Daily Check-In

Replies

• rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    I've been struggling for a long while now so I'd like to add more friends, check in here to be accountable and to say hey and get that scale moving downward again.

Gloria, I just sent you a friend request.

I am back after a 3-day MFP hiatus. I want to get a few healthy days in this week before my dad and sister come for a visit -- I know we'll be doing a lot of restaurant meals and probably drinking more wine/beer than usual.

NSV: I went shopping yesterday for some new summer clothes as I noticed that a lot of my clothes are, well, not so much "too big" as they are "less snug." At the department store, I tried on a bunch of plus size clothes (1x/16W) and everything was too big. I got to shop in the "Misses" (regular-sized) section for the first time in several years.
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Rebilaugh - That's brilliant. Well done
  • stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Hitting the gym after work 5:00pm going to do back and legs today and run on the treadmill ending with a vertical teeter . I use to enjoying running but now I am more distracted with forcing myself to focus more . tried music and tv and people watching as I ran but just that uggggg after a freaking mile lol.. I may have to count Sealy sheep.. to keep going lol grilled chicken with roasted tomatoes for lunch all good lean.. a good start to the week.
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Rebilaugh - Misses? Awesome!
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    rebolaugh wrote: »
    I've been struggling for a long while now so I'd like to add more friends, check in here to be accountable and to say hey and get that scale moving downward again.

Gloria, I just sent you a friend request.

I am back after a 3-day MFP hiatus. I want to get a few healthy days in this week before my dad and sister come for a visit -- I know we'll be doing a lot of restaurant meals and probably drinking more wine/beer than usual.

NSV: I went shopping yesterday for some new summer clothes as I noticed that a lot of my clothes are, well, not so much "too big" as they are "less snug." At the department store, I tried on a bunch of plus size clothes (1x/16W) and everything was too big. I got to shop in the "Misses" (regular-sized) section for the first time in several years.

Ohmygosh! That's fantastic news!! Congratulations!!!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Rebolaugh - great victory! That makes shopping for clothes more fun.

Today I logged everything. The good the bad & the ugly. Which I haven't done in a while now. My bus pass went missing. I'm biking to school tomorrow. rah?
  • Joliekay1582
    Rebolaugh - great victory! That makes shopping for clothes more fun.

Today I logged everything. The good the bad & the ugly. Which I haven't done in a while now. My bus pass went missing. I'm biking to school tomorrow. rah?

Yes rah!! Good for you! Welcome back!
  • Gloria67648
    Happy cinqo de mayo. Is everyone out celebrating?

It's good to be back smurfette
  • Joliekay1582
    @Gloria67648 not celebrating today but have family plans all wkend. Pretty excited :)
  • vivelabookworm
    vivelabookworm Posts: 5 Member
    Hey, everyone, I'm new and figured I would pop in to say hi. I've used MFP before, but this time, I'm really going for it. I wasn't able to get a workout in today because of a work event, but I am looking forward to getting back in tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • Joliekay1582
    Hey, everyone, I'm new and figured I would pop in to say hi. I've used MFP before, but this time, I'm really going for it. I wasn't able to get a workout in today because of a work event, but I am looking forward to getting back in tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day!

@vivelabookworm welcome back!! Hope to see u post tomorrow how great of a fresh start workout u had!
  • Gloria67648
    Welcome Vivalabookworm. 3 cheers for going for it. I'm in. I feel like the Little Engine That Could But She Got Derailed For A While. Toot toot!

Sounds like fun Smurfette!

I got lots of walking in today. Early while it was deliciously cool. I'm treating my knees to some ice. Which is also deliciously cool.
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    I love Spring!!! Even though my allergies are off the Richter Scale!! Happy with my progress here on MFP. Lost three weeks in a row. Have a great day after hump day everyone!
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Today has not been a good day so far. I went to the hospital to get a bone scan.. Well its one thing that I weigh too much for the machine but when the tech found out about me being called a female name his attitude and everything changed. I felt so humiliated and he just seemed to have a complete loathing to me. While i was walking out of the hospital i was in tears. a nice lady took me down to the Quality office and they took my complaint but I should never have had to deal with that,

I am SO sorry that you had to deal with that. Good on you for filing a complaint! It is unfortunate that some people are very narrow in their world view.

• dharmawrites
    kimshaw07 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... I'm new to this. I haven't worked out in three weeks and lack all motivation to go due to working two jobs that has me tired. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the gym even if it's just 30 minutes.

I work a more than full time job, work every other Saturday in another state, so I get the feeling too tired for the gym. My job is frequently high-stress (work with kids/family in crisis) but I have found setting myself as a priority instead of far down the list has made me feel better. Start with a small goal, like gym twice a week for 30 minutes each. That's all, and then see how you feel. You can do this!

• shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Hey everyone, new to the group, I have a long on-and-off history of fairly intense training followed by life intervening. I ended a volunteer position which was both a time-eater and emotionally draining, and want to spend at least the next six months focusing on well-being in all areas of life.

I joined MFP two weeks ago and started logging my food and started to see why my clothes are getting too tight! So glad to say I have lost 7 of 20 pounds so far and will see where that puts me. I am more into lifting than cardio but understand the need for both, especially now. I started stand-up paddleboarding last year and LOVE it, but don't want to scare people when I take my shirt off.
  • dharmawrites
    Hey guys! I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for exercise for someone with bad asthma. I want to get active and stay active! o:)

I would say that it depends what activates your asthma. As a person with asthma (though not severe), I found that exercising regularly, particularly things like stationary bikes, walking, treadmills, etc really help with lung capacity and efficiency. I can still remember being short-winded because of exertion rather than my asthma acting up and it was a marvelous feeling - because before I would get winded due to asthma really easier when I did something physical.

• dharmawrites
    rebolaugh wrote: »

Good for you!

• onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    So I used to track everything once upon a time, lost a good deal of weight. Took a nice paying gig (still have it) but didn't keep up the good habits. So I am 20 lbs heavier, recovering from a mania that could have been less severe if I had maintained my sleep schedule, and ready to get my health back. The steps for today is limiting myself to 2 pots of coffee; hitting the y; working a split; and playing with new found electronics for health.
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    w00t. 9.6 pounds down, 10.4 to go, but I suspect it will not be enough. Survived dinner at Grandma's without a setback, especially since she heard what I was doing and made efforts to accommodate.