February Challenge - Weigh-in; Report #1- Baseline

Options
Okay, I'll start the baseline report. We will only have 5 reports total. Be sure to check in on Tuesdays and tell us how you are doing.

2/3/15: 151.5
Goal 3/3/15: 147.5

I'm starting off at 151.5. My goal is 4 pounds but that will be tough as I'm starting to get to the 1/2 pound a week mark (even with my fitbit saying I have enough deficit for 1 pound a week). That is just an estimate and can't know our individual metabolisms.

I am also going to add: Meditation 3 times a week and Resistance Bands twice a week. Both are tough for me and I just let them slide.

Right now, here are our participants:

Jean
Sharon
GMgetsfit
Jet2003
Joan
Mryt
Wanda

If anyone else wants to jump in, please do!

56604121.png

Replies

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Awesome job and ambitious goals!

I weighed in at 165.1 this AM - just 3 lbs up from my lowest since August - and I am very encouraged. It's been a bumpy ride as my weight was much higher most of the year. I think MFP graphs are sooo helpful. Not to mention the support groups I've joined this year. It's been very difficult for me to get out of "I should be able to do this on my own" mode. But it seems that this time I've let myself out of the "should house". LOL

I would like to weigh 160 by the end of the month.

This is not me (below), but I'm thinking of taking a "before" photo today.

46l62nlu5wnm.jpg
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Friday back to my mall walking. I use to do it many years go and did really good. Two days a week when I don't have Kai and some bike riding in here and there.

Start at 294.4
    Goul 290
    That's a start for now . LINDA [JET2003]
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's how it's to be done.
    Start 152 as of 2:30 am. Oh hai cortisone side effect--insomnia.
    Goal: Walk 16666 steps per day
    At least maintain weight while on the medicine.
    74221029.png
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I need to do this, we will be traveling and that is always a tough challenge for eating and exercising habits.

Start: 169.5
    Goal: Keep doing over 10K steps per day even on long car ride days. Eat within my daily calories, no overages!

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It is with embarrassment that I am posting this. However if I want this to work I need to be honest with myself. Since I have dropped MFP and stopped going to CURVES I have gained. I did not weigh in until this AM. My fresh start: 226.7
    I'm actually excited about this and can not wait to see how I will do with the challenge!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    No need for embarassment, Wanda. We have all gained. I'm the Queen of Gains even when I am trying! It happens. Today is a new day and this is a new challenge. Good to be excited that is what motivates us.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone......Today I weigh 8 stone 6 pounds and have done over 10,000 steps...and lost a tooth.....lol....Eating soup and yogurt for the rest of the day so that might be a good thing...

Have a great week everyone...let's DO this! :D

Jean
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow! I never tell what I weigh, but I need to jump in on this because I'm finally getting serious. I had a rough January, gained 4 lbs!!! So this month I'm starting at 175 lbs, riding the exercise bike 25 min. daily this week, 30 min. next week, can start walking the following week 1/2 mile for a week, increase to 3/4 following. That is a far cry from 10,000 steps I'm used to doing, but I have to accept where I am. I am also doing my exercises for my neck, back and hip.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am Joni.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    OK here I am ... weighed 162.5 this morning (Tuesday morning) and so far I have gotten 40 minutes or more of exercise Feb. 1, 2 & 3... Increased exercise is my goal, minimum 40 minutes each day without missing any. ~ Kathy
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party (typical!), but would like to join in. My goal isn't really weight related, it's habit related.

In February, I plan on returning to logging faithfully, keeping my food intake about 1000 calories daily less than what Fitbit says I burn, and get back to walking a minimum of 12,000 (preferably 15,000) steps daily. Despite crappy weather and allergies grrrrrrrrrrr.

I'll also commit for the month to NO protein bar or Skinny Cow ice cream purchases or consumption. I've been having trouble controlling myself when they're available, and eating a box of them is simply not a good plan! I have no more left in the house (thank goodness).

If I can do this, the weight will follow. Good luck to all of us!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh in day is Saturday, so I will use that, crept up a pound last week, but am down 10 pounds from Christmas weight, and now weigh same as last September, so getting there slowly

Goal is lose about 7 pounds to get me 5 stones less than when I started MFP, did reach goal about a year ago, but failed to maintain it

Just walking and no booze should see me there again I hope
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    No change here today. I am having a hard time getting in steps today due to another snow storm but the snow shoveling made up for some of that. I plan to do a walk away the pounds dvd later tonight, as I slept in and won't be going to bed at my normal time. I should get that accomplished.

Congrats farway on being down 10 from Christmas, well done.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Great idea, Retire for dealing with the snow. For all of us who walk and the weather isn't cooperating here are my solutions:

1. Walk in place. Leslie Sansone's videos are all on Youtube. Pick one and go!
    2. Dance. I put on music and dance for 20-30 minutes to pick up extra burn and steps.
    3. Indoor tracks. My gym has one. I love it. Even when it gets too hot!
    4. Malls, office building, etc. Me and a couple of co-workers have started walking our one courthouse at lunchtime. The halls are empty. It is big, 7 stories. We walk there then (our buildings are attached with a tunnel between) then we start at the top and walk floor back and forth, down the stairs, to the next, etc. Great workout. Takes us 22-26 minutes.
  • I'd love to join in.
    My Feb 3rd weight was 196
    My goal for Feb is 191
    Also I would like to be able to get more steps in. Right now I 'm only getting around 2000 with my knees. My goal is to get up to about 5000
  • wandakc
    Options
    Doing well with my 30 minutes of excercise! Wearing my pedometer at work, I do do much walking. Yesterday I recorded 9230 steps, and burned over 300 calories! YAY
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    That's terrific Wanda! It is great to have an active job. Are you nursing again?
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge as well. My weight on Feb. 3 was 200.8 on the scale at TOPS. My plan is to log every day and to exercise at least 3 days a week.
  • wandakc
    Options
    Returning to work has been good for me. Bring active and wearing my pedometer has kept me motivated. Yes, I am back Nursing, this Dec 2015 I will have been a nurse for 40 years. Wow that's a long time, 2 more years then I will retire!! B)
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Welcome PrairiePride49. Sounds like a good plan. We will check in every Tuesday.

As for everyone else, it hope it has been a good week so far and have a good, healthy weekend. Don't know about you, but weekends are harder for me. Harder to get in steps since I'm not at work and I tend to want to sit and read! Also, my granddaughter has a birthday this weekend so there is a party!