Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Me too @lulu I've never seen snow in real life
  • Cath2907
    Cath2907 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, New to this group and hoping you won't mind me joining. I'm 4 weeks and 4kg into this 5:2 lifestyle. I started 76kg, hit 72kg today but still a long way before I get to my first goal - 64kg.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Cath! very nice to have you join us! You sound like you've had a cracking start to 5:2!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    lulu1066 wrote: »
    bburg - you say you 'don't have tons of money to buy new clothes' so can I suggest a way around it? when i was at my heaviest, my wardrobe consisted of voluminous skirts and t shirts in weird colours, grabbed off a sale rail without trying on as I felt so hopeless about the way I looked.

- i lost the first ten and bought some new clothes, but my intention was to keep losing so I felt guilty about wasting money. Then I discovered a really great local goodwill shop (with some seriously stylish donors), and I started going in my lunch break every Friday to buy new work and home clothes for tiny amounts. Then as I gradually got smaller, I'd wash or dryclean the stuff and donate it back before walking out with another armful of dresses and skirts and jackets. This meant that I was cheered up by new ( to me ) clothes, and it also meant that stuff fit all the time. I could experiment with styles and colours that were new to me, as fashion had moved on during my 'big years'. The ladies in the shop joke that they are my 'lending library'. My all time score was a silk Ralph Lauren evening dress with tags still on for eight bucks.

karen - I'm in a warm place too, but so jealous of people who can go for walks in the lovely snow!

Oh I LOVEEEEE Goodwill! My mom and I take a day and go to 3 of them in our area, we just haven't gone in awhile! I need to get back soon but I want to wait until I'm down a pants size for sure!

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Needed to lose 1.8 to get to 10lbs lost, and I lost 1.2! So I'm at 9.4 lbs lost! I am so happy!!! I know I sound like a broken record, but this is the ONLY thing that I've done that works. I'm not even exercising (I know.. tsk tsk) and the weight is still coming off. It feels too easy!
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Yesterday was my first fast day, not that bad but I did go over some, I had 715 so I was 115 over. I'm not sweating that fact. Good weekend everyone!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    Good morning! Needed to lose 1.8 to get to 10lbs lost, and I lost 1.2! So I'm at 9.4 lbs lost! I am so happy!!! I know I sound like a broken record, but this is the ONLY thing that I've done that works. I'm not even exercising (I know.. tsk tsk) and the weight is still coming off. It feels too easy!

Excellent!!!!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    I completely blew my fast yesterday thanks to hubby taking me out to lunch. Boo hoo I'll take a date with him over a fast day anyday, he leaves tomorrow so I'll fast then instead.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Karen - you've got your priorities straight! Glad you enjoyed your date <3
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Lol that's another awesome aspect of this way of life :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Karen . IMO, it's the flexibility is the reason, it's so sustainable for me.

This morning was my weekly (Saturday) weigh in and because it is the 28th it is also my monthly weigh in.

56.9kg!! Never had a monthly weigh in that low and have been recording for the last 22mth..... My daily weigh in lowest is 56.6kg, but that has been a while and was after a fast day..... I may be back in the losing game!
    My goal for March is to remain in the 56-57kg category, thus losing about 0.5-1kg. I've never been in that kilo bracket for more than a day or two, so that would be a new and real loss.

But first things first....tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party :p
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    56.9kg!! Never had a monthly weigh in that low and have been recording for the last 22mth..... My daily weigh in lowest is 56.6kg, but that has been a while and was after a fast day..... I may be back in the losing game!

That is so great! I'm so happy for you!

• flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks, Snaps!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Woop wooooooo
  • lulu1066
    Options
    Flumi - you can do it - you sound like you are in such a positive, happy place.Have a great Saturday everyone x
  • flumi_f
    Options
    A monthly low after 9-10mth of maintainance.....that could be part of the reason, lulu :)

Plus, I've really been enjoying my sessions on the rebounder and with Jillian. I knew it before, but I am feeling even more now.....cardio/strength circuits change my body more than pure cardio. Those 50 dollars I spent on a used but good quality rebounder.....very well spent!
  • lulu1066
    Options
    ok. going to google 'rebounder' now... I think my scales are having a sulky hissy fit. They refuse to go below 160. I'll step on, and they'll tease me with a flash of 159.9 and then whoosh back up to 161 again. They've been doing this for a while and I think someone needs to have a word with them.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ah Lulu, I so know this feeling. My body likes to stop at 57.1kg, so it hasn't been often, that I've seen anything under that weight.

A rebounder is a mini trampoline. It has lots of health benefits and also allows for pretty intense workouts at home without the high impact on the joints. It's also alot of fun ;) You can jump for balance or for strength, thus changing the goal according to your wants and needs.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    very cool - i watched a youtube workout - from comfort of chair... does look like loads of fun.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    lulu1066 wrote: »
    very cool - i watched a youtube workout - from comfort of chair... does look like loads of fun.

B)