C25K...Starting 1/27/15 wanna join me???

Options
fit4life_73
fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
I'm starting the program tomorrow. I completed c25k about 4 years ago but I didn't continue running. I haven't worked out consistently in about a year. I've started and stopped the program a few times over the years. I like running intervals and my ultimate goal is to be able to run 30 minutes non stop. So I thought to myself, why not try this again :) . I plan to use this thread to post my progress. I welcome others who are still early in their journey to post their progress too. I think this will be a great way to motivate each other. I know I will need lots of support. (*)

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    In for support! I'll be watching. :smiley:

I did c25k almost 2 years ago and am now training for my first half marathon. You've got this!
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I will start again with you. I will be doing it on the treadmill until the weather breaks, but would love to have someone that is doing it at the same time. What time of day do you plan on running?
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    acarmon55 wrote: »
    I will start again with you. I will be doing it on the treadmill until the weather breaks, but would love to have someone that is doing it at the same time. What time of day do you plan on running?

Thanks for joining. I will be using the treadmill too. I plan on running most days at 5:30 am. How about you?

• acarmon55
    Options
    I am not a morning runner. I will run after work about between 3-5 on most days. So have you already completed today's run?
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've been planning to start ... so this is a great opportunity. I know you all will leave me in the dust as I will probably have to repeat some of the weeks...but that's ok. Planning to go out later today to attempt W1D1. I've been walking for a while so hopefully I'll be able to get through Week 1 without having to repeat it. There's a 5k in my city coming up in April that I would really love to participate in. Here to give and receive support. Good luck to all!
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    W1D1-Done! On the last running interval I was halfway up this tough mountain hill and knew I wouldn't be able to get up it jogging (I was breathing hard just walking up it), so I turned around and jogged back down for the 2 minutes. Might have been a slight cheat but I'll take it.
  • martina1411
    martina1411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just done week one, day two of the c25k and I managed it all! I actually cheered when I finished the last run, much to the bemusement of the dog walkers. My little doggy is muddy and knackered. I didn't realise how busy our park is at 6am. Would love to join you for mutual support
  • acarmon55
    Options
    AWESOME everyone!!! Did week 1 day 1 yesterday afternoon on the treadmill. I had to make myself stop at the end of it because I wanted to do more, but want to dedicate to doing this program and doing it right. I walked at 4 mph and ran at 6.5 to try and slow myself down some. The good news is my knee doesn't hurt near as bad as it has even with my old shoes. Looking forward to day 2. What is everyone doing on their "off" days from C25K? I was thinking of starting Insanity.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    So I didn't get to run yesterday for reasons beyond my control. :( The plan is to go this evening. I'm running today, even if I have to run outside in the cold!!! :s

Great job to everyone on their progress so far. (*) (*)

• fit4life_73
    Options
    I've been planning to start ... so this is a great opportunity. I know you all will leave me in the dust as I will probably have to repeat some of the weeks...but that's ok. Planning to go out later today to attempt W1D1. I've been walking for a while so hopefully I'll be able to get through Week 1 without having to repeat it. There's a 5k in my city coming up in April that I would really love to participate in. Here to give and receive support. Good luck to all!

I'm right there with you about repeating the weeks. I feel like I'm already behind, but its all good.

....and sometimes a hill can feel like a mountain. LOL Good job for even trying that on day 1 (*)

• ljjackson601
    ljjackson601 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today! #outofshape
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    @fit4life_73: Thanks! Hope you're able to get out today.
    Yeah everyone ... let's keep it up.
  • Moveintothelight
    Moveintothelight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did the first two days starting on Jan 22, I am doing WID3 tonight! I will join you!
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Started Monday (Jan 26th), today was Day 2/Week 1. Hoping to get Day 3 in either Friday or Saturday. I walked Tuesday at a very brisk pace so today my legs were feeling like Jello.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have recently started as well, will be doing day 3 tonight.
  • tehwonderball
    tehwonderball Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I started today! I'm using the treadmill and I want to up it every couple of weeks. I'm starting at 3.5 walk and 5.5 run.
  • tehwonderball
    Options
    acarmon55 wrote: »
    AWESOME everyone!!! Did week 1 day 1 yesterday afternoon on the treadmill. I had to make myself stop at the end of it because I wanted to do more, but want to dedicate to doing this program and doing it right. I walked at 4 mph and ran at 6.5 to try and slow myself down some. The good news is my knee doesn't hurt near as bad as it has even with my old shoes. Looking forward to day 2. What is everyone doing on their "off" days from C25K? I was thinking of starting Insanity.
    I'm doing Zumba and weights on days off from C25k. :)
  • dexteropolis
    dexteropolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started this weekend and I will do W2D1 tomorrow. I noticed that those of you posting how fast you were walking/running is way faster than what I was doing. I am super out of shape (and have over 50lbs to lose) so I was doing 3mph walk and 3.5 jog on treadmill, is that too slow?
  • acarmon55
    Options
    I started this weekend and I will do W2D1 tomorrow. I noticed that those of you posting how fast you were walking/running is way faster than what I was doing. I am super out of shape (and have over 50lbs to lose) so I was doing 3mph walk and 3.5 jog on treadmill, is that too slow?

I have always heard you should be able to carry conversation. If you go faster and can't carry conversation then you are where you need to be for now. As time goes by and you get in more shape you will be able to go faster. I am 5'10 so I just naturally walk fast and in order for me to feel like I am jogging I have to up it more. I got finished last night and didn't really feel like I had exercised because I have been pushing it harder. You have to go at your own pace for what is right for you and just getting started don't push too hard because you don't want injury. The biggest thing is that you are getting started so keep it up and you will get where you want to be!!!
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    Did Zumba today instead of c25k. Plan to get back at it tomorrow.