Weekly Post 08/03/ - 14/03/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Not a very successful week for me. Weight is up 1 kilo from last week and what was much worse was the uncontrolled eating. However I did enjoy the beautiful spring weather today and was out running, biking, walking and cleaning my balcony for the good part of the day.

I'm noticing alot of emotional stuff coming back up. This has been effecting my mood and quite frankly my eating. Haven't had such blowouts in a pretty long time. Just when you think, you're over that....it kinda slaps you in the face. :#

A good friend's mom died this week. The burial is next friday. She was very ill, thus I'm very glad she didn't have to suffer for too long. Her burial is on my dad's birthday...he died 19yrs ago, but it was still kind of strange, when I realized what date it will be. I guess, he will come to lead her to the other world.

In two weeks it will also be a year since I had my horse put down. When that came to my mind, I was like, wow already?? I've never questioned my decision, but he was very special to me and we spent 20yrs on this earth together. The fact, that at the same time, I'm having difficulties with the horse I ride twice a week now, stresses me too. Horses and riding have always been my haven. Not being at ease when riding and sometimes even feeling afraid, I've never experienced that. I will be getting some professional help for that next weekend. Hopefully being able to solve some of it.

Work is a bit crazy at the moment too. The end of a course with the second year apprentices on Friday with all of the admin and assessments that come with it and on next Monday the beginning of the next course with the third year apprentices -intensive preparation for their practical exams....

I will hand in there until the end of the month.... I will work on the emotional topics as best I can...

Wish you all a good week!!

And tomorrow I will enjoy some quiet time in my little balcony lounge. At least I got it all ready today B) This is where you'll find me.....
tg965eveq3wn.jpg

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your troubles...good luck with everything.

Great space, looks inviting...makes me want to come over and flop.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f - Thank's for sharing your heart with us. Helpful for those of us who are struggling and hopefully helpful for you to share your burdens with those who care. :heart:

Love your balcony lounge. Looks like a lovely place to relax and gather your thoughts.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f‌ sending hugs lovie and hopefully you'll be able to spend many sunny arvos kicking back on that awesome balcony
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think, I needed to put that in writing. Was a bit longer than intended . :o

Sun is out...Off for a ride, some exercise and then some lounging. Beer is cold Orlcam. B)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You are in our thoughts @flumi_f. Take care and enjoy the spring sun!
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hope this week goes well for everyone.

I am down about 1kg this week, I am surprised. I kind of want another fast day - I am feeling addicted to it hahahah, but I am planning it for Thursday. Working next 3 days so I hope I don't go over my calories which is usually what happens after work :s

Good luck to all!!
  • flumi_f
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great job forevertoday!!

Foami put my state in perfect words in last weeks post!

'I know how hard it can be, especially when old ghosts come to revisit. Luckily we have exercise to help us digest what's going on. Maybe the fear with the horse is a trigger point for you, feeling fear and helplessness is a very powerful memory that can bury itself deep into our bodies. So they resurface when experiencing something that mimicks the old memory. Take good care of yourself when vulnerable.'

I'm a weeble wobble....so I'll get back up soon. Just have to talk to those ghosts first :p
  • snaps27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

I'm a weeble wobble....so I'll get back up soon. Just have to talk to those ghosts first :p

I know what you mean...out of the blue yesterday I just started cry...I was like, "get a grip" (to my self). Sometime we have to let ourselves feel.

This week I'm going to try to begin every day like a fast day, with tea (w/ milk & sugar), then if I can turn it into a fast day then I will :) Tomorrow I will try do a fast day (haven't had an official one since Feburary 5th, 4 weeks ago!) I will succeed.

**Personal Vent**
    Told my hubby today that will be fasting again stariting this week because it's getting warmer (and he thought I shouldn' fast when it's cold...worried I get sick...i know). And then instead of him saying "Sounds good." he says, "I think you should wait til you finish you work" (a chapter in my thesis)...WHAT!!! It's not like I was asking, I was telling RRRR. I shouls have said that, but I don't think that would have gone down well. So since he will be gone all day on Monday, I will be doing my fast, gosh darn it! I gained 4lbs from last week!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I like the try Snaps :D

Hubby's just worrying. Do your fasts, try not to make a big deal out of it in front of him and see how it goes. He'll probably be able to accept your decision better after a few uneventful fasts.
  • snaps27
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    I like the try Snaps :D

Hubby's just worrying. Do your fasts, try not to make a big deal out of it in front of him and see how it goes. He'll probably be able to accept your decision better after a few uneventful fasts.

You're right @flumi_f, thanks. :)
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sounds tough Snaps...we guys can be rough on the ones closest to us. Sometime we hear what you are saying and think you want us to give you an answer...or fix the problem, but all you really want is for someone to nod and listen. Some of us are not the best motivators...our actions/words just never seem to come across as intended.
  • snaps27
    Options
    You're right @orlcam he's totally a Mr fix it. He's an IT guy you know. Deep down I know he means well.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Lol my husband was more like "pfft as if you can go an entire day on 500 calories"
    It wasn't until I pointed out that I've been doing them perfectly fine for the last month that he started believing me. Now he is pointing out the difference he sees. Like "ooh your butt is getting tighter" "your belly is going down"
    I still have to do them when he's away at work though
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I pointed out that I've been doing them perfectly fine for the last month

Always best to do the sneak-attack, "two steps ahead" technique. Super cool, good job.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone happy Monday :)

FD today then I'm on a course for 3 days, one of which is supposed to be FD#2. Although I'm looking forward to the (especially the certificate I'll get at the end yay!) I just know that the boredom of sitting in a classroom for 3 days will get to me and I'll be tempted by the siren song of the biscuits & boiled sweets when I should be fasting. My plan is to take lots of fruit with me that day (if they don't have any in the room) and at least I won't be staying over so not likely to succumb to hotel dinners like the rest of the visiting delegates. Either that or I settle for just the one FD this week and try to make up for it next week. I have a plan people!!

Hope you all have a great week! :smiley:
  • snaps27
    Options
    I still have to do them when he's away at work though

I hear yah!
  • snaps27
    Options
    So glad to be back in this!!! Fast day and it's almost midday, yay! Walked the kids to school, drove the hubby to the station, went food shopping and got a treat at Starbucks (Iced Vente Americano with sugar-free Carmel syrup...22cals) :D Happiness! Still have over half the Americano left and it should get me through until I pick up the kids in three hours. And joy...I am feeling so cleansed today if you know what I mean ;) The feeling you only get when you let your body be free from food. I've missed this...isn't it funny that you would say..."I miss fasting" but I have. And I feel I have lots of energy...oh wait, I guess that's the Americano talking. Happy Monday everyone!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!! Fast day #1 for me, and I'm needed it so much.

I had too many grains this weekend, and I'm feeling it so much. I am dragging, and am exhausted. Clearly there is something to this no grains thing. Starting 6 weeks of strict AIP today to help cut down on inflammation for my Hashi's.

Flumi- that balcony looks SO inviting! I've always wanted a balcony, but never had one!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Today is a fast day for me. Chili and a salad for dinner. Feb. ended up being a rough month for me. I ended up gaining 2 lbs. So I started yesterday being really serious with watching my eating on normal days. I'm getting back to fasting on Mon., Wed. and Friday this week.

Hope everyone is having a good fasting day.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing very well on their fasts!

I'm also fasting today. Doing well today. Busy at work until two, enjoyed a little break in my lounge and then got my tax stuff ready to send off... It's 1630, I'm a bit hungry but will wait for another hour for dinner. Then off to TaiChi. That is always a good distraction on Monday evenings ;)

Articulating what is going on in my life at the moment, has really taken the edge off and given me a bit more clarity! Thanks to you all for listening and for your kind and wise words <3