2015- EAT MY DUST: Part 1 - Chat, tips, advice, encouragement (Wk 1-4)

Options
gonabfit
gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone! This is where we will put our discussions

Replies

• Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping we get some chat and such going this challenge...the lure of new posts helps me to remember to log and post my weigh-ins. Figured I'd kick this off with my personal goal for today: get a damn workout in! Normally, I have to exercise first thing out of bed to make it happen, but that wasn't going to work today. So, my goal is to overcome my natural inertia. What's your goal for today?
  • KA___
    KA___ Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this group. My goal was take a progress pic, I hate doing it but always regret not following through. I did do it after training this morning.
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Way to go, KA! I got in a workout, too. A short walk, but 20 minutes at a good clip still beats 20 minutes on the couch.
  • KA___
    KA___ Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done Spambo. Every bit helps to better health :-)
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym in the morning. Lets do this ladies, and gents, and others! Lol
  • Spambo16
    Options
    See you there, Fitter! (Ok, not really 'cuz you're on the other side of the planet, but with you in spirit and will catch up when morning dawns over here.) :)
  • jbastone
    jbastone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in this morning (yesterday as well) my goal is to keep the workouts consistent...at least 4 a week.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    @JB - 4 workouts a week sounds like a good target to me. I'll try to get back to that too.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    @Spambo - Nice to see you also accepting the Freeletics Challenge. :smiley: That should be harder fun! lol
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Umm, ok - I'd like to lose a stone in 12 weeks (more if I can but being realistic) get back to running at least twice a week. And start doing squats! :)
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know I'm dumb - where do i post my weight thing? Never done this before :(
  • FitterBody
    Options
    I see you found it MrsD. Added some guidance for you in there. Next week will be a new thread with "Week 2 Weigh in" in the discussions title. x
  • Spambo16
    Options
    @ Mrs. D - no, not dumb at all, just new to the party. Welcome aboard!
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Arrrg! So frustrating when I'm doing solid workouts every day, and staying well under calorie goal, and yet the scale goes up. However, I know for me, DOMS = water retention, so I'm going to take that as a sign that my workouts are being effective and power on.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Sounds good to me Spambo, just wish my workouts were solid & daily. Looks like I have some catching up to do! You lead, we'll try to catch up and keep up! You ready MrsD? :-)
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The lack of exercise seems to be dragging me down or I should say up :\ My weight is up 2 pounds which I'm surprised isn't more due to lack of movement and not logging. Tomorrow begins a new day & I'm dusting off the treadmill and that crazy exercise ball!
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Yay! JoyLaine's back! *waving*. LOL @ Fitter - this is an unusual streak for me, but who knows, could stick.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    We'll get back to regular workouts together. Race ya to the treadmill on 3. 1... 2... Hey that's not fair!....... Wait for me!
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Goal for tomorrow: enjoy a little Super Bowl snacking, but keep it moderate.
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Gonabfit had asked for one thing we were proud of. I figured I'd post here and see if we couldn't get a little conversation going. I'm proud that, for the last three weeks, I've worked out more days than not. Getting over 50% is pretty rare for me, so I'm hoping this is on its way to being an improved habit for me.
This discussion has been closed.