Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is my second TWD challenge, and I want to start by saying just how much I loved the last one, and how appreciative I was to Cindy and the team captains for keeping it going. Quite a bit of work! I was in the beginner group last time, finding it easy to hit minimums in the beginning, struggling with strength at the end. But I've since put much more time into a strength training routine and I feel ready for intermediate.

I just turned 36. Despite being a thin child and healthy through college, I've spend the last 15 years overweight to varying degrees, at my heaviest a year ago. I started changing my life in May, joined MFP in July, and have since lost 55 lbs. I have another 30 to get to where I would be comfortable. I love working out. I largely do zumba, hit the treadmill, and some free weights and machine weights. I am looking forward to spring to spend more of my cardio time outdoors with my kids.

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Cindy, you put me on team Carl not Carol. Stupid one vowel separator. Lol
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    And I think the sign up sheet is complete. A few peeps are still deciding, but everyone please go take a peek and check that I have your names and choices correct before we start.

Everything looks good however quick question I am following WW this time around so instead of calories can I post my points?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bmercy21 wrote: »
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    And I think the sign up sheet is complete. A few peeps are still deciding, but everyone please go take a peek and check that I have your names and choices correct before we start.

Everything looks good however quick question I am following WW this time around so instead of calories can I post my points?
    Whatever works for you. One of the challenges every week is to stay with your calorie goals. In your case, that will be within your "points" goals.

• SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Starts tonight!!! So excited!!! It's suppose to be a good one!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Happy to be back on the intermediate team! :) I need this to re-motivate myself to do strength training!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow, can't believe what happened this episode
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    We have this in common! I am hoping the waiting doesn't drive me crazy!!!

Hey Julebg - it wasn't terrible. Caught it on Google Play about 3pm this afternoon for just over two bucks. It also helps that I'm always running around on Sunday nights, so seldom ever watched it live anyway. The most tricky part was not logging into MFP until after I watched the episode.

Hat tip to Cindy for working the magic to show/hid the spoilers on the challenge :)

• Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok so last challenge I did beginner and this time around I felt compelled to challenge myself a bit but this time around I teach my regular day and the after school program. Then sit in traffic to get home to my 3 year old and prep for the next day. I was going to excuse myself this week being in doing last minute wedding things but I feel I can meet atlrast the minimum requirements if I add some cardio into my day and class. I probably won't have much left over but after this week my eyes are MVP! Lol and please remember to log in!!!! Let's do this
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Yes, don't forget to check in on sat evenings!
  • admiralducksauce
    Options
    I'm Adam, Julie's aforementioned husband. Carl all the way (was there ever an "eat 10 pounds of pudding" challenge?).
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Cindy, you put me on team Carl not Carol. Stupid one vowel separator. Lol
    Fixed. Lol.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I completely intend on the intermediates kicking butt this week and winning the challenge, so I thought I would suggest some punishments for the other teams once we get to pick their punishment! I hate burpees, so I am all for those as a punishment. I also saw this nice zombie apocalypse workout that might get the losers butts in gear. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-chawICzWpxw/VK6TZtqYB2I/AAAAAAAC8I4/10GDddTfft0/w800-h800/zombie-survival-workout.jpg
  • maphammonds
    Options
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like it too!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have already notified our team captain, but I wanted to let my team know as well. I will not be participating in the challenges this week. My baby cousin passed over the weekend. She was only 2. She was such an angel and we all miss her so much. Needless to say my priorities have been with my family. I will still be posting and supporting because reading helps me take my mind off things...even if only briefly. I just don't have the strength to exercise! I have attached a picture because I wanted all of you to see how beautiful she was! She was so precious!

9qm8k1i1myfy.jpg

• ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee - I am so sorry for your loss. :(
  • maphammonds
    Options
    I'm so sorry @MsTiffamee‌ My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this time!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss MsTiffamee. She is beautiful. Take care of yourself and your family.