2»

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm keto too. I've always enjoyed the extremes LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    @ Baconslave - thank you, you've done an amazing job!!! Any topic next is fine with me - they're all really interesting when discussed in depth.

@yturie47 - don't worry about that figurative 'line on carbs'. You will know when/if you want to go lower, and if you don't then you're obviously happy where you are and should stay there ;)

Yeah really. I agree with GrannyMayOz.

Who cares about the keto people? Do what's best for you.
    Pssst. I'm a keto-people. Don't tell! lol! :wink:

Roger that on the ketones.
    I'm already looking for my resources.

Thank you for this great information, Baconslave. Very helpful! I'd like to learn more about the importance (or not) of tracking macros. Thanks.

I'll put that the queue. And in the meantime I'll find a link or two that might address it for you. Give me a couple days. Today is gonna be a busy one.

Each of us is our own special snowflake, and if we can't appreciate the differences, that is sad. Everyone has to work towards and find what works for them... I had to keep dropping my carbs to end craving. By default, I ended up near the keto threshold, so I figured why not? Better than dropping in and out all the time, spending weeks in keto hell, right?

But if someone eats 200 grams of carbs and feels awesome doing it, has health and blood work to match, hurrah for them! If everyone was exactly the same, the "do what I do" principle might work...but since there literally are no two people, even twins, exactly the same, because of environmental factors and so many things, they might react similarly, but exactly, no... So @yturie47‌ celebrate what works for you, share in case it might help someone else, and allow others to dine their way....all with a smile on your face, and you'll be a rock star!
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Actually, I admire keto people. Right now I am not paying attention to anything except my carb count. For the past week my carbs daily varied from 27 to 134. Mostly under 100. I had my blood work/MD appt. coincidently. That was interesting. My Dr. gave me a lecture on the perils of LCHF, but I think he could tell I wasn't buying it. So, I was worried about the blood work results, especially as I forgot to fast :s before and the way I had been eating all manner of meats and fats for the previous month. Turned out that all of my numbers are good, LDL slighty higher (I am on a statin).

My strategy right now is not to try to get into ketosis, not because I think it's a bad idea, but I know it will be very difficult for me to drop all carbs consistently and give it a good test on how my body responds. I am amazed that I have not gained weight over the past month given the biue cheese dressing, chocola
  • yturie47
    well that got screwed up :# chocolate bombs, and pork chops I have enjoyed without gaining weight. There was a lot more but this butterfingers / device with teeny keys @#*##.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Awesome results yturie47 I'm so pleased your doctor has had a tiny look into the good that 'patients who don't listen' can achieve!
  • yturie47
    Thanks Granny! I agree.