Misc. Chat Thread - Feb. / March 2015

Options
12345679»

Replies

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    I am looking to connect with other women who eat big and lift heavy. I keep getting requests from young ladies battling eating disorders and just want to surround myself with strong *kitten* women lifting heavy things. I haven't started the strong lifts program but will be doing squats with barbell today. I could use some friends here.

Hey! Welcome! We are friendly peeps here.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    mm food... though if I keep having to stare at rows of candy at work it's going to be a problem. I will be glad when it's summer because after easter up till they bring out the halloween candy we get a break in the promo aisle at least. Though whenever I cashier, I'm still in charge of facing the regular candy aisle.

Little babies are beyond adorable, though tad difficult to take passport pictures of, which I've had to do on rare occasion.

Tad stressed though, so all the chocolate covered eggs are tempting me. I'd like to find a new, cheaper place to live but my lease ends at the end of May. That's really soon and roommates are hard to come by, which is really the only way for rent to get cheaper as single person cashier income does not go well with the rent around here. I may slip into panic mode at some point. We'll just have to wait and see as I've got one potential that will be perfect but need some good luck to get things to work out.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    holy wow, brand new babies are cute. they don't do much, but they're like little styrofoam peanuts or something. this one's so new he's still got the shape of his original packaging.

I love this description. I think newborns look like tadpoles. Really cute ones :) Was nice of you to give the new parents a break and some adult interaction. I'm sure they were grateful.

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Missing y'all like crazy....
    0c07431ad6d244b5cd70db190b5b7f20c060fc3c08a4b2c7fd05b0d7ea6a31f8.jpg
  • threnjen
    Options
    What are you up to Court? School?

Also whatever happened to Logg1e? I haven't seen her in ages :(
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    I can't imagine the stress of a thesis. For my bachelor's degree, I had to do a capstone project and defend it in front of a committee that had one professor from each of my three areas of study. Didn't help the last year, the only legal studies professor I really took enough classes from left for a different university. I had an eye twitch the entire year from the stress of getting it all done and trying to get things in order to graduate.

and now I work in retail, so yeah....
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I think Logg1e took some time off lifting but I'm not sure. I miss her in here.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @Threnjen -- Yep. A final draft of my Master's thesis is due pretty much as soon as possible. I'm hoping to have everything done and to my committee no later than April 7. Then revisions and final final version signed off on by April 20.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am still lurking around here myself...although still not lifting :-( Cant wait to get back into a program and share with all you wonderful ladies again!
  • threnjen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry you're still recovering :( It totally sucks :(
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Worked out with my 14 yr old son today - fun! Except that he kept complaining about my Dumbbells. Says he won't do it again until I buy a barbell. Need to decide between a 6 &7 foot. Thinking of going with a six and trading up if necessary later. It was nice to have a partner for company and to check each other's form though! We had a little spat about what Netflix to have running in the background while we worked out. He wanted cartoons. I said NO WAY!
    Squat 5x5 50
    Bench press 5x5 45
    Row 5x5 35
    Some accessory work from a past pt for shin splints. Then had to run daughter to horse lesson. I think accessory work will help during this time while the lifts aren't as challenging. Thinking of increasing weight a bit on the rows as I started out low bc of unfamiliarity with that lift. I will watch some more vids to make sure I've got it & then increase maybe 10 more lbs hopefully next time.
    So grateful to have somewhere to share all of this!! Hope everyone has a good week studying, working, living life!
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Meant to put the above in dailies!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Month is ending but figured I would post in here on my friends first vacation day. Long day on 4 hours of sleep, two rockstars, hours stuck in car while grandpa drove and later a very small latte. Lunch was a delicious hamburger and fries from a small diner. I was craving a burger for over a week so was nice to finally get one. Hotel room is simple but nice. Somehow I got a room with two beds to myself and the beds are really tall. It is a bit of a climb but I shall enjoy sleep nonetheless (top of mattress is just above my waist by a smidge). After checking out some tulip farms and taking pictures, we had delicious seafood for dinner and I had chocolate mousse for dessert that my taste buds enjoyed and my stomach got grumpy over later, but still so worth it.

Funny thing I noticed. Attached to hotel is a crossfit location. Not what I expected to see tonight as we returned to the hotel. Almost curious on it but these 3 days are vacation, so I will keep the curiosity at bay.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    So much food today. Mexican food for lunch, peach scone and coffee for snack, followed by big ribeye at steak house with rice pilaf, veggies and a creme brulee for dessert. Not used to eating so much food. The tulip fields are very pretty and did we some nice, light walking along with some art gallery viewing. Tomorrow we check out Seattle then I fly back home.
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Sounds lovely Dawn!!! Enjoy!