New here- looking for Paleo friends!

Options
13»

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If you have 50 pounds to lose you should be eating much, much more than 1400 calories.... that's why it's best to go into Paleo or Primal without tracking calories and only focusing on food choice because our faulty idea of how many calories we "should" eat gets in the way of achieving ideal health. Been there, did it.
    LOL I would beg to differ, though not necessarily in the way people might think. When I started eating Primal/paleo fashion (depending on the periods where I added or avoided dairy), the food was so satisfying that I would get to the end of a day with only 600-800 calories and no hunger. Intuitive eating wouldn't have worked for me - I'd have been starving myself if I hadn't been tracking my intake to figure out what foods, amounts, combinations fit the macros I had set up (I think it was something like 20/20/60 carbs/protein/fat, or maybe 15/25/60, or 15/15/70, I don't remember for certain).

So that is about the only reason I can think of for logging and tracking. Once I got a feeling for how much I needed to eat, I stopped logging. I am logging again right now, mainly for accountability because I enjoyed the recent holiday sweets a little too much and even though I'm not hungry, I still get tempted. Okay, so that would make two reasons.

• punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link punchgut! I am new to this forum, how do I add you or anyone as a friend?

Just go to the blue link for a person's identity and when that takes you to their page click the add as friend box.