Savory Fat Bombs?

Options
13»

Replies

• hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    moonius wrote: »
    I made these yesterday. Great with cucumber slices or celery.

ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/25/Savory-Salmon-Fat-Bombs

Oh, that looks totally delicious!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The omelets I made for my wife and myself this week were bacon, cream cheese and mushroom topped with cheddar. Clearing a driveway in zero degree weather meant that I could eat 500 calories of bacon, cream cheese and eggs washed down with coffee & coconut oil and still lose weight. Anyway, bacon and cream cheese go well together no matter how you want to prepare it.
  • NasherBasher
    NasherBasher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/guest-post-strawberry-cheesecake-fat-bombs/

Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
    • 1/2 cup = 120 ml = 2.5 oz = 70 g strawberries, fresh or frozen
    • 3/4 cup = 180 ml = 5.3 oz = 150 g cream cheese, softened
    • 1/4 cup = 60 ml = 2 oz = 60 g butter or coconut oil, softened
    • 2 tablespoons = 0.7 oz = 20 g powdered erythritol OR 10–15 drops liquid stevia
    • 1 vanilla bean OR 1/2–1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions
    1. Place the cream cheese and butter cut into small pieces in to a mixing bowl. Leave at room temperature for 30–60 minutes until softened. Make sure the butter is softened, otherwise it will be difficult to mix and achieve a smooth texture. Do not microwave the butter – the mixture needs to stay firm.
    2. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove the green parts. Place them into a bowl and mash using a fork or place in a blender for a smooth texture.
    3. Add the powdered Erythritol (or stevia), vanilla extract and mix well. Before you mix the strawberries with the remaining ingredients, make sure they have reached room temperature.
    4. Add to the bowl with softened butter and cream cheese.
    5. Use a hand whisk or food processor and mix until well combined.
    6. Spoon the mixture into small muffin silicon molds or candy molds. Place in the freezer for about 2 hours or until set.
    7. When done, unmold the fat bombs and place into a container. Keep in the freezer and enjoy any time!
    - - - - -

These are fantastic. You don't have to add the sugar alcohol and I used imitation strawberry extract versus using real strawberries. Very delicious. I have a whole container of them in my freezer. Mmmm~

I made this recently and it tasted just like ice cream
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Any dairy-free fat bombs? Or is that known as "spoonful of oil"? ;)

You could use tallow (beef fat)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Almonds dipped in butter. Quick, easy and fatty