February 2015 Miles tracking

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
Tomorrow is the start of February.

I'm setting myself the challenge of walking 130 miles this month.
In January I exceed the 100 miles challenge, so I wanted to push myself a little more this coming month.... anyone else fancy joining in?

Set yourself a goal & walk, swim, run or crawl, but do whatever you can to meet the goal :smiley:

I have set up a spreadsheet, just add your name & goal & I will make sure the formulas work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lhJ3_-j1rz9qeGBfUVhlMugfR5jvorYO3KwGCAsJFy8/edit#gid=0

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    No permission, in the top right under the share tab you need to set it so people with the link can edit and then post the "shareable" link. Otherwise we can't see. I will post this up in the announcements.

My goal for Feb is 111 miles. To reach my goal for the year I need to do 100 miles a month so my goal reflects the 100 miles I need for Feb + the 11 miles I was short in Jan. My runs are getting longer as I am getting closer to the half marathon and in theory the weather should be improving soon so hopefully I can get out for more walks and runs.
  • HatherM
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is 117.5 miles or 188km. I will know how much I am short from January at the end of this evening.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Spreadsheet works! Love the new format.
  • thekatielong
    Options
    I really would like to thank you for this challange, I actually enjoy it plus I like to see my progress with my distance. I went from 0 to 20 in no time. For this month I am going to try to do 81 miles since it's my sisters birthday this month and she was born in 81 hehehe B)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Managed a solid 6.6 miles on the treadmill today. I popped a movie on Netflix and muddled my way through. It wasn't a very good run, it ended up more like intervals but I got it done and am done with week 4 of half marathon training! 8 weeks until race day.
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you HatherM! I like the new format too. I'm putting the same goal as last month: 65 miles.
  • neurex
    Options
    For this month I am going to try to do 81 miles since it's my sisters birthday this month and she was born in 81 hehehe B)

I didn't see your goal on the chart, so I just added it. Cheers.

• mamarundrc
    Options
    1.5 miles treadmill intervals, 1.5 miles snowblowing my damn driveway. I am sick of snow, got another 13 or so inches today to leave us at ~50 inches in the last 10 days.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm setting my February goal at my regular 65 plus the 23 I came up short last month. 88 miles in total to catch up. I realize it's a short month and that's pretty steep but the weather is becoming nicer and the sun is staying longer. Tomorrow I'm attempting my first run since breaking my toe, so I may re-work my numbers as things progress. Another 10K in less than 2 weeks
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'll keep up with logging, but hopefully it will help me move more!
  • thekatielong
    Options
    Good luck jemSurf I hope your toe healed well and you can be back to normal now. I know broken bones are no fun and I can't imagine a toe :(

Thank you for adding me neurex, I don't sign on my computer everyday so I keep my miles in my planner till I do :) For some reason I cannot add to the doc page on my phone.

Smdelzer I thought so too, but it really burned a fire under my butt because I'm working towards something. If you don't log in to a computer everyday, you can do what I do, just keep your tally in a planner or calendar and when you do sign on you can just log it then :)
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My goal is at least 200 miles on the bike
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Didn't walk/jog today, but am happy I got a Jillian Michaels' workout :smile:
  • HatherM
    Options
    larosa217 wrote: »
    Great Goal! :smile:

• HatherM
    Options
    smdelzer wrote: »

That's great, it all helps :smile:

• jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    smdelzer wrote: »

I love those workouts.
  • neurex
    Options
    larosa217 wrote: »

I'm glad you are joining in!
  • Lisa0Anne
    Lisa0Anne Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cool Just found out community is on mobile now I have been gone but I'm back noe I would like to join February miles challenge and I will challenge myself to run 66 miles.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I love seeing so many people joining in on this challenge!

Tuesday I set out to do 4 miles on the treadmill. After 2.5 I was having some shin pain on my left leg so I finished off with 0.5 miles walking at a 12 incline so I would have no impact. My heart rate stayed in the the zone I wanted and my shin felt a million times better.

No miles Wednesday, that is Yoga day and with the 4 feet of snow outside there is no room to walk after work.

I got back on the treadmill today, 4.1 mile run no problem with my shin. I got a nice start to this month. Now to keep the momentum going!