Bullet Proof Coffee

Options
13»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    Me too. I do half the oil and butter so I can have TWO cups for same macros.

Oh how brilliant! Why did I not think of that. Of course I also didn't realize you kinda need a blender to bring out all the heavenly goodness. What a difference a few seconds in the magic bullet make! Was so sad our hydro was out today and I couldn't make one. Coffee is just not the same without it.

I started to drink it to get my calories up. Now I've lost weight and my limits are much lower but I drink it because I love it. It is the one thing that is always figured into my macros first, then everything else. :smile:

I have taken to doing mine in a water bottle so I can be mobile with it. I measure out 2.5 oz of heavy whipping cream and 1 TBSP of coconut oil. I shake the crap out of it until the cream is essentially whipped (feel no movement in the bottle when shaking it. I do this while my tea is brewing, but you could easily do it with your coffee. Then, I add in a few ounces of my hot beverage, and shake until I hear the coconut oil stop "thumping" and feel the temperature of the bottle drop a bit. Then I add about half of my remaining hot beverage and shake for all I'm worth. Then the final bit, and again, shake until you get that visible froth. It takes a little effort, but it's a arm workout, right? ;)

My coconut oil stays well suspended, just as if I'd made it with a blender. I might be able to do more and/or add butter, but I upped my heavy cream to compensate. It adds a few carbs over the others, but is much easier for "on the go." I've done this now 4-5 business days and am very happy with the results.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I have taken to doing mine in a water bottle so I can be mobile with it. I measure out 2.5 oz of heavy whipping cream and 1 TBSP of coconut oil. I shake the crap out of it until the cream is essentially whipped (feel no movement in the bottle when shaking it. I do this while my tea is brewing, but you could easily do it with your coffee. Then, I add in a few ounces of my hot beverage, and shake until I hear the coconut oil stop "thumping" and feel the temperature of the bottle drop a bit. Then I add about half of my remaining hot beverage and shake for all I'm worth. Then the final bit, and again, shake until you get that visible froth. It takes a little effort, but it's a arm workout, right? ;)

My coconut oil stays well suspended, just as if I'd made it with a blender. I might be able to do more and/or add butter, but I upped my heavy cream to compensate. It adds a few carbs over the others, but is much easier for "on the go." I've done this now 4-5 business days and am very happy with the results.

ooooooo good to know! Good to know!! I'm going away for a wedding this summer and we invariably travel a lot in the summer. Guess I'll have to get my arms up to speed and test this before we leave. That way the bf won't think I'm totally nuts trying to pack the magic bullet! Though I must say, I am lucky he is my biggest supporter, no matter how crazy my plans seem to others.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use a milk frother for coffee with coconut oil. Battery-powered, compact and easy to clean.

ETA: I usually have 16oz coffee with 2tbsp hwc and 7-14g of extra virgin coconut oil.

kw5o67ud0g7b.jpg
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BP coffee rules. I love putting gelatin in it as well.

It doesn't necessarily feel "full" but since I hate breakfast, it's a nice substitute. I also don't put in as much fat as others might. Mostly I don't like to eat until noon anyway.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Lately, my favorite BPC is 4 oz. Chameleon Cold Brew Mocha 4 oz. water, 2 T. HWC and 1T ea butter and coconut oil. I get sad when I run out. So sad. :(
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Oh how brilliant! Why did I not think of that. Of course I also didn't realize you kinda need a blender to bring out all the heavenly goodness. What a difference a few seconds in the magic bullet make! Was so sad our hydro was out today and I couldn't make one. Coffee is just not the same without it.

I started to drink it to get my calories up. Now I've lost weight and my limits are much lower but I drink it because I love it. It is the one thing that is always figured into my macros first, then everything else. :smile:

I am totally going to have to try this method!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I am totally going to have to try this method!

Now, this does have 5 grams of carbs from the HWC, but in the grand scheme of my day, it's pretty balanced. My overall macro at breakfast is like 5% carbs, 95% fat...and balances out under at the end of the day.

But yeah, I'm a fan. I got the idea from figuring out different "lazy" ways to whip my cream...whisking by hand in a tiny cup is NO FUN!