New here intro and input

Options
13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Depends on what program you are following.
    Reasonable deficit can be used with either.

MFP method where you are really trying to take a deficit off each day's different TDEE (by logging exercise correctly).
    Then yes, you would adjust calories down on rest days. But MFP does that automatically.

Or average weekly TDEE deficit method, when the planned exercise for the week is spread out average daily, so also the deficit is averaged out daily.
    So while a rest day has a smaller deficit, the workout day has a bigger deficit.
    Average is around 400 daily.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ah. I see. I actually don't log on MFP. LOL I log on LoseIT but I love the MFP forums so I come here. Terrible, I know.

Going my Body media daily burn now. Using that data to figure my cals -15% deficit.

Weekly burn avg last week (from BMF) was 2615 (actually a light week but not by much...I usually have 2720 ish weekly avg).

So cals should be avg 2200 ish. Right?
  • heybales
    Options
    2720 x 0.85 = 2312.

Missed a hundred there.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    LOL. Right. I was going by last weeks data of 2615. I'll probably avg that since I tend to have one higher day. Will update next week.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Okay....some new info that I need help sorting out.

The last few days, when I update my BM (using blue tooth) it looks like it's going high and then shoots back down low. Lower than I've ever been. So I'm assuming that since I've been wearing it regularly for over a month, it's adjusting the sensors more?? So I check the cal/minute burn at night while sleeping and it has dropped to .8 and .9 And my resting/watching TV is averaging 1.1

So...what should I make of this? These numbers are less than previously reported.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Night time is mostly .8
  • heybales
    Options
    Is it the Bangles - Seasons Change phrase?
    Yep - https://youtu.be/taf8fYP9Y-A

It could indeed be adjusting them more, or sleeping temp has changed. Or confusion on it's part too.

0.8 x 1440 = 1152 BMR
    1.1 x 1440 = 1584 RMR

About the right kind of spread at least, tad much actually.

I'd see how the resulting TDEE plays out with deficit eating level.

Has it been 6 weeks in a diet already, perhaps time for a diet break, and eat a week at TDEE?
  • kmac1196
    Options
    I came back from the cruise on Feb22 so start of 2200 cals was 2/23...so 6 weeks today. Which, if those calculations are correct....I'm probably over cals. Weigh in tomorrow. Easter yesterday...today I'm trying to flush out all sodium from ham and mitigate damage from chocolate.

I sleep in 60 degrees year round. Same blankets....and it's still winter weather here (almost spring...we hit 50 yesterday..wooo hooo).

I also thought the spread was high too but I don't know what it means. LOL.