Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, February 2nd - 8th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone!! I know I am posting this a bit early today but I have an insane next 48hrs coming up.....I do not think I will get to post tomorrow, as I am working my usual shift, but then I have a meeting after work from 7-9:30ish, and then have to be back into work for 6am Tuesday, which is normally my day off, for inventory....and its a long day, 10 hours at least....then back in for my normal shift Wednesday.....so I am gonna be one tired grump by Tuesday afternoon....but at least then it is over....for another three months! So, here are my goals for this week:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday except for tomorrow
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times (If I only make it twice because I am too tired Tuesday I am ok with that, but I am going to try)
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day, and try for my 20K step badge on Thursday
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm every night this week

So, there it is folks.....wish me luck, lol

Weekly Mini Goal

Dance like nobody is watching!! One 30 minute dance session, in your house, when you cannot get out to exercise one day this week!! Tell us what music you danced to!

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    last week was just a bust for me, being told to lighten up on work outs sucks. and I feel as I have more pain now then before.

1. go to a aqua class 5 days this week.
    2. track all my food for the whole week ( i was bad last week)
    3. get 10k in steps a day for the whole week
    4. eat more fruit and veggies
    5. post here every day.

I love the mini goal so I'm going to be dancing a lot because I love to zumba lol
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to ride the stationary bike at least 5 days this week. It really seems to help reduce swelling in my legs.

The timing of the dancing mini goal is really ironic because yesterday I was at a family party where the teens were playing Just Dance and I was the only adult playing with them. I got a 45 minute workout to burn off some of the party food while the other adults just sat and watched.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    • Log all of my meals at least one day in advance. This worked extremely well last week.
    • Walk to work everyday and walk home at least three times.
    • No eating out. I'm on the last week of my home cooking challenge and want to finish off strong. I might continue the challenge for longer.

I am trying a couple new recipes today. First, I tried "crack" slaw. I found a recipe that's super delicious and uses up some extra fresh ginger I have. It really does taste like the inside of an egg roll. Then I made ice cream with a black bean brownie mix, coconut milk and frozen bananas. After making my own butter and buttermilk, I made some biscuits (the Red Lobster kind). So, so good. And I'm freezing them so I'm not tempted to eat them all in one sitting. Meal prep today was a success!

I love dancing to get in extra steps! Sounds like a wonderful challenge this week.
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love this! I am new.
    My weekly goals:
    1. Drink all my water and nothing but water
    2. Logging all my food
    3. Go to bed on workdays by 10 and trying to sleep the whole night. -This will be my biggest challenge since I have been suffering from insomnia lately.
  • shballa
    Options
    jocoblossoming - What is the recipe for crack slaw? Sounds good.
  • zilannoj
    Options
    shballa, here's the recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863

I didn't use any sweetener. I'm going to put it on some rice and go to town tomorrow night.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Welcome WVMountain!!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    no aqua class for me today, the YMCA canceled it because if the school here has a 2 hour delay then all am classes up till 1 pm are canceled. ahh this stinks
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds last week. I honestly believe my scale is lying to me because I know how I ate last week! I bet if I get on it tomorrow morning it will show a two pound gain. Whatevs, my measurements are still the same as last month.

This week I want to get to the gym four times and continue with healthy eating in the evening - no cheating like I did last week!

Shballa - I've always wanted to try Just Dance! It sounds like so much fun!
  • zilannoj
    Options
    Skittles, I hope you are able to get some activity in today. Maybe get in some of the dancing challenge :)

That's excellent, FloraJL! Keep it up.
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome WVMountain!!
    Thanks!

• shballa
    Options
    FloraJL - Just Dance is a lot of fun, especially when my 16 & 19 yo daughters hate that I beat them. It's really not a matter of skill, just being able to keep the beat.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today's update. . Ugh. That is all.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    OK folks I made it out alive (barley).....running on less than two hours of sleep and kinda cranky, but at the end of it!

I did not go to the gym today and I will not make my step count, and I was eating crap last night and again this afternoon, and dinner is not looking too healthy either, lol

But, I am ok with that, and have a plan to get back on track tomorrow.....this last 48 hrs was brutal, but, it is also over....and for that, I am thankful....I have one more little job to do, and then I am making a pot of chilli and cleaning the kitchen and then having out on the sofa for a few hours.....

However tomorrow I am back on my eating plan, and my 10K steps, and to the gym Thursday and Friday (and maybe Sunday one more time to make up for today).

Flora, any loss is a good loss, good for you!

Matt, I feel ya! You ok??

Skittles, we have snow literally knee deep everywhere.....and expecting more, the whole city shut down yesterday....the schools, banks, even the YMCA was literally just shut down all day......
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    wow that stinks with the snow. today was a nice day with out snow, but tomorrow snow is coming back. ( crosses fingers that my classes are still on )

today I did fitness boxing plus my aqua zumba tone and I walked for for 40 mins. I also tracked all my food and plus for a snack tonight I have a delicious pear

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Alright, after two long sleepless, busy, stressful days and not getting my step count in and eating crappy.....I am back....glad I made it to the other side lol

On another note, we got MORE snow....we are buried over here!!
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    ok, I'm back in the game. Had a rough couple of days, but got past it late yesterday and I'm back on the wagon. haven't been able to run due to the weather this week but I've started a exercise regimen with my daughter, so we'll see how well that goes (she's a cheerleader in high school, so physically the opposite of me. all limber and in shape). I can take her on the runs though :)
  • astro_katie
    Options
    Hi! Newbie here!

My goals are:
    1. Attend my 2 water physio sessions
    2. Log everything I eat
    3. Chew on gum when I'm 'Bored Hungry' instead of over eating
    4. Try for 1 bottle of plain water a day (terrible at drinking it! Working on it)

I'll give the dancing mini challenge a go, I managed an awkward nutbush a couple of months ago on crutches, I should be able to do it again....10 times. Lol

Weeks already coming to a close, hope everyone is well
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    oh I almost forgot, I've got a 5K coming up on the 21st. looking forward to getting back into it. wife has a bike ride this weekend with little to no prep.
  • zilannoj
    Options
    Welcome, astro_katie!

Italian_buju, I hope you got some much needed sleep.

matfatcowboy, glad you're back on the wagon. Good luck on the 5k coming up!

I danced for about an hour last night. Song of the night: Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem. I love the odd buildup.

Last night, I did not want to walk home, but I did anyway. I was in a horrible mood until I made dinner. Lately, I'm in love with these wraps I make with feta, chicken, bacon, red bell peppers and roasted garlic. And how can I forget pesto? So good.

This week is going well. Work is difficult. Last night, I wanted to just order a pizza and call it a night, but I haven't given in for the past seven months, and I don't think I'll do that now. I'm learning that discipline is like a muscle and using it at first SUCKS but after that, I am much stronger than what I thought controlled me.

So far, a pretty good week. I'm going to end it strong.