Egg Fast

Options
2»

Replies

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I bumped myself out of Keto last weekend (much needed {and appreciated}) girls weekend. I'm back at it working hard to get back into Keto and think once I've been there for a few days, I'll try the egg fast. Anyone else thinking of going for it? Maybe we can commiserate together?
  • WillowValley
    Options
    I haven't read the link yet.. getting ready to. So the egg fast, isn't where you fast FROM eggs, but you eat more?? I could do it. I haven't been eating many. I will definitely keep this mind, as Minerva said, for future plateaus! *hugs*
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My egg fast chewed up a bunch of time searching the inter webs for egg recipes. It unfortunately did not chew anything off my *kitten*. On an up note....buffalo egg salad is the bomb.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nice to stumble upon this. My wt. loss has stalled and I am looking for a re-boot. I have kept it off but want to lose 1-2lb/week. Any other ways to re-boot- please share them with me. Reading the info on the egg fast right now.

Tks for any pointers.

-Dawl
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    dawlfin318 wrote: »
    Nice to stumble upon this. My wt. loss has stalled and I am looking for a re-boot. I have kept it off but want to lose 1-2lb/week. Any other ways to re-boot- please share them with me. Reading the info on the egg fast right now.

Tks for any pointers.

-Dawl

A 24 hour water fast does it for me. Works every time I try it.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    dawlfin318 wrote: »

Tks for any pointers.

-Dawl

A 24 hour water fast does it for me. Works every time I try it.

I hope this helps,

Thanks Dan! I may try that.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is always IF in the form of a daily eating window. I've been doing a 16:8. I eat my calories between noon and 7 or 8pm. I'm not sure if it was me upping my fat or the IF, but after things poking along to the tune of two-tenths of a pound a week (if that) for a long while, things have started moving downward faster again.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the link yet.. getting ready to. So the egg fast, isn't where you fast FROM eggs, but you eat more?? I could do it. I haven't been eating many. I will definitely keep this mind, as Minerva said, for future plateaus! *hugs*
    Yes, the egg fast and fat fast is the exact opposite of what you think it is!
    I like the egg fast way compared to fat fast, although it basically is the same concept...getting your carbs to zero, minimal protein, and high fat.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    There is always IF in the form of a daily eating window. I've been doing a 16:8. I eat my calories between noon and 7 or 8pm. I'm not sure if it was me upping my fat or the IF, but after things poking along to the tune of two-tenths of a pound a week (if that) for a long while, things have started moving downward faster again.

Yeah, that is a good way too. I try to practice that a little too. One other thing that I probably didn't post correctly. I say 24 hour water fast. That isn't what I do actually. That would have me eating every day. Actually what I do is, I skip an entire day ~ from eating. So, if I eat my last meal today at 6:00 pm (Monday), I won't eat until sometime Wednesday. I even hold out as long as noon (or longer) on Wednesday. So I guess technically, that's a 36 hour fast.

I hope this helps,

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    In response to breaking plateaus... I cut out dairy for a while but I know dairy doesn't affect everyone the same.

I know IF really helped the bf when he had been stalled for over a year!! He started with an 8 hour eating window and felt so great he gradually reduced it to a one hour eating window. He did that for about 6 months but then found his energy (and other things) low so he's gone back up to about a 6 hour window and has never felt better. He actually has to watch he doesn't lose too much weight now! So every now and then he just has a "cheat weekend". Also about once every couple of weeks he does what Dan the Man does and will just skip a day of eating basically.

HTH