Cystic/hormonal acne

does anyone have a problem with cystic acne on the chin with LCHF/ketosis?

I am liking how I feel but this is the pits!

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    If it's constant I've found moisturizer, exfoliation, and something called drawing salve really helps. The last brings them to the surface for popping. If it's tied to your cycle, all of the above plus a pre-natal vitamin (I like gummies for less stomach upset) seems to really help stop them from appearing in the first place.
  • If it's constant I've found moisturizer, exfoliation, and something called drawing salve really helps. The last brings them to the surface for popping. If it's tied to your cycle, all of the above plus a pre-natal vitamin (I like gummies for less stomach upset) seems to really help stop them from appearing in the first place.

Thanks! Did this occur before you went into ketosis? I did buy drawing salve from Amazon! It's really not cute
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    yep! mine had gone away completly. I think I will try taking zinc supliments as that is what got rid of it last time. But yep I think its the dairy maybe?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Actually I've always had issues with it, but it really flared up as soon as I went off carbs. And I was dairy free for over a year trying to get rid of it, no dice.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Are you just starting keto? If so, the acne will hang around a little while and may even get worse. It's like your body is purging all the toxins from your previous diet. After though, beautiful skin, hair, and nails...no vitamin required :)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Mine gets so much better on LCHF. At first, during the keto adaptation, it got much worse, and also included white head and black heads. Awful! But now, I haven't had a blemish in months. Short of dryness (winter) my skin, nails, and hair all look great.
  • I have been paleo/primal for awhile -- just never been this low carb (no fruit, etc.) -- that has just been for the last few weeks.

Also I don't eat dairy. Thanks!!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member

Not thread-related, just wanted to give a +1 for dairy-free keto! We gotta stick together :blush:

• embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    kirkor wrote: »

Not thread-related, just wanted to give a +1 for dairy-free keto! We gotta stick together :blush:
    yes ! I have tried the dair option and not too happy with what its done to my skin. I can handle yoghurt and butter, ghee and just a touch of cheese , but even the cheese is a bit much it seems. Glad i can handle the butter, but i have prob been having too much of even that . like i have aid already ZINC really helps the cystic type of hormonal acne. for some reason it seems we need a bit more.