2015- EAT MY DUST: Part 1 - Chat, tips, advice, encouragement (Wk 1-4)

Options

Replies

• JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting in as much exercise as I would like or certainly need but I'm squeezing in a little bit of walking everyday which keeps me somewhat motivated. I've made it a habit to get in at least 20 minutes no matter what.

Once the weather warms up I can take by bicycle out ~ something I really enjoy doing.
  • KA___
    KA___ Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't think this weeks weigh in will be good. My food has been on track, but zero exercise, actually had to rest most of the day due to strong painkillers after surgery on my hand last friday. I feel so lazy. I'm actually a little apprehensive about weighing. I'm hoping to start lifting/ running again sometime next week.

Hows everyone elses week going?
  • KA___
    Options
    Seems to be only a few active members left now!
    What happened?
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Same every challenge KA! Not many peeps have the determination & dedication to see a challenge through, even though it is only 12 weeks. It is no biggest loser challenge with fame and money at the end, but doing it helps keep you focused and builds good habits so each one is well worth the few minutes you need to spend each week updating your progress, and the few that survive will reap a lot more than those who drop out. Hopefully at least one or two that are close to us will return to the fold to try again in the challenge after this one, but for now..... Stay In There! We're With You!
  • KA___
    Options
    Oh okay. I'm not quitting whatever the result. Its good to have a little regular accountability. And I'll be here for subsequent rounds.
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Great KA!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Proud for you all for posting so regularly! Also, happy to have a place to return every time I get a chance. My job has been H-E-L-L. It takes all I have to get to work, keep in good spirits, plan my future, exercise and then... get back here. But, I haven't given up... I'm still exercising and eating well and losing weight (FINALLY) YAY!

I've added strength training back and I have renewed my "Do something ( ONE THING) every day to reach your goals."

My thing today was: Walked more than 10,000 steps. When I ordered fast food, I had grilled chicken sandwich (took off most of the bun) and onion rings (only ate 1/2 my order and gave the rest to a friend.)

I am encouraging us all to continue to regroup and renew... if not on MFP then at home... However we get to our destinations... we should continue to try to get there.

I'm exhausted and maybe had 8 hours of sleep this week combined. Gotta Go. I'm here, I promise!
  • KA___
    Options
    Well done gonabfit- great attitude

FB- the commitment here is minimal, but good to be accountable.
    So I'm looking forward. When this 12week challenge is finished will another start fairly quickly or will there be a break to try to regroup some of the 'lost' members?
    I will carry on as planned whatever, but I find this accountability helpful without being added pressure; probably for different reasons to most. I'm grateful for you to inviting me to this group. Thank you :) (*)
  • KA___
    Options
    On this weeks weigh in I'm raising my goal weight as I have realised I will be too skinny at what I had set- Where I am now is pretty close to where I I want to be; quite a positive step from my ED background
  • FitterBody
    Options
    No problem KA. (*) Go for it! <3
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Awesome KA!! Proud of you for getting to your goals! I am still ticking along.

Usually we just continue on with a new challenge and if newbies want to join in they can! And also... the older members who dropped out should have had a little break already! HAHA :-D

It's really up to the team but I personally like the challenge of continuing to aim forward toward something. I fear I may lose motivation if I become complacent. :smiley:

Let's keep the fire burning one way or another!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I have a non scale victory!! I got into a pair of pants t hat I could not even zip or button in October/November!! WOOHOOO
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Sorry KA, yes I forgot to answer that part of your comment. As Gonna says, a new one is usually started pretty much immediately or within a week or two if there is a reason for a gap (Like Xmas when peeps just wouldn't want to be logging a new start weight, or even logging on). Will be great to see you on the next one and hopefully a few of the dropouts will return. If you, or anyone else reading this, has any ideas how to improve this to make it more interesting or whatever it needs to reduce the dropout rate then please make the suggestions. The wide goal scope of the participants makes new ideas difficult as participants have different workout, food, and even weight goals so finding a more motivating challenge is, in itself, a great challenge! The idea is to just use the logging weight (with some encouraging comments from friends) a habit maker and driver to stay on track and that does work for some peeps so we keep it going, but new ideas are always more than welcome.
  • KA___
    Options
    Thanks both of you. I'll be here until you boot me out, the accountability without judgement meets my needs, whether I want to lose or maintain(getting close to goal now) I like the way we all have different wt goals, different exercise routines and different ways of eating- we are all finding what works(or not)for ourselves.
    I'll have a think about suggestions. I think some of the dropouts this time are due to illness and sad family situations.
  • KA___
    Options
    Okay guys, I had another relapse yesterday, so my weight on Thursday won't be pretty. But I will weigh in and complete the full twelve weeks.
    I have made huge progress on other areas of my health even if my weight loss has been erratic. Biggest NSV, I am no longer calorie counting or weighing everything I eat( only fats and proteins to control portion size. ) And I have finally got professional help with the bulimia, and have come to accept I have to make my recovery the highest priority not fit it around others needs, Finally recognising I have to ask for help to get my needs met if i am to get well.I'll shut up now, lol!
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    gonabfit wrote: »
    I have a non scale victory!! I got into a pair of pants t hat I could not even zip or button in October/November!! WOOHOOO

Great going! That is such a sweet feeling :)

• FitterBody
    Options
    Good for you KA! I have been estimating food all week as no scales here so who knows what my weigh in will look like. Let us just post it without worry, pat ourselves on the back for completing the challenge and look forward to the start of the next one in a week or two. Xx
  • KA___
    Options
    Fb, not sure I can do it without worry. But it is what it is. Just gives me a point to improve from. TY.
  • KA___
    Options
    Can someone inform me when the next round starts as I don't check the boards often. This group is good for me and I don't want to miss out.
    Thanks fitter and gona for doing this
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Will do KA! :-)
This discussion has been closed.