Replies

• starsonlyone
    starsonlyone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention... 14 fracking pounds weightloss
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Starsonlyone, so sorry about your experience at the hospital. I'm glad that you did file a complaint; hopefully that will lead to a better experience for the next person.

And congratulations on 14 pounds lost! I can't tell if you are disappointed or happy with that, but it sounds good to me. :smile:
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So...finally a late daily checkin from me...didn't really count calories in a good way for the last two weeks...celebrated my birthday and right after that I had a intensive study phase for university...plus I was visiting my friends/family in germany...but tomorrow I'm going back home and hopefully everything goes as how it should ;o)

And stars: don't you let some *kitten* in a hospital bring you down! you're an awesome person! And 14 pounds weightloss is an amazing job!

hugs to everyone!
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @starsonlyone I'm sorry about your experience. That never should have happened.

@bhagarmckee I'm glad you are feeling better.

I'm finally feeling better and back on the healthier eating wagon, though I have to fly home for a funeral this week, so I don't know if it will last. I also made it to the gym both Friday and today.

On a side note, I had a funny yet disappointing experience yesterday while buying my first suit and tie. The cashier saw what I was buying and then pointed out to the lady next to her "Look at the nice clothes this young man is buying" and then after seeing the name on my credit card added "Wait, this isn't your mom's card, is it?". I guess I'm glad that I passed, but at the same time it was annoying to have to explain.
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today has not been a good day so far. I went to the hospital to get a bone scan.. Well its one thing that I weigh too much for the machine but when the tech found out about me being called a female name his attitude and everything changed. I felt so humiliated and he just seemed to have a complete loathing to me. While i was walking out of the hospital i was in tears. a nice lady took me down to the Quality office and they took my complaint but I should never have had to deal with that,

That's horrible. Keep ur head up. It really is getting better out there, even if some a**holes will always be jerks.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Last thing I remember
    I told the bartender mix rum and whatever you have
    First one drink, then two then I woke up with you so I know things can't be all that bad
    But it's still a little hazy, it got a little crazy last night

Gym is gonna b a rough one today....
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the mean spirited tech, Star. That kind of behavior is sort of the reason I went back to nursing and becoming a paramedic. To be an advocate. Big hug. And congrats on your weight loss!

nuttyengineer, how's that suit feel? Oh. And congrats on the push-ups!

Smurfette, LOL I sure hope you survived that workout!

Schneizilla, I'm glad you got to vacation in Germany!

And Rebolaugh, I sure hope your day went well, and I will catch you all tomorrow!
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the bad day! You're right, you should never have had to deal with that. As to my "check in," I found out the other day that my A1C (sugar) is 6.6. The report says that is "consistent with diabetes," although my doctor says I'm still considered "pre-diabetic" and I just need to lose weight (duh). This might be the kind of news I need to stay within my calories for the day and get moving.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Well I've accepted a 1000 calorie daily burn challenge. Its for 7 days and well let's just say day 1 is complete. I am exhausted though. Just gonna take it one day at a time. Hopefully it will go fast....
  • starsonlyone
    Options
    Went over my calories again today. NEed to walk atleast 20 mins to work it off.
  • bhagarmckee
    bhagarmckee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the @starsonlyone fan club. I'm outraged on your behalf at the attitude - definitely unprofessional on his part.
  • kimshaw07
    Options
    Hey everyone... I'm new to this. I haven't worked out in three weeks and lack all motivation to go due to working two jobs that has me tired. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the gym even if it's just 30 minutes.
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Hi there, kimshaw! Glad you have come to join us!
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, had a nice few days in the sun and resisted the free pizza that was being given out at uni. I've been hovering ±200 around my calorie goal all week, I should probably start being stricter with myself and plan ahead.

A friend of mine is paying for so-called "laser lipo" treatment over the next few weeks. It's not as drastic as actual liposuction - minimally invasive and mostly used to get rid of 'problem areas' -but I'm not entirely convinced it's a good idea. Still, if it works for him I'll probably be hugely tempted to get it done as well!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    kimshaw07 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... I'm new to this. I haven't worked out in three weeks and lack all motivation to go due to working two jobs that has me tired. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the gym even if it's just 30 minutes.

Hey Kimshaw! Did you make it to the gym? With two jobs, no wonder you're tired!

I'm pumped because I think I've finally gotten over this long plateau where my weight stalled (for several months now!) and I've lost another couple of pounds, making my loss 28 pounds total. Of course, I have many more pounds to go, but still, I'm happy.
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Hi, all! So so day here. Hugs all around!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi :) All LGBT are welcome to add me <3 XOXOXOXO
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi back :)

God...this days seems to be grey and rainy...last days were all super sunny (and I needed to get work done) and today, when I could finally go out it starts to rain -.-

Does anyone have a Garmin Connect account?
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It's foggy here, but that's okay with me. I actually got burnt a couple of days ago, still adjusting to it actually being spring.

My running training is going well but my eating hasn't been spectacular, I need to refocus on that so that I can loose some weight and fit into my summer clothes. Wish me luck!
  • starsonlyone
    Options
    It's been over two weeks since I had started this journey. I lost 14 pounds the first week. I kinda wish I had some kinda of scale to weigh myself again but gonna keep trekking on. Kinda scared meeting new people today for a d&d group and they said they are making dinner I am kinda afraid to offend them. I ended up making chocolate cupcakes toake sure I contributed. They are soooooooooo tempting but I am more scared of the dinner then anything elae