The Gym Rat thread

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Ain't no day like deadlift day. Oddly enough I've added weight despite a huge deficit for the last 6 weeks (1500+ deficit). Gotta love DLs.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'll play! Before I got injured I was working on pull ups; I can now do 7 sets of 2, I'll work up to 8 sets of 2 before dropping down to triples. Here's a single double
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Yeah I realised I don't know how to post videos lol ill learn and come back lol

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Ain't no day like deadlift day. Oddly enough I've added weight despite a huge deficit for the last 6 weeks (1500+ deficit). Gotta love DLs.

Good speed on those pulls! I'm also in a significant deficit and adding weight. I forgot that is impossible, drat.
  • MrGonzo05
    Options
    adjoa84 wrote: »

It's very easy if the video is on Youtube. Get the shareable link then paste it in your message.

• adjoa84
    Options
    adjoa84 wrote: »

It's very easy if the video is on Youtube. Get the shareable link then paste it in your message.

Thanks. The videos aren't on YouTube unfortunately. Just on my fone.
  • DopeItUp
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good speed on those pulls! I'm also in a significant deficit and adding weight. I forgot that is impossible, drat.

I'm actually thinking that mylighter body weight is allowing me to DL and (especially) squat more. Less total weight being moved :P
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I'm actually thinking that mylighter body weight is allowing me to DL and (especially) squat more. Less total weight being moved :P

It is figured that 72-77% of your body weight is involved in the lift for both those, so as you drop weight, very true it better be going up on the bar somewhat.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Bodyweight.html#%BWExercises

Also makes the estimated 1RM change.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Bodyweight.html#Estimating1RM
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

It is figured that 72-77% of your body weight is involved in the lift for both those, so as you drop weight, very true it better be going up on the bar somewhat.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Bodyweight.html#%BWExercises

Also makes the estimated 1RM change.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Bodyweight.html#Estimating1RM

Sweet. Now I can say that my deadlift is over 700lbs gross.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I finally hit a triple at 315 on squats today. They've been kicking my *kitten*. Got 3x3x310, but couldn't hit more than a double on 315.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    Nice work, it took me forever to hit 3 plates myself.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I hit two plates on my back squat last night - 225x2. Very pleased, as I've been building back from a 20% deload due to form issues.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I can dig that.

The weight - and being smart about things.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    I hit two plates on my back squat last night - 225x2. Very pleased, as I've been building back from a 20% deload due to form issues.

Nice!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Did upper body today...........felt stronger overall. Increased my bench 20lbs (i can't bench that much, since i have a bum shoulder, and i have just started benching again) and wound up doing dumbell curls with 30's (3x12), when i was doing 25's for reps.
  • MrGonzo05
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I finally hit a triple at 315 on squats today. They've been kicking my *kitten*. Got 3x3x310, but couldn't hit more than a double on 315.

That's legit.
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started Stonglifts 5x5 last week and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can OHP the empty bar! OHP is a huge challenge for me and I did not think I would get close to 5x5x45 but I did it! :D
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    How were your legs the day after your first session? I started on Friday and still couldnt walk comfortably sunday night!
  • skiclimbdive
    skiclimbdive Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I realized this week that I can do a pistol on both sides. Thanks, squats and deadlifts!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I swear I posted in this thread last week but it's not here.
    Anyway, since shoulder surgery in December I have been doing a machine based leg routine. Recently got cleared to do Safety Bar Squats.
    https://youtu.be/i3IC--JaJEI