Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    shiftynj wrote: »
    But I also have a little bit of a hard time in the gym socially, it's such a he-man space and that makes me self-conscious (plus I'm one of the oldest people there).

I have a hard time with that as well. The whole "he-man" space thing makes me super super self conscious! It is also the reason I go to my girlfriend's stylist for my haircuts. I just cant make myself go into a barber shop... It isn't a huge deal I guess. I have some weights at home and I try to get what exercise I can in outside and then supplement with gym cardio machines. I much prefer getting my exercise in while on an adventure though :)

• awaywewander
    Options
    Okay guys... Since I am in recovery, I am restricted from anything that elevates my heart rate so exercise is out until July 19th but I have been focusing on my eating and as of this morning I am officially out of the 200s!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I have a hard time with that as well. The whole "he-man" space thing makes me super super self conscious! It is also the reason I go to my girlfriend's stylist for my haircuts. I just cant make myself go into a barber shop... It isn't a huge deal I guess. I have some weights at home and I try to get what exercise I can in outside and then supplement with gym cardio machines. I much prefer getting my exercise in while on an adventure though :)

Just put a weekend on the AT on my calendar for later this summer, looking forward to it.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    I'll just keep babbling in here since nobody else is. We had a nice weekend away up in Vermont. Didn't get a lot of exercise other than walking, and paid for it on the scale, but it was worth it. My dude doesn't get alot of time off. Back to the weights last night, paying for my sins LOL.
  • oojah82
    oojah82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tonight I've finished work, then gone straight back out and played rounders with my team. For those non UK peeps, rounders is a bit like softball!
  • shiftynj
    Options
    On vacation with a bunch of sedentary, overindulging friends. Please send impulse-control energy.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    NSV: My girlfriend and I have a few storage bins of clothes in our closet that we call our goal clothes. I haven't bothered opening it in over a year but the other day I pulled them out to try some stuff on and was able to keep out several shirts and some jeans! Slowly getting to where I wanna be!
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Slowly having to rebuild the wardrobe. In a year down from shopping in the XL and XXL section to now Medium top and bottom. Flipping expensive this losing weight ;)
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Back from vacation. Ran intervals last night since we spent half the day on our butts in the Jeep.

Need food! Haven't been to the store yet since I dove right into work. So stoked because the boyfriend unit said "we should eat healthy this week!" (this never happens) so I think I will just walk to the fruit-and-veg and get a bunch of good stuff. Our dinner last night was a kale, berries and whey protein smoothie.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    13566951_10157152696735531_3779109677699708846_n.jpg?oh=e254d0c58fd8f72e90e2b5a78690499b&oe=582C2BC4

We have very little counter space in our current house so I purchased a stainless steel prep table from amazon for less than $100 and last night was my first time doing a big meal prep! It went well so the next several days of fooding should be awesome! Here's to taking steps toward staying on track!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Havent checked in here for awhile :) Hi everyone! Doing okay. Anyone playing pokemon Go?
  • shiftynj
    Options
    BF's grandmother wanted Boston Market for her birthday dinner (not awful although salty, can be planned for and compensated for with extra hydration) but then she ambushed us with coconut custard pie when we got back to her place. She's 86 and having surgery next week, so I caved. But with some extra laps still only up a pound today. Yay?
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

• awaywewander
    Options
    Oops, I didn't realize I was logged on to my girlfriend's account and replied as her. Oh well, here it goes again :)
    Anyone playing pokemon Go?

I am! Walked almost 4 miles playing yesterday. I had never played Pokemon before. We have several games for the Nintendo ds, 3ds, and gameboy color that my girlfriend plays. Maybe I'll have to try them out one day. I like the concept of this game. The server seems to be holding up a little better now. The main downfall is that it uses your phone data for the gps so I can see it running up lots of people's phone bill. Too bad verizon doesn't wanna go back to an unlimited data package. At least my garmin heartrate monitor/activity tracker doesn't use my phone data!

There were TONS of people playing around me. No wonder the servers were crashing. I walked to some of the neighborhood parks and there were groups of people walking around playing it, people on bikes playing, people driving their cars to each stop playing (cheaters!)... The park was literally packed with people!

• mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I'm brand new to this group but j thought I'd add a little bit in. I went for a 6km jog this morning to celebrate 50 days of logging. I also stopped by the outdoor gym my town has and used some machines which I don't normally do, and that was cool.
    Also tomorrow is my last day of work and then I get two whole days off ^_^
  • shiftynj
    Options
    mccokat wrote: »
    Hey guys! So I'm brand new to this group but j thought I'd add a little bit in. I went for a 6km jog this morning to celebrate 50 days of logging. I also stopped by the outdoor gym my town has and used some machines which I don't normally do, and that was cool.
    Also tomorrow is my last day of work and then I get two whole days off ^_^

Welcome to the funny farm. Sounds like a great day!
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Oops, I didn't realize I was logged on to my girlfriend's account and replied as her. Oh well, here it goes again :)
    Anyone playing pokemon Go?

I am! Walked almost 4 miles playing yesterday. I had never played Pokemon before. We have several games for the Nintendo ds, 3ds, and gameboy color that my girlfriend plays. Maybe I'll have to try them out one day. I like the concept of this game. The server seems to be holding up a little better now. The main downfall is that it uses your phone data for the gps so I can see it running up lots of people's phone bill. Too bad verizon doesn't wanna go back to an unlimited data package. At least my garmin heartrate monitor/activity tracker doesn't use my phone data!

There were TONS of people playing around me. No wonder the servers were crashing. I walked to some of the neighborhood parks and there were groups of people walking around playing it, people on bikes playing, people driving their cars to each stop playing (cheaters!)... The park was literally packed with people!

All the sudden that thing is everywhere, but I heard about it first on MFP, quite a long time ago!
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Marathon day today... was up at 6, drove an hour to meet friends at a state park where we did a long hike, BBQd and then I took my paddleboard out. Lots of fun and I'm down almost ten pounds for the week... it'll be back but still cool.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Pokémon Go Update, day 5. I walked 3 miles yesterday to go to the inlet to catch magikarp. I think im addicted and might need actual help.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am loving reading these updates. I am also hooked on Pokemon go, my girlfriend refuses to play but she does go on walks with me and has been a great sport about helping me catch em all. Hope everyone has an awesome day!