February Book

Options
13»

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished with In the Woods. I think I did guess the killer correctly, unless something changes; but I haven't figured out the older crime. I have a feeling there may be a twist at the end. I love driving around the Delta, too. I drove to the keys only once so far; it is a wonderful trip. Both the Delta and the Keys are unique and beautiful, but very different from each other. I feel very lucky to have seen both. Any thoughts on the new changes to MFP? I'm a bit afraid it might not be free for much longer; or that it will become too annoying to use the free version.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hope MFP doesnt change too much.. what are they planning?
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I keep getting a pop-up asking me to try MFP Premium for $9.99 a month. Also, I'm getting ads mixed in with my friends status feed; as if the ad is another friend. Are you not seeing these things? From what I can tell, Under Armour bought out MFP in February. Now they're offering the premium version for $10 a month or $50 a year. And, they are adding more annoying ads to everyone's feed, but offering the ad-free version in the Premium subscription. So, my guess is they will make the free MFP gradually more annoying with ads, and perhaps take away some features, until everyone gives up and pays the money. I'm sorry to see this happen. So many people have told me that their doctor or nutritionist recommended this site to them, so MFP has profited from all this great free referral business, but now it has the potential to become a bait and switch situation. Of course, I hate change to begin with. But, can you imagine paying for this service, when you think of how you have to search through a food database with all those inaccurate listings? They should have started some kind of quality control with that database before they asked people to pay, in my opinion.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How is every one doing?
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just doing great and you?

I finished the Buddha in the Attic in one afternoon. On to some other books I have checked out. Dont know how much reading I will want to do after May 26 when I get my next eye surgery. Yes the databases are ridculous on the site but it has really helped me stay on track overall. I dont see any popups but maybe theyre blocked on this computer