Options
13»

Replies

• zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

Next time you see stars, you should check your blood glucose levels. What

Dehydration can cause the symptoms you describe also. But it wouldn't hurt for you to check your BG when you see spots.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

I'm definitely not good about drinking enough. When I do I feel like all I do is run to pee every 20 min. I have a ton of type 1 friends (I ride and fundraise for the JDRF), so I should see if one of them would lend me a spare BG meter for curiosity's sake.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    zoom2 wrote: »
    In looking at the OP's log I have to wonder if the passing-out could have been due in large part to simply not eating enough calories. There are an awful lot of days in the past couple of weeks where she ate only ~800 calories. Most nutritionists will agree that an adult woman of any size or activity level requires a MINIMUM 1200/day (1200 is considered the base level for simply maintaining life functions on 0 activity). Frequently eating significantly below that without doctor's supervision is pretty disordered eating, regardless of carbs and/or nuts.

Sorry, but you need to recheck the 1200 calorie thing. I'm a short middle-aged lady. My BMR is about 1000 to 1100 calories. My maintaining TDEE before exercise is around 1450 calories. If I ate the calories you think I need, I'd be as stout as a little stump, LOL!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    zoom2 wrote: »
    In looking at the OP's log I have to wonder if the passing-out could have been due in large part to simply not eating enough calories. There are an awful lot of days in the past couple of weeks where she ate only ~800 calories. Most nutritionists will agree that an adult woman of any size or activity level requires a MINIMUM 1200/day (1200 is considered the base level for simply maintaining life functions on 0 activity). Frequently eating significantly below that without doctor's supervision is pretty disordered eating, regardless of carbs and/or nuts.

Sorry, but you need to recheck the 1200 calorie thing. I'm a short middle-aged lady. My BMR is about 1000 to 1100 calories. My maintaining TDEE before exercise is around 1450 calories. If I ate the calories you think I need, I'd be as stout as a little stump, LOL!

That's not my personal recommendation, that's pretty much standard across the board from the medical community. 1200 for adult women of any size, 1800 for men. Regardless of height, a person's organs and bodily functions still require a bare minimum # of calories.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's just recently been changed to 1000 I believe.