Fasting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Options
2»

Replies

• kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did 4:3 for a year after 5:2 stopped working, but 4:3 stopped working too - I think you can guess what was happening. Since I started tracking, 5:2 works fine. I can understand wanting to lose more quickly, but I decided I like my food more :smile: But whatever works.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ah yes. those non fast days! i haven't started tracking those yet, but will if I hit a week where things don't move in the right direction... tracking for me feels too much like every other diet ever, but I see the sense of it....
  • Revcminor
    Options
    My daughter and I are doing this together. She just asked me about adding a day. I wasn't sure I should advocate it. Let me know how it goes.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kcd1961 wrote: »
    I did 4:3 for a year after 5:2 stopped working, but 4:3 stopped working too - I think you can guess what was happening. Since I started tracking, 5:2 works fine. I can understand wanting to lose more quickly, but I decided I like my food more :smile: But whatever works.

Because of your comment, I started doing the math.... I'm short and close to goal. Can't burn tons of cals through exercise, because my hr is rather low (400cals/h on a fast run is about max).

I maintain / gain slowly when...
    5x2000
    2x500
    equals 11000 cals per week
    Exercise per week 1000-1500cals
    equals 12000 cals per week of food

My Tdee (calculated before exercise as this variies alot) is 1600-1700cals.
    Thus I lose slowly 9000-10000 cals + exercise burns. I'm not satisfied, if I restrict more and am OK with losing the last bit slowly. As long as I don't gain, I'm happy.

This week I'm trying to get back on track and lower the amount I eat on non fast days a little. I've been having closer to 1800-2000cals a day for a while now (a bit more on some days) and have slowly gained 3lbs, because I still love eating.... Time to get back to business!

Just trying to show some of the newbies, that it's a process that needs to be reasessed once in a while. :) Even after almost 2yrs, I need to do this and look at my weight trend over a few months to see if it is going up, down or staying put.

Here is the proof, that I need to step in and turn it around!

epjnwlmx8gfh.jpg
  • lulu1066
    Options
    but if you squint your eyes, the graph looks like a caterpillar going down a leaf, which is a good thing. Keep up the good work - you're doing really well.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    you know the scene in magagasar when the lion is talking to the zebra and all he can see is big dancing steaks instead of his head? that's me right now! so just had my 48 cal cuppa soup and am gritting my teeth..
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Lol lulu. To your squint post....very nice, but I think, you need glasses B)
  • lulu1066
    Options
    nooo!
  • tanarbanana
    tanarbanana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did that and it worked for me. I still plan to fast each MWF but typically something comes up on one of the days so I figure at least I got my two days in. I am in the middle of my normal BMI now, 5ft 5in 137lbs this morning. I have been as low as 132.something on this plan. I seem to be at a stable weight, not really losing more, but that is fine with me since I never thought I'd be at this weight again and this way I don't have to buy more new clothes. I don't know what goal weight I would choose since through fasting I dropped more than I would have originally thought possible. I think fasting is great. It keeps me aware and appreciative of all the wonderful foods available (like bananas with pumpkin seeds - yum!). So I am sticking with fasting and focusing on whole foods. Obviously I eat plenty on my non-fasting days so I don't think dropping to one day a week would work out well for me! Best wishes to you on your journey to your goal!

When you did mwf fasting did you do a water fast or eat low calorie? Thanks ◡̈
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I targeted 500 calories on my MWF fasting days.