Today is Day 100 of my low Carb lifestyle. I'm down 55 pounds.

Options

Replies

• rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    awesome! great job!
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    that gives me motivation, well done\!!!!!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!!!!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key, and so inspiring!! Great work!
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Hope my weight loss catches up soon. Been 22 days under 30 carbs a day and only 4 lost.
  • jonesphotog
    jonesphotog Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! Thanks for being so supportive and nice! I'll share with you a before and after:

http://i.imgur.com/YyhUX2D.jpg
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • nsoss
    nsoss Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

However, looking at your food diary, which is open for everyone to see ... there is so much processed food.

uce4lqin7hre.png

For long term health, it's important to eat real food. There's more to good nutrition that hitting the mark for percentages of fat, carbs and protein. A MacDonald's breakfast sausage may be low carb, but at what cost?
  • jonesphotog
    Options
    I agree 100%.
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Some days are just McDonalds kind of days. Chicken nuggets are my personal favorite! I've noticed the longer I eat low carb I'm starting to naturally move away from processed foods. They just don't taste as good anymore. I still rely on Atkins meal bars (I think of them as my low carb training wheels) but I know some day I won't need them anymore. Congrats on your progress, so awesome!
  • jonesphotog
    Options
    Thank you. Those McD days are the days I wake up late, and don't fix myself anything for breakfast. Compared to what I was eating 4 months ago, it's like night and day.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    you go rockstar
  • debhert
    debhert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You don't eat dinner? Aren't you starving at night?
  • nsoss
    nsoss Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you. Those McD days are the days I wake up late, and don't fix myself anything for breakfast. Compared to what I was eating 4 months ago, it's like night and day.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time and I believe you when you say this is a big change from four months ago and your weight loss is impressive. However, your diet is full of McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Bottled Ranch Dressing and other highly-processed foods. It's not just occasionally, but nearly every day. You state in your profile that you want to be healthy for your six kids. It's essential that you pay attention everything that's in your food, not just the carbohydrate and calorie count.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    In fairness, having worked at McDonald's, I can assure you that the round egg is just a real egg cooked on the grill. The sausage is probably no worse than any other sausage you'd be eating. Not sure why the cheese is so high-carb (relatively), so that's probably the worst of the lot. My biggest concern would be what the egg is cooked in (margarine) and not the actual egg, sausage, and cheese you intend to eat.
    SAUSAGE PATTY:
    Ingredients: Pork, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Corn Syrup Solids, Spices, Dextrose, Sugar, Spice Extractives), Preservatives (BHA, Citric Acid and Propyl Gallate).
    PASTEURIZED PROCESS AMERICAN CHEESE:
    Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic
    Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Natural Flavor (Dairy Source), Color Added, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

Meh, not the best for the cheese. The sausage is pretty standard (although I hate that they all have carbs added). But, everything is cooked with margarine.
  • jonesphotog
    Options
    I don't feel like you are giving me a hard time nsoss, isn't this journey all about eating healthier and being healthier? Without tips, ideas and insight from others we would all eventually be stuck in one place.

debhert, I usually do eat dinner, it just wasn't logged at that time.
  • kss3h
    kss3h Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone....Do you guys have any suggestions for breakfast and possibly casseroles I can make that will last throughout the week. Thanks.
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    great job jones and your before and after photo is awesome; keep up the great work
  • jonesphotog
    Options
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Congrats!!!!! :D