3 Accountability Questions: Week of Jan. 11 - 17

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Started the day with burning 253 calories doing 40 minutes of walking, 3.5 mph;

Followed up with a 144 calorie breakfast of Asparagus Tips, 8 spears; Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked - Turkey Sausage Link 70% Less Fat, 1.02 links (68 grams); Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; Fat Free American Cheese, 0.5 slice; Skinny fruits tropical fruit salad, 1 individual cup; Diced Tomatoes With Lime Juice and Cilantro, 0.25 cups;

ENDED MORNING with a (-) 109; everything logged over the last 24 hrs.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    January 14th

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? Yes
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? Yes
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For Wednesday, 1/14/15:
    Tracking: Yes - again, knowing I had to answer this pushed me to stay accountable.
    Calorie Limit: No, went over but I'm not too worried.
    Active: Yes, active for 50 minutes yesterday with 40 minute bike ride and 10 minute walk.
  • wonderss99
    Options
    Jan 15

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? Yep
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? Yep
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 mins.

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Jan 15

Were you active for at least 20 minutes? only 16min today
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    January 15, 2015

Not a great day. I made it worse by "stress eating" and now have a stomach ache. :\ Ready to go to bed and start fresh tomorrow.

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? NO.
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? NO.
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? YES - 20 minutes on the rowing machine.
  • Lerrie123
    Lerrie123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    15/1

Did you stay under your calorie limit? Almost - 30 cal over
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Almost - only walking as work interrupted the time I had set aside for running
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    Jan 15th

Yep
    Yep, but barely
    Yep!
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    January 15th:

Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • LaxPoppa
    LaxPoppa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    15th - y/y/n
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes!!! :)
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Jan.15
    Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? Y,Even the tiny piece of broccoli roasted in oven with olive oil.
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? Y
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? y but fitbit says only 17 min.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Started the day with - urned 237 calories doing 40 minutes of walking; Yes to all --
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Jan 15:

1) Yes (to the extent I could, see below).
    2) I think so but am not sure, as I went out to dinner.
    3) Yes
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I tracked everything that I ate.
    I was under my calorie limit.
    I did not exercise.

So, two out of three.
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today?
    Did you stay under your calorie limit?
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes?

I track everything I eat and drink that contains calories. I do not track my water intake.

I have stayed under my calorie limit every day.

Yes, I am actually in the midst of a run streak. Today will be day

Curious - what do you consider a cheat day? Is it when you purposely go over your limit? I eat plenty of foods that people would consider "cheat" items but I do so without going over my caloric goal so I don't consider it cheating. I'm trying to have a positive relationship with my food and for me "cheat" has such negative connotations.
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    xenl wrote: »

Curious - what do you consider a cheat day? Is it when you purposely go over your limit? I eat plenty of foods that people would consider "cheat" items but I do so without going over my caloric goal so I don't consider it cheating. I'm trying to have a positive relationship with my food and for me "cheat" has such negative connotations.

A cheat day for me is when I chose foods that are not good for me, but I don't go outside my calorie goal. If I go outside my calorie goal, it's a bad day, not a cheat day. I call cheat days cheat days because to me it's like I'm cheating the system. Staying in my calorie range but having a slice of peanut butter pie (nom)!

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Jan 16

Did you track absolutely everything you ate and drank today? Yup, had my "cheat" meal of my "Fancy" ramen
    Did you stay under your calorie limit? Yup
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Yup did some Pilates and some ab workouts for a total of 30min :smile:
  • NikonPal
    Options
    xenl wrote: »
    ... what do you consider a cheat day? Is it when you purposely go over your limit? I eat plenty of foods that people would consider "cheat" items but I do so without going over my caloric goal so I don't consider it cheating. I'm trying to have a positive relationship with my food and for me "cheat" has such negative connotations.

We are all so different. I say whatever works terminology wise in our heads for us – is the right way. For me, I never have a “cheat day.” Everything I eat is planned and accounted for…within my caloric goal and nutritious. I only have one food that I indulge in – a 5 oz. piece of fried fish perhaps twice a month. But even that is planned, so I don’t call it “cheating.” It’s all in what works.

73641431.png
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    January 15:

Did you stay under your calorie limit? No-super hungry day but within maintenance calories.
    Were you active for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minute Zumba class and tons of painting.

I consider a cheat meal/day where I intentionally don't log and eat with no thought to the calories. I generally make the effort on the days (or throughout the week) to eat lighter and get some bigger workouts in. This works very well for me and allows me to really enjoy special events.