Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
Intermediates introduce yourselves here.

Replies

• NoMoreFear11
    Options
    Hey team! My name is Lara and this is my third Walking Dead Challenge. I just can't get enough of it! I'm on Team Carol, because she is one bad b*tch. She is strong, not only physically but also mentally. She has a caring side but she does not let her emotions rule her life. She does what she has to do.

Enough on my girl crush on Carol. I am 27 years old and have been overweight a significant part of my life. I struggle constantly with weight because I like food and I am often too lazy to cook for myself (admitting it is the first step right?). Anyway, I enjoy working out but my schedule often leaves me exhausted. I know I need to fight through that and work out more, but that lazy thing gets at me.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    What up ZOMBIE killers. I'm Darin. I had joined the last Walking Dead Challenge but had to withdraw due to injuries from a car crash. Im back for more. Went with Daryl this go around. Have a lot of work to do. It has been a rough recovery and pounds have gone on. Time to get them back off.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm glad I found this lol, I was on the other one. But hello my name is Cheyanne, I'm married to an awesome sweet guy who has helped me through my journey and I have a little girl who will be two years old in May. I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow but I still plan on doing this and trying to remain healthy through my pregnancy. With dd I was lucky to only gain 18lbs but I've noticed I've gained faster and quicker with this one and I really need to get back to eating healthy and working out. I love the walking dead and I also love this challenge, so i'm really excited to do this again with all of you :)

And I will have to say I am on Team Rick again, he's always a bad butt.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Patti and this is my 3rd go-round with this challenge. I belong to several challenge groups on MFP, but nothing gets me movin' and motiviated like this one. My first 1/2 season, I lost 11 pounds. Sadly I gained nearly all of it back while recovering from surgery. Last 1/2 season, I got back down to my pre-surgery weight. I've got about 10# left to hit goal weight, and will be trying to up my strength minutes.

I was on Team Beth, but made the transition to Maggie after Beth's demise. A challenge within a challenge for me this time will be that we've recently axed cable, so I'll be watching each episode when it airs on Amazon Instant Video or Google play - staying away from the spoiler thread will be tricky.

A little personal info - I'm a 45 year old mother of 3 and a grandmother of 2. I totally love it when strangers assume my granddaughters are my own children (because really, I'm too young to be a grandma!) While I've done every 'diet' in the book, but it wasn't until I made a lifestyle change that I was able to maintain the loss.

Let's go, I don't just want to survive this zombie apocolypse, but thrive!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm Tiffany. I'm 28. I'm fat. I've lost just under 50lbs since starting MFP in August. This is my 2nd Walking Dead challenge. This challenge really motivates me as I am super competitive! I quit dieting and exercising after this challenge (taking Thanksgiving and Christmas off). I didn't start back up until mid January so technically I'm starting all over with my exercising which is really going to hurt me when it comes to strength training, but...hey...a little hard work never killed anyone! I treadmill A LOT so I'm never really worried about my cardio. I can't wait to see the second half of the season and to start this challenge! Team Daryl ...because he is H.O.T <3

It's great to see some returning faces! :)
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Congrats!!!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Mary, 51 married with 2 kids. I just found this group and it sounds like a lot of fun. I love the walking dead. Team Daryl, yes he is hot and so cool ! I'm not sure what to expect with this challenge but am ready to go.

I have a lot of weight to lose (80lbs) and have just recently gotten into the zone. I'm finally accepting that this is a lifestyle change. I want to lose this weight so that I can enjoy golfing and cycling.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Barbara and this is my second challenge. This time I decided to move up to intermediate. I have struggled with my weight loss my whole life and when my daughter turned one I lost 59lbs on WW then I got stuck gained 10lbs and came here last January! I lost it but guess what I got stuck again. After the last challenge I fell off on exercise. I am getting married on Valentine's Day (1 month of planning only) in Times Square so I would like to be close to my original goal of 175 that day. I rejoined WW and finally broke the 180 mark!!!! But I love my community here so I still check in here! Last challenge intermediates kept losing but I have hope as a team we will get these zombies!!!'
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Congrats!!!

Thank you! :smile:
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    I am getting married on Valentine's Day (1 month of planning only) in Times Square!'

Congrats!

Well Beginners did pretty well last challenge so maybe if we all join the Intermediates then Intermediates will kill it this time around! :)
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Mrscheyfleming & BMercy21 on expanding your families :)

Nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones too! Let's do this!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Kelsea, and I am 23 years old. Sadly, it took me until a month ago to be introduced to this AMAZING show. Now, I am caught up in the seasons and slightly obsessed with the story line. It is just so good! For this reason, I am incredibly excited to compete in this challenge. I am team Daryl, because, in my opinion, he is the most badass character on the show, and I have a huge crush on Norman Reedus.
    Good luck to all!!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone my name is Barbara and this is my second challenge. This time I decided to move up to intermediate. I have struggled with my weight loss my whole life and when my daughter turned one I lost 59lbs on WW then I got stuck gained 10lbs and came here last January! I lost it but guess what I got stuck again. After the last challenge I fell off on exercise. I am getting married on Valentine's Day (1 month of planning only) in Times Square so I would like to be close to my original goal of 175 that day. I rejoined WW and finally broke the 180 mark!!!! But I love my community here so I still check in here! Last challenge intermediates kept losing but I have hope as a team we will get these zombies!!!'

Congrats!! That's exciting :)
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I'm back for a second go-round at this challenge. Last 1/2 season I started well as MVP, but I had WAY too much on my plate with school, wedding, honeymoon, job, family.... I lost 8 pounds, but over the holidays, I think I've gained it all back. My goal this time is to get under 200 pounds. I haven't seen onederland for years and it would be such an awesome benchmark to meet. I am currently 219, so that's over 2 pounds a week which is a very high goal, but I am determined to see that 199.9!!!!
    I always go for Michonne because she is such a tough lady! I'll be putting up a new profile picture on Sunday to rep my team character. I look forward to working with everyone!
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jenn....I was here for the last challenge. Just found this new one today. Hopefully I am all signed up :smile: I stuck with Team Daryl this time around as well. Last challenge, I worked my butt off, but my diet wasn't the greatest. I ended up gained 11lbs :( People are trying to tell me that some of that is muscle, well I doubt it, but either way, I am ready to get my butt back in gear. I have a family vacation in California in June and would really like to get some weight off for that. I think this challenge this time will really help me focus on that!
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A challenge within a challenge for me this time will be that we've recently axed cable, so I'll be watching each episode when it airs on Amazon Instant Video or Google play - staying away from the spoiler thread will be tricky.!
    We have this in common! I am hoping the waiting doesn't drive me crazy!!!

Hi, I'm Julie, a 35 yr old mother of two lovely girls. I have been obese or overweight my whole life except for when I got down to my healthy goal range back in 2008-2009, proving to myself it was possible! But then I got pregnant with my now 4 year old, and two babies later am looking to get back down to a healthier range!

I have about 50 lbs to lose to get where I'd like to be. I struggle with motivation, and most of all with overeating, but this challenge and its friendly competition really motivated me last round, so I know it will again! This time, I've promoted myself to intermediate level, and I'm excited to see a bunch of others from last rounds beginner team have done the same--lovely to see you all again!

Oh, and I'm team Carl, as I was last time. Derba-derba-derp! (And my hubby is officially joining this round, too, so I'm excited to have that extra motivator right at home with me, and for us both getting healthier together, and setting a good example for the kiddies! He's gonna be Carl, too, so we can do our challenges together!)

Now, let's kick butt!
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Welcome back team! Good to see your familiar and new faces. I'm Sara and I was the captain for the intermediates last challenge. I'm not sure if I will be this time but I'm here for all who have questions. This is my 5th zombie challenge? I'm up on my weight and my goal is to get under 200 lbs. I'm doing advanced this challenge and am team Carol. Welcome everyone!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I got kicked out of Onederland over the holidays so that's my goal as well.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    And I think the sign up sheet is complete. A few peeps are still deciding, but everyone please go take a peek and check that I have your names and choices correct before we start.