EXERCISE ~ What exercise are you doing?

Options
TheJourneybyT
TheJourneybyT Posts: 122 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Please share exercise suggestions, struggles, tips.

Replies

• TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I use a treadmill and dumbbells.
  • sharipearson2
    Options
    I walk outside when the weather is good. I have small weights and resistance bands that I use about 1X a week.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I need to up my exercise as I am fairly lazy. I have a weekly Pilates 1-2-1 session, try to do 3 sessions of my Yogalates DVD at home and walk one of the dogs (who is also very lazy and somewhat tubby himself!). I hope to add another formal Pilates session when classes start again next month, and also increase my walking - I live on a hill and am not sure which is worse, to going down or the coming back up. I tried jogging a few years ago, before we moved here, but found it very hard on my knees.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    When I started, I could walk only 5 minutes on the treadmill, now I'm up to 30 minutes. I'm happy to have progress but have a long way to go. Exercise is not something I enjoy yet. I also live on a hill but I'm not able to walk up it yet.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's great progress T.
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Good morning, Just joined your group this morning. Restarted my healthy living journey this past Monday and have been on the treadmill every day. Too much snow and ice outside right now for me to go out and walk although I do go around the block with my puppy twice daily. When I started the treadmill on Monday I was at 2 miles an hour for 20 minutes and am now at 2.5 for 30 minutes. I want to get on every day that I can.
    I look forward to the encouragement and seeing everyone's progress.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I walk 2.0 mph too. Way to go on walking everyday since Monday!
  • rosemaryk1234
    Options
    I will try to walk 30 minutes a day.... scratch that I WILL walk 30 minutes a day on my treadmill!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I love the commitment, very inspiring, I'll grab my shoes and go walk now....
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Did it ~ 30 min treadmill, hoping to have over 5,000 steps today - looks like I'll make it :D
  • Magoo7755
    Magoo7755 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job! (*)
  • rosemaryk1234
    Options
    Okay, walked 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0! Thanks for helping me decide to do it right now rather than wait until later! :)
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Thanks, Awesome job to Rosemaryk1234 too! (*)
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Got my walk in...30 minutes at 2.5! Way to go everyone who walked today!
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I HATE walking, jogging etc! But I do like to dance so I put on YouTube and dance to "dance yourself thin". The first segment is 21 mins of Latin/African dance. It's hard and I still have to modify a little but each day is a little better. Samba and mambo here I come! Goal: do whole segment all the way through. Long term goal: finish the whole 1 hour video.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Great goals Kheinl
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill. Exercise is something I don't enjoy much so I have strategically stationed the treadmill facing the television, chose one of my favorite programs and watch as I walk. Amazing how quickly the time goes by. I also plan on it as soon as I get home from work so that I get it out of the way, otherwise, it won't get done!
  • bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I walk at work, and again when I get home, but it is really boring. Yesterday I added the 28 day squat challenge, and also a bit of strength training exercises (curls and dumbbell presses. Walking alone will not tone my flabby arms!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Way to go Lily and Beth!!!
  • bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Did my 16 minute walk at work. Yay. Today is a rest day for the squat challenge (double yay), so I plan on doing other stuff. Haven't decided what yet - I will wait and see what tickles my fancy!