Weekly Post 08/03/ - 14/03/15

Options

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @loveswalking - glad you're back. Having a rough month and gaining only 2 lbs is a win in my book!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Fast day #1 for me.

I wrote a bit ago about feeling really tired and semi-depressed. I wondered if it had to do with saving all of my fast day calories for the end of the day. I spent last week making sure I had something to eat in the morning and it did make a difference. It really helped the my fast recovery during my feast days. Feeling better! Having a bit of protein again in the morning this week. If I continue to feel better I will pin feeling down on skipping breakfast.

Hope everyone has a great day! So glad to be doing this journey with you all.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    jknight001:Thanks.......Having a great fasting day so far.
    I'm glad you found what works for you on your fasting days.
  • jknight001
    Options
    @loveswalking - Thanks!

Just saw that @orlcam changed the pic for the group's banner. So beautiful with that photo from @snaps27. We are one soaring group! :grinning:
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great job with your fasts today all you fasters! Fast day done for me and success... under 600 :D Oh so happy :D
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    @loveswalking - Thanks!

Just saw that @orlcam changed the pic for the group's banner. So beautiful with that photo from @snaps27. We are one soaring group! :grinning:
    I'm always keeping an eye out for inspirational photos from our members...I think I have like 3 waiting in the wings from Flumi ;) . I remember someone posting an ocean/surf pic a while back (maybe sijomil?), but I did a quick search and didn't run across it.

One annoyance...for some reason MFP reworks (degrades) the image to a point where ripples form...I posted the banner a couple of weeks back in the weekly thread and you can see how much crisper the original is.

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Super Snaps!!

Mine is coming to an end too! Now off to survive the rest of the week B)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Fast day #1 today for me. I've got lots of errands to run today and I'm taking my 2 year old off to the library for story day. We'll be busy all day long
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Monday fasts all round, a good fast today, it really helps to be busy at work!
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did my fast day yesterday and it went well until I went to bed and my head was buzzing with thoughts and not letting me sleep. I think I may have to have coffee before 10am on my fast days as I may not be metabolising the caffeine out of my body through lack of food.

Also like the new graphic orlcam
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    mowbry wrote: »
    Did my fast day yesterday and it went well until I went to bed and my head was buzzing with thoughts and not letting me sleep. I think I may have to have coffee before 10am on my fast days as I may not be metabolising the caffeine out of my body through lack of food.

Also like the new graphic orlcam
    Thank you...

This happens to me too and I don't drink caffeine very much (4 or 5 times a month...in the form of diet sodas, so very little). It is not as bad as it was...you get used to it. My dreams are much more lucid when fasting. But, this is part of the human cycle (I believe), ...over the eons we have been hunters/scavengers. It has been just a hair's width on the human timeline that we have had to deal with things like diabetes, obesity, food allergies...sugar. Over that time the human body has evolved the ability to ramp up energy levels as food becomes more and more scarce. This is why metabolism increases...to give us more energy so we can get out there and get some sustenance (hunt harder...longer). Metabolism doesn't tighten up till you get somewhere around the 96 hour mark, and that's on true fasting "no food" (some studies show). That's why you burn more calories when you workout at the tail end of a fast. I notice a natural thermogenic reaction starting around the 30 hour mark...my head and back of the neck mostly, but I can feel it less so through my torso.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's really interesting what you have said as fasting is new to me and I'm trying to crack the whole Keto thing too. I'm keeping a diary of how I feel and the longest fast I achieved was 44 hours on just water. I'm a huge tea drinker however it's low caffeine but I'm not happy with the whole removal of caffeine therefore I've limited it. I don't drink pop (soda) unless it's with vodka lol and then I'm really revved up and I can dance for England! The coffee I'm drinking is an organic fair trade espresso, mixed with coconut oil, butter and small amount of double (heavy) cream. I've given up sugar for lent but Saturday I could kill for it, what a drug that is. That's why I fasted on Sunday, to try and undo the bad I did to myself.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love this group
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    cobygrey wrote: »
    I love this group

Me too!!!

Half way through my fast. Kicking back with chicken broth.... Just finished a 45 minute stairmaster workout... Ahhhh today feels great
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    2 sleeps until my fast day, I can't wait.
    The end of my fast days makes me feel so refreshed & also the scale the day after is such a better number than the day before.
    Lost 1kg this week, so happy

Good luck to all
  • snaps27
    Options
    You guys are all so great...I'm so happy to be a part of this great group of people. Yesterday was an amazing fast and didn't seem difficult at all. Woke up this morning (morning after my fast). Felt hungry, therefore ate too much breakfast. Going to have to work hard to keep to my TDEE! Will also try to be a bit more active today. Have a great day everyone!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Yayyyyyy finished my fast day!! I've been full of energy all day. I hope I can sleep tonight...
  • snaps27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My hubby brought home a 2kg halibut, we roasted the whole thing and then eat the whole thing just the two of us :o ... have know idea how many calories it was (didn't add oil, just spices) and I ate it on its own without bread, but I am sooo full and am now ready for a nap! See ya!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Feast day here, and day 2 of AIP. Sipping on some kombucha right now, and I'm on track to finish under my calories. I haven't been exercising at all but I'm so busy trying to pack for our upcoming move! our new neighborhood is MUCH more safe and secure so I'm going to start getting back into running again, and walking my daughter in the stroller.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!!! I'm getting a bit sick of not being able to sleep. I love the energy I get but i wish it'd go away at bedtime. I didn't have any coffee so it wasn't the caffeine keeping me up... Hmmm
    But I'm still waking up feeling rested. How weird is that?
    Anyway have a great day /arvo/night depending on your timezone :smiley: