Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    @bhagarmckee welcome and great job with your weight loss and fitness :smile:

I just got back from my morning run. It was the warmest it's been since I arrived here 5-9 degrees Celsius so that's pretty exciting. My energy levels seem a bit down though and I've been wondering whether I am fighting off a bug the last few days, if so hopefully I'll win quick smart.

It turns out the workplace that offered me job then had to close down the program have now returned to me with something part time which I am taking them up on so that's good news and will keep me not quite out of the red but at least not deeper into it.

Tomorrow my wife and I move house so there's plenty to be done. Catch you all later and have a good day
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I have had a terrific day! Mostly resting,,,but have a nice supper planned. Have a wonderful evening!
  • sweetleilanimae
    sweetleilanimae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Today I feel good but full of complaints. Feeling negative. Feeling physically stiff and in a bit of pain. Headache. Back pain. I still worked out a good bit. But, going out to dinner tonight so I don't know how I will do then. :open_mouth: I'm glad everyone else is doing well!
  • notyetsuperman
    notyetsuperman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First check-in. First post on this group, too! Hi all.

Today is doing well, although I showed up for a 7.30 PT session this morning only to find the gym very dark and very closed!

I did just order a whole bunch of healthy things to eat this week. Bring it!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I went to see "Kinky Boots" last night -- has anyone else seen it? It's a very fun musical full of high energy performances and gorgeous drag queens. :)
    My plan is to go to a pilates class and do some time on the elliptical at the gym today during a long lunch break from work. And I'm hoping I can avoid too many Easter candies and treats this weekend.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    oh my...last three days were waaaay over my calorie goal :-/ I was weak because of my birthday and my best friend is also visiting me...back on track starting tomorrow :-D
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    rebolaugh wrote: »
    Made it to the gym this morning! It is so hard when my alarm goes off at 5:15, but I did it and got in a light cardio workout (20 min. stationary bike and 15 min. arc trainer) and did circuit training. In about an hour I'll get to head outside for a nice long walk on my lunch break -- I try to get at least 2.5 miles. The weather is beautiful, so I'm looking forward to it. I hope everyone is enjoying the day.

I am impressed with anyone who can make themselves exercise that early in the morning.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. And welcome to bhagarmckee and notyetsuperman.

My week started off really good, but I have been stressing over work and then I sort of got sick. Not sure whether I have a cold or really bad allergies (it's my first spring in Spokane and all of the trees started blossoming this week). As a result I've had a pretty hard time eating healthy and honestly probably won't bother logging today.

But, I survived my aerobics class yesterday even though the instructor has really been ramping it up on us lately.
  • electriq
    Options
    Hello all. Today I feel good but full of complaints. Feeling negative. Feeling physically stiff and in a bit of pain. Headache. Back pain. I still worked out a good bit. But, going out to dinner tonight so I don't know how I will do then. :open_mouth: I'm glad everyone else is doing well!

Hope you're feeling better today

First check-in. First post on this group, too! Hi all.

Today is doing well, although I showed up for a 7.30 PT session this morning only to find the gym very dark and very closed!

I did just order a whole bunch of healthy things to eat this week. Bring it!

Welcome!

Oops re the gym, sounds like you're all ready to rock and roll though.
    oh my...last three days were waaaay over my calorie goal :-/ I was weak because of my birthday and my best friend is also visiting me...back on track starting tomorrow :-D

At least you've had some good reasons, I seem to be going over a lot myself at the moment and no celebrations in sight. Time to regroup I think

@nuttyengineer nice job with the aerobics!

I went for my long run this morning. I ran along the lake which was very nice, felt a bit of stiffness in one of my ankles so I'm hoping that's just a temporary niggle.
  • bhagarmckee
    bhagarmckee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi @electriq! A nice run along a lake sounds restful to the soul! Today, being Saturday, I chose to walk to my favorite eatery for a salmon burger. It's a two-mile saunter that goes through some conservation wetlands. The trees still look bare, but if you look close you can see the buds starting. Still snow on the ground in the shady places and the piles in parking lots, but so much of the unbelievable glacier that was dropped on us is gone.

Since my last post above I have indeed done the solo spin and yesterday resistance training. Had a little muscle pull in my back (and I'm guessing it was a right-side iliocostalis based on what went "ouchie" when I twisted right) that was giving me an issue; but that is easing up nicely now. The trainer gave me a good stretch to do and some alternate exercises so as not to aggravate it while it healed up.

Body really seemed to need a rest day today, so I'm letting it nap when it wants to. In fact, I sense another one coming on shortlyzzzzzzz...
  • electriq
    Options
    @bhagarmckee it's so great to be welcoming spring isn't it! It's also a slow process here but oh so exciting when it starts to happen

Must me the day for salmon; I made smoked salmon pasta for dinner just now. My wife loved it ...yusssss!
  • bhagarmckee
    edited April 2015
    Options
    <- feeling virtuous because I got to the gym early enough today. The one I go to is open 365 days a year, but it closes at 3 on holidays. Was able to do everything I needed to do without rushing! Which was some stretching, a few core exercises and an hour of cardio in the spin room (maybe when school is out I'll actually be able to go when they have a class).
  • bhagarmckee
    Options
    Checking in!!! Monday is the day I meet with a trainer at the gym, started working with him in January. It's been good to have some guidance in getting back to the routine of exercise (it had been about three years since I'd gone to the gym with any regularity). He's had me focus on core exercises that I'm noticing are making a huge difference to the form I'm able to maintain as we incorporate more weight-lifting exercises. And I'm also very excited about the fact that as of this morning's weigh-in I'm down 35 pounds since I started last August. Yay!!! I'm getting closer to a maintenance-level weight.
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Easter break was horrific for my diet, I'd be lucky to maintain weight at my next weigh in! Nevermind I'm back on the wagon as of today.

Congrats @bhagarmckee 35lbs is a huge achievement!
  • bhagarmckee
    Options
    @ryanp_942 - Thanks! The progress hasn't always been speedy; I've had help keeping it rolling forward.

Someone I know calls the extra-calorie days "resetting the metabolism..." There IS actually a bit of truth to that if you've been dieting for a long time; it's not a binge but it is a relaxed day when you're not as strict with the intake (and I forget why it works, but apparently it is sometimes a good thing). Hope you enjoyed the Easter meals and don't feel pressured or guilty over it!
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Good morning, all! Doing well after a poorly planned weekend. Back on track today, though!
  • bhagarmckee
    Options
    Three cheers for the getting back on track!!!!! Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!!

Rest day for me today... but it might end up being a few more days than I want, think I have a sinus thing brewing. Bleah.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm finally on the upswing from whatever sinus hell I've been in the last few days and no longer feel like I have a rubber band around my chest, so hopefully I will try to at least do some light exercise tomorrow.

Als, I've been on a bit of a junk food bender the last few days and I'm going to get back on track tomorrow
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Great day to all!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm about to go to a spa for a hot stone massage (finally using a gift certificate my wife gave me for my birthday in January). I'm really looking forward to it!
  • starsonlyone
    starsonlyone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a wonderful day