February 2015 Miles tracking

2»

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    jemsurf wrote: »
    Officially signed up for my first Half-Marathon April 11. :D I'm super anxious and ready to tackle it. I should be at 100% health by then.

Woohoo!
  • mamarundrc
    Falling off a bit with my half marathon training. Been battling a nasty cold the last week/ week and a half and I am afraid if I push it will blow up into a bad case of bronchitis. So I will definitely be short on my miles this week. I finally feel almost 100% I am skipping my long run today and am going to try and easy back in to doing shorter runs this week. If I am still feeling good by the end of the next week I will go back to my regularly scheduled half marathon training. Race is only 5 weeks away but I figure it is better to scale back for a couple of weeks instead of pushing and then not being able to do the race at all (which actually happened for this same race last year).
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    okijzv7ab1lb.jpg
    My DIY project to myself for my birthday on Saturday, and I made a matching one for my sister. I guess now the only thing to do is get more medals :-)
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Nice project Jen!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Way to go @larosa217 on reaching your February miles goal. That's bad *kitten*!!!
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks @jemsurf‌

I wasn't sure if I was going to make it after the doctor told me I had to take the week off from riding. Now to push it over the top the rest of this week!

Also, I'll be attending a class at REI tomorrow evening so that I can possibly get back into running.
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    While you are looking into things to do to inform your form, maybe look into strengthening your hips. It has made a TON of difference for me.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will plan on adding hip exercises.

• neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Officially signed up for my first Half-Marathon April 11. :D I'm super anxious and ready to tackle it. I should be at 100% health by then.

Yay!!

• mamarundrc
    okijzv7ab1lb.jpg
    My DIY project to myself for my birthday on Saturday, and I made a matching one for my sister. I guess now the only thing to do is get more medals :-)

LOVE IT!