, I just made some and it's delicious, but I think I did something wrong. Mine has tiny clumps of cream cheese in it, did I just not mix it long enough? Or am I suppose to melt the cream cheese first? (does cream cheese melt
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese should not be put in on full in the microwave. Defrost setting only. But if you get the cream cheese to room temp (cut into small pieces in a glass bowl on the counter for 30-60 minutes before you prep your dish...
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thank you for sharing this, I just made some and it's delicious, but I think I did something wrong. Mine has tiny clumps of cream cheese in it, did I just not mix it long enough? Or am I suppose to melt the cream cheese first? (does cream cheese melt

I never melt mine. I just add it to the hot mixture once the jello powder has completely dissolved. Then I whip it on high with a mixer for about two minutes. Also I do cut in into chunks first. Maybe that helps?

My cream cheese is always fully incorporated. I use full fat cream cheese.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Thanks @jessicalchf @KnitOrMiss I will try that next time it's still delicious. Could it be made with sugar free pudding too?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding has more carbs than jello, so that's your call. Usually it has some kind of flour or other thickener in it, but if those things don't bother you, I would say yes. However, depending on what it is, I'm sure there are quick LCHF variations of pudding to make. For chocolate, something with cream cheese, butter, cream and cocoa powder (eggs if trying old school - or custardy thick, etc.) would work. I'm sure there is someone who has made a copycat sugar free pudding recipe out there...
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BUFFALO WINGS

I love me some fried chicken, but can’t do the flour. So to compensate, I bake wings in the oven till they are nice and crispy. I don’t use a lot of seasons Ya’ll.

INGREDIENTS
    1. As many fresh chicken wings as you want. I’m greedy so I can eat 12 in one sitting!
    2. 1 stick of butter
    3. Garlic Powder
    4. Wet Naps or moist cloth

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    2. Shake garlic powder all over them wings. Rub the powder in each wing like you are in love.
    3. Place the chicken in a glass pan and either cut up the butter or place the whole stick in the pan.
    4. Once the butter begins to melt, you want to make sure it covers the wings. No dry spots allowed.
    5. Wings typically take at least 40 minutes to cook to desired crispiness.
    6. Once done, douse those wings with your favorite hot sauce to your desired hotness. ( Frank’s Original Recipe is my sin)
    7. Wipe hands between each wing.

That’s it Ya’ll. Very simple… But Very good :)
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Rub the powder in each wing like you are in love.

I might be a little bit in love and I haven't even tried these yet!!!

• JessicaLCHF
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I m
    This is my new fav. If you are aware of the Atkins fat fast, you know how useful cream cheese is for low carbing. The only issue is it uses processed food so if you're a purist you'd have to adapt. I go back and forth but I'm currently eating some processed food (like this).

1 cup boiling water

Mix it at least a minute with a mixer until well blended. Pour into a large bowl and chill. It can later be sliced like a pie and served with berries. It's very yummy, pretty if you dress it up with whipped cream and berries, has a great mouth feel, high fat, low carb and keeps well for days.

I never melt mine. I just add it to the hot mix once the jello mix has completely dissolved. Then I whip it on high with a mixer for about two minutes.
    Thanks @jessicalchf @KnitOrMiss I will try that next time it's still delicious. Could it be made with sugar free pudding too?

I don't think so. You can try. For SF pudding pie I do an almond flour and butter crust (melt butter, mix with enough flour to make a press in crust, bake for a few minutes and cool), and mix the SF pudding mix with two cups of heavy whipping cream instead of the milk the package calls for. Note this is for sugar free instant pudding. I have a picture of one I made with white chocolate SF pudding and studded with fresh blackberries. Ladies at church loved it. o07cxazftrcw.jpg

Also the crust held up really well to slicing. It's the same concept as a graham cracker crust if you've ever made those. It doesn't need any sweetener or egg or anything to hold it together. Just almonds and butter.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    BUFFALO WINGS

I love me some fried chicken, but can’t do the flour. So to compensate, I bake wings in the oven till they are nice and crispy. I don’t use a lot of seasons Ya’ll.

INGREDIENTS
    1. As many fresh chicken wings as you want. I’m greedy so I can eat 12 in one sitting!
    2. 1 stick of butter
    3. Garlic Powder

INSTRUCTIONS:
    2. Shake garlic powder all over them wings. Rub the powder in each wing like you are in love.
    3. Place the chicken in a glass pan and either cut up the butter or place the whole stick in the pan.
    4. Once the butter begins to melt, you want to make sure it covers the wings. No dry spots allowed.
    6. Once done, douse those wings with your favorite hot sauce to your desired hotness. ( Frank’s Original Recipe is my sin)

You can fry them without flour too. Up here almost no one flours their wings, I think it's an adaptation of traditional wings.

I'm definitely trying your version next time. I don't always like the hassle of frying, yours sound amazing with the garlic powder and butter, and of course Frank's!

Damn now I want wings!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    BUFFALO WINGS

INGREDIENTS
    2. 1 stick of butter
    3. Garlic Powder

INSTRUCTIONS:

You can fry them without flour too. Up here almost no one flours their wings, I think it's an adaptation of traditional wings.

I'm definitely trying your version next time. I don't always like the hassle of frying, yours sound amazing with the garlic powder and butter, and of course Frank's!

Damn now I want wings!

LOL! Me Too! I reread my post an was like DAMN, I need to go to the store. So no flour? It won't burn?
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Nope won't burn. Just plop those suckers in hot oil till done then smoother in sauce when out. I wish I had read this before reheating the roast from yesterday. It's 30 cent wing night in town :(. Next Monday for sure.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

1 cup boiling water

I made this today with orange jello and added Davinci white chocolate sugar free syrup to the whipped cream I topped it with to take to a picnic at my brother in laws. Haven't had a piece yet but I can't wait. Licking the spoon was amazing!
    zjq8zd818btp.jpg

Looks great! How was it?

It was very good. My little niece came back for seconds!
    There were a couple of guests at the party that brought a strawberry shortcake and they asked what my dessert was. I told them it was sugar free and one of them literally said "oh, I want all the sugar I can get" and didn't even try it. Lol Whatever, more for me! I literally think she said it because she's very thin. As if sugar isn't bad for thin people too. Lol
    I m

1 cup boiling water

I never melt mine. I just add it to the hot mix once the jello mix has completely dissolved. Then I whip it on high with a mixer for about two minutes.

I don't think so. You can try. For SF pudding pie I do an almond flour and butter crust (melt butter, mix with enough flour to make a press in crust, bake for a few minutes and cool), and mix the SF pudding mix with two cups of heavy whipping cream instead of the milk the package calls for. Note this is for sugar free instant pudding. I have a picture of one I made with white chocolate SF pudding and studded with fresh blackberries. Ladies at church loved it. o07cxazftrcw.jpg

Also the crust held up really well to slicing. It's the same concept as a graham cracker crust if you've ever made those. It doesn't need any sweetener or egg or anything to hold it together. Just almonds and butter.

I made a pudding pie with the same crust this past weekend in banana flavor. I used a 60/40 HWC to water mix in place of the milk and topped it with whipped cream too. It was very good. I always try to cut pies into 8 pieces to keep the servings smaller and therefore the carbs down since the pudding is higher than the jello. The chocolate flavored puddings were even more carbs than the other flavors. I kinda wanted chocolate, but I chose fewer carbs instead.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I m

1 cup boiling water

Well somehow I missed this before trying it. It didn't work but I think maybe because I used almond milk and didn't boil it like it said so it didn't firm up. But it tasted good and was like 4-5 g carbs which works for me.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! The wings sound yummy and will be tried d soon, and the pie, well, it will be the next dessert I take to any social function! YUM! (It's 3:45 am. and I want wings! Lol!) The power of suggestion is alive on this thread!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    pdkxy3ibb8ak.jpg
    Cauliflower cakes..kinda like potatoe cakes (from pinterst)

Cauliflower, boiled then mashed
    1egg
    1 cup shredded cheese
    Salt, pepper,cayenne pepper
    Olive oil

After boiling cauliflower mash with potatoe masher, add egg, cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and mix. Add olive oil to pan, form patties and fry until golden brown. Can be served with sour cream....
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    @auntstephie321 ..... I love fried chicken too, you don't have to give it up. You can fry your chicken naked, like Buffalo a Wild Wings. I season my chicken with garlic powder, seasoning salt, pepper and parsley, crack an egg over the chicken and mix it all together, meanwhile the oil is getting hot in a pan big enough to deep fry. Once the grease is hot enough, place the wings in the oil, and fry until crispy. Comes out just as good as being fried with flour.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @auntstephie321 ..... I love fried chicken too, you don't have to give it up. You can fry your chicken naked, like Buffalo a Wild Wings. I season my chicken with garlic powder, seasoning salt, pepper and parsley, crack an egg over the chicken and mix it all together, meanwhile the oil is getting hot in a pan big enough to deep fry. Once the grease is hot enough, place the wings in the oil, and fry until crispy. Comes out just as good as being fried with flour.

Yep that's how I do mine, no egg though. What kind of coating does the egg give?

• Jbarnes1210
    Options
    I think it makes it a little crispier....